• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Disappointments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was only relevant for episodes before the Porygon ep, because there were some bright scenes and they were fixed for re-airings. Now though, there's absolutely zero point in it!

It's also because they release the episodes like two months after the Japanese airing, so if a line is read badly, they don't have much time to fix it.

Agreed: it doesn't make much sense anymore.

That's true, but I also think it has a lot to do with the superior voice direction and talent from the previous dub over the current one.

Why? Do you find the voice acting off? I think they're just stuck for ideas.
I find they're stuck for ideas as well, and they do kind of seem to be rehashing similar ideas again and again rather than being more creative about episode plots.

Silmiss

Dream Trainer
Hoppip. I have no idea why they even added it. Probably filler.
Deddene: "Because atleast 1 of the pikachu clones had to be Fairy type"

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
As much as i love patch 1.3 hackcheck it kinda sucksvthat hamestop disncie is rendered as a hack and unusable on PSS. Thats a huge disapointment.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
This is why I stick with last gen and PC gaming. You can at least hack them.

I love the anti hack feature :3.

The disapointing part is that it thinks ganestop diancie is a hack XD

I used to have a game from Pokémon Emerald from July 2012.
After a year I finally beat the game (I didn't really play it until a year later. lol) and I was about to transfer my old team to Pokémon Platinum, only to realize that I wasn't able to do it yet.
The result: I didn't get my old Pokémon team on Platinum and the entire save from Emerald was erased from the game.
;_;

Good thing I didn't use my Pokémon Ruby game from 10 years ago :U
I also lost that game, I hope that if I find it, I can properly make a back up of it and safely transfer the team to my future Pokémon games :U

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Jynx for me. I want Jynx to be stronger.

115 Special attack is not that bad, and its speed is pretty good as well.

But I kinda see where you're coming from.

Magmar and Electabuzz got an evolution and Jynx was left with nothing.

Jynx should get an evolution as well.

And I mean a regular evolution, not some stupid mega evolution.

blob

115 Special attack is not that bad, and its speed is pretty good as well.

But I kinda see where you're coming from.

Magmar and Electabuzz got an evolution and Jynx was left with nothing.

Jynx should get an evolution as well.

And I mean a regular evolution, not some stupid mega evolution.

At least a Mega Evolution means its BST goes up by 100, instead of 50 like Electivire, or by 45 like Magmortar.

That Steven didn't play a bigger role in the show.
He was in one episode and that was it. This is the champion of Hoenn we're talking about!

phanpycross

God-king
why does gen 1 get to have 3 ORAS megas, while kalos, johto, and unova only get one, that BS, gen 1 got plenty in XY.

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
Stopped in the Name of Love. I know, I know, marketing, but I seriously was looking forward to Piplup evolving. =C
Please don't make me feel stupid for making this post...

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
why does gen 1 get to have 3 ORAS megas, while kalos, johto, and unova only get one, that BS, gen 1 got plenty in XY.

In general, here's how many Megas each generation/region has individually so far:

Kanto (Gen 1): 15 (if both the X and Y forms of Mewtwo and Charizard are counted separately)
Johto (Gen 2): 6
Hoenn (Gen 3): 22 (if Primal Groudon and Kyogre are counted)
Sinnoh (Gen 4): 5
Unova (Gen 5): 1
Kalos (Gen 6): 1

As you can tell, Hoenn is getting the most love in terms of Megas, with Kanto close behind. Everything else is well, very pale in comparison. The main reason I can see why those two are getting the most Megas is because Kanto and Hoenn have the largest fanbases of all the regions so it's nothing but fanservice.

phanpycross

God-king
In general, here's how many Megas each generation/region has individually so far:

Kanto (Gen 1): 15 (if both the X and Y forms of Mewtwo and Charizard are counted separately)
Johto (Gen 2): 6
Hoenn (Gen 3): 22 (if Primal Groudon and Kyogre are counted)
Sinnoh (Gen 4): 5
Unova (Gen 5): 1
Kalos (Gen 6): 1

As you can tell, Hoenn is getting the most love in terms of Megas, with Kanto close behind. Everything else is well, very pale in comparison. The main reason I can see why those two are getting the most Megas is because Kanto and Hoenn have the largest fanbases of all the regions so it's nothing but fanservice.

Yeah, so stupid, if anything, gen 1 shouldnt have had any ORAS megas at all, so the others gens could have a chance to catch up.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Im surprised no one is disapointed at the eon ticket.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Yeah, so stupid, if anything, gen 1 shouldnt have had any ORAS megas at all, so the others gens could have a chance to catch up.

What bothers me is that many Pokémon that got a Mega Evolution would have benfited a lot more if they got regular ones.

Without getting this much boost in stats I mean.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King

I know! I'd love if something like skunktank got a normal evolution

phanpycross

God-king
What bothers me is that many Pokémon that got a Mega Evolution would have benfited a lot more if they got regular ones.

Without getting this much boost in stats I mean.

Pretty much, but I sadly dont think they could do that with stuff like ampharos and charizard, so I guess they needed to bend the rules.

Also: sand attack should never have been able to hit flying pokemon.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Pretty much, but I sadly dont think they could do that with stuff like ampharos and charizard, so I guess they needed to bend the rules.

Also: sand attack should never have been able to hit flying pokemon.

I am not referring to third stage Pokémon or Pokémon who already evolved through special circumstances.

I'm referring to Pokémon like Pinsir, Mawile and Kangaskan, they don't have the stats of fully evolved Pokémon.

I think all of these I mentioned would be better off with regular evolutions without these ridiculous abilities.

Pinsir's ability is fine, but mawile's and kankaskan's are ridiculous.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.