• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Disappointments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the PWT "amazing"? It's just like the Battle Tower, except everyone uses pretermined teams.
It allows you to fight every gym leader from every generation in a tournament setting. I think that is pretty awesome, and i never said i wanted them to bring back predetermined teams. Keeping PWT + Battle Maison would've been an acceptable compromise in my opinion.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Slaking. A good pokemon with pretty good stats and move pool but truancy completely ruins it.

Pretty good?! Slaking would cause more destruction than an earthquake if he didn't have that ability. Some pokemon do get shorted on abilities, but slaking deserves his.

^Also, yes. PWT was pretty awesome.

Murder Doll

Button Presser
PWT had far more flavor then battle tower and the like.

More then anything I'm just disapointed that both the Game Corner and the pokeathlon have yet to make a return.

I really feel there should be more none battle options in the games in general as the pokemon world isn't all about battles.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
PWT had far more flavor then battle tower and the like.

More then anything I'm just disapointed that both the Game Corner and the pokeathlon have yet to make a return.

I really feel there should be more none battle options in the games in general as the pokemon world isn't all about battles.

Yeah, I miss contests. Amie was a nice touch.

Gampi

ガンピ
Don't ever expect the Game Corner to return unless it only contains Voltorb Flip.

TheJLeeTeam

JLeeTeam
Castelia City was very dissapointing for me both in the games and anime. It looks like a very big city, but really it's not that big. Lumiose City feels like 5 times bigger even though it looks smaller. It's supposed to be based on New York City but in the anime It's not as big as New York City either. New Tork City which is the city where the Genesect movie took place actually reassembled New York far more than Castelia City did.

Soberheartless

-Was disappointed in lack of new Gen VI Pokemon
- Was disappointed with Mega Evolutions [while I LOVE the idea, i feel now that Pokémon that should get regular evolutions now won't ie. Absol and Mawile]
- Was disappointed with the fact that there were no (and probably won't be barring Eevee) intergenerational (pr)evolutions introduced in Gen VI
- NOBODY knows how disappointed I was when I figured out Dedenne didn't evolve...well as a pikachu clone i guess...but a guy can dream
- disappointed that gen V is so underrated (i mean, gen V really wasn't done justice. literally within like 3 months of black2white2 being released, they show us X and Y and then all the attention shifted LOL) . It was so short too :/ within gen V we should've gotten hoenn remakes.
-Disappointed xerneas wasn't part grass (petty, i know)
-disappointed that we still haven't had a game engineered towards contests and being coordinators (i know thats WAY out there, i just keep wishing that this would happen, or at least they'd return! iirc, x and y doesnt even have a like mini game place where you can play with friends :/ )

all i can think of for now

MezzyMuffin

Dream World breeder
• Lack of Pikachu and its evolutionary family in 5th Gen. I really wanted to use one for my very first team, but alas...
• The anime after the original series.
Those breeders in BW2.
• Lack of new Pokémon in X and Y. Granted, I love most of the ones we got, and the mega evolutions, but I believe that 6th Gen could have benefited GREATLY all around from another year in development. (Wouldn't have hurt to have 5th Gen in the spotlight for another year either.)
• All of the Kalos starters' final evolutions, particularly Delphox. Can't quite figure out why, but I haven't really warmed up to any of them. Perhaps, with Delphox, I was expecting a more stereotypical Western view on its witch design(with a pointed black hat and whatnot), rather than a mage design.
• No mega evolutions for Raichu, other starters or any Kalos Pokémon.
• The clothing on X and Y. Kind of nitpicky here, but I really think they could have done a lot more with the clothing options. Maybe some more unique pieces, but also items that could match other pieces more, I had a hard time finding a decent combination of blue and white items that I liked.
• Also, hats. Even more nitpicky, but I really wish you could take them off, or maybe have other head accessory choices.

Im just gonna put what dissapointed me in Gen 6 ok

Goomy line is the lowest Pseudo legendary out of all the dragons.Not bad enough its a pure dragon type.Funny how a Dragon/Water typing would make it incredible.While Goodra is a great special wall it lacks versatility.

The baren egg move selections for Kalos pokemon.

The gym leaders are too easy even if you dont overlevel.Its just for some stupid reason GF makes gym leaders after three continue to use only three pokemon in a match.Would be great is gyms 5 and beyond always went full six on six.Its hilarious there are trainers in Victory Road harder than gym leaders.

In addition Kalos has the greatest pokemon diversity out of any region.The gym leaders should have had incredible teams since 2/3rds of every generation is in Kalos.

Diantha her team is unbalanced and im sick of mono type champions.Her team is also very weird and awkward but just like Alder GF used the region's best pokemon on the E4 so she got the leftovers.

Mega Evolution choices are poor tbh.Why on earth would Latios or Latias need a mega evo when they have monster stats already GF?

Lack of postgame other than Battle Maison and Looker.

70 new pokemon is a very small amount.Even Johto had only 100 new pokemon.

The Steel type nerf

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y

It was the introduction of anti-gambling laws in Europe that led to the nerfing of the Game Corner in non-Japanese versions of HG/SS, and the abandonment of the Game Corner in general from 5th Gen onward.

Espurr should have Glare. Because reasons.

The move's Japanese name is Snake Glare, that's why the move is only distributed to snake-based Pokemon, although Druddigon got it as well for a weird reason.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I'm filled with joy and some disappointment when it comes to these games. As 90% of the fandom has already stated, Delphox was just a No. But you know who else dropped the ball? Think last Gen's starters. Emboar was just horrid. At least this time we got a really cool (novel) grass-type, a staggeringly awesome ninja-frog, and the chance to get more than one useless ability on each of them relatively quickly.

And Magician is a neat tool for Delphox. Her (well most are "his", but it still looks like a "her") design is simply not fitting of a burning witch fox. The creators could have done a lot better to satiate the anthro-crowd. Yeah and Dedenne needs to be retconned already. It's too cute to not be useable.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Last edited:

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I thought I was the only one who loved dedenne lol jk but seriously I wish it was more useful

anyway I have to say one of my most recent disappointments is the removal of weather. that's one of my favorite things about unova is that it feels like a dynamic region even though not everything reflects the season. I wish Kalos had seasons as well, I can't imagine how pretty the entire region would be in the fall and winter times.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
anyway I have to say one of my most recent disappointments is the removal of weather. that's one of my favorite things about unova is that it feels like a dynamic region even though not everything reflects the season. I wish Kalos had seasons as well, I can't imagine how pretty the entire region would be in the fall and winter times.

But weather hasn't been removed.

KillerDraco

Weather and seasons are two totally different things. Kalos does have weather, but doesn't have seasons.

...Although to be fair, having things in the game being time locked for more than a week was never fun. Aesthetic seasons are one thing, but not being able to access certain things for months is incredibly annoying.

- The Anime Past Hoenn (Excluding BWS1 and Episode N)
- The TPCi Dub
- XY TR
- DP TR
- DP Brock
- Gen IV in General, be it the games, anime, or manga.
- Bonnie
- Serena

ShachonianX

Spheal Lord
Weather and seasons are two totally different things. Kalos does have weather, but doesn't have seasons.

...Although to be fair, having things in the game being time locked for more than a week was never fun. Aesthetic seasons are one thing, but not being able to access certain things for months is incredibly annoying.

I hated that dynamic the most when trying to catch a Spheal, which is only available in winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.