• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Disappointments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mustache

Pyroar stats.... When I saw that sprite I was like.... YES! FINALLY THE LION POKEMON! And then... a wild frail defense appeared... lol :/

PlatinumD3

I'm sure they will come out with Mega Evolutions for Sceptile and Swampert and Omega Ruby and Alpha Saphire.

cinderkitteh

Pretteh Kitteh Khat
Besides the lack of Kalos pokemon and the not so varied mega-evolutions (which have both already been spoken about), my disappointments would have to be the lack of post-game in X/Y, B/W 1, and any game with only the battle tower. I'd at least like a ton of battle facilities, if not like the original Emerald battle frontier (imo the best one), then more like the Pt/HG/SS one. Sometimes when I'm bored of constant breeding and EV training, I just want to lightly battle, and the varied buildings that put a twist on battling were fun.

Also, Diantha as a champion was disappointing. She's barely involved in the story, and she's not all that hard to beat.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Pyroar stats.... When I saw that sprite I was like.... YES! FINALLY THE LION POKEMON! And then... a wild frail defense appeared... lol :/

Everything about this Pokémon line turned out to be a major bummer. Normal/Fire? If you cannot see the problem there, get your Pokémaster head examined, Game Freak! It's essentially weak to every common physical sweeping move in existence. Hyper Voice? Well that's awesome if you can pair it with a Ground or Water type. But normal and fire is resisted by nearly every rock-type out there. So let's give it Moxie... and give it low attack. -_-' Or Rivalry, where everything it'd be up against is genderless, and everything else will probably be the opposite gender. Or Unnerve, an ability that premiered two generations too late. And it's signature move is utterly crap compared to Pangoro's, which by the way could be a blessing since the line's also weak to Stealth Rock! And every other entry hazard!!!

This is all after we got to see Derpleo's magnificent visage from Coro Coro. Never, in the history of Pokémon, has a Pokémon been so doomed to failure before the games it premiered in were even released! Eeeeeee-WHO-ooo! (<--- Litleo's call)

Pyroar no doubt has a devoted fan base, but even in-game this thing is just lousy. It is anything but ready for comp play.

Last edited:

zhixun

I am disappointed for the choice of Pokémon that can mega evolve. Moreover Lizardon and Mewtwo got two variations seems unfair because somehow they make these two Pokémon distinct from the other similar base stats Pokémon.

J Ken

RAVE
The lack of new Gen VI Pokemon. I understand that they are trying to promote the old games to appeal to older fans while also introducing old Pokemon to the newer generation but I just feel that the Gen VI Pokemon have been overshadowed in their own generation.

zhixun

The lack of new Gen VI Pokemon. I understand that they are trying to promote the old games to appeal to older fans while also introducing old Pokemon to the newer generation but I just feel that the Gen VI Pokemon have been overshadowed in their own generation.

I think there must be a limit of the maximum number of Pokémon in total. I am fine with the way that new and old Pokémon live in Kalos, which is better than only new Pokémon native to Unova.

Murlough

Elite Rival
Biggest dissappointment for me is probably how horribly weak my favorite pokemon are in competitive play :'(. And typhlosion not getting a mega evolution. To heck with blaziken.

Mudcat

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Is Pokémon Mystery Dungeon all right? If so, my dissapointment was when you battle bosses in Explorers of Sky, after it, you don't get experience points. Unlike Red Rescue Team. I know it's minor, but still was dissapointed.

zhixun

The other disappoints in the games is that there is still no dark type gyms although there is dark type elite four. I think there is no reason for this type to stand out and I hope that dark type gyms will be availble in the future.

cinderkitteh

Pretteh Kitteh Khat
Another disappointment I have is the clothing in X/Y. It was great to be able to customize your character (although a lot of the girl's outfit choices were too feminine for my taste), but it could've been applied practically to the games. Like when you go route 17 in the snow, it could require you to put on a jacket and boots. Stuff like that.

Hidden Power

There are a couple of Pokemon which I thought looked pretty awesome at first, but were kind of disappointing when I saw their back sprites.

For example, Zapdos looks pretty neat from the front view with its electrifying wingspan that has bits of black in it, but the back sprite reveals that its actually an entire layer of additional black 'wing', which made it look pretty silly from the back (to me). Another example is Gengar, whose back sprite can range from fuzzy-wuzzy looking in Platinum/HGSS/B2W2 (which I prefer) to awkward ice-cream cones arranged nicely on its back in DP/RSE/FRLG, to completely flat-looking in XY (because Game Freak couldn't figure out how to outline it?). Others have one too many features or protrusions, like Sceptile, Regirock, Regice, and Empoleon.

T5000X

Indivijul
I think I speak for many when I say the Unown were and are a colossal disappointment.

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
There are couple of Pokemon whose shinys just look bad. (Gengar, Garchomp, etc.)
These Pokemon's shinies are just recolored in a darker tone. I hate it. Couldn't they give a better color for shiny?

xSilentDeviL

Shiny Hunter
I'm disappointed that there's still no eeveelution for Dragon, steel or bug. These would probably some of the coolest and best eeveelutions both in terms of design and competitive viability (depending on the stats of course). Still something to look forward too I suppose

Status
Not open for further replies.