• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Disappointments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevenant

Banned
The biggest would probably be the generic button-masher fighting game on a platform with zero fighting game support, probably.

Tonguetyd

The biggest would probably be the generic button-masher fighting game on a platform with zero fighting game support, probably.

Which you don't have to play and probably can't if you don't live in Japan and isn't developed by Game Freak so It'll take no focus off Pokemon Z.

Trevenant

Banned
Which you don't have to play and probably can't if you don't live in Japan and isn't developed by Game Freak so It'll take no focus off Pokemon Z.
Yes it will take developmental focus off of it. What are you talking about?

Did people not watch the trailer? It's going to be released in NA and Europe as a console game too. Probably Wii U, as I can't imagine it even being remotely fun on a 3DS. Doing the Hadoken motion (one of the more simple fighting game techniques) on either a 3DS or Wii U controller is hell but at least the latter it's easier.

Regardless they announced it as a "shocking" and "new" event. It's "new" in the sense that it's a game that didn't come out and it's sure as heck not shocking considering we've known about it for a year already. Nintendo's last foray into the arcades was a gigantic failure. Why are they retrying?

Akashin

Yes it will take developmental focus off of it. What are you talking about?

Did people not watch the trailer? It's going to be released in NA and Europe as a console game too. Probably Wii U, as I can't imagine it even being remotely fun on a 3DS. Doing the Hadoken motion (one of the more simple fighting game techniques) on either a 3DS or Wii U controller is hell but at least the latter it's easier.

Regardless they announced it as a "shocking" and "new" event. It's "new" in the sense that it's a game that didn't come out and it's sure as heck not shocking considering we've known about it for a year already. Nintendo's last foray into the arcades was a gigantic failure. Why are they retrying?

What are you talking about? In what way will Pokken slow down Z/XY2?

And the trailer said nothing about console or worldwide release. Those are just things that can be reasonably guessed upon based on the history of fighting games.

Trevenant

Banned
What are you talking about? In what way will Pokken slow down Z/XY2?

And the trailer said nothing about console or worldwide release. Those are just things that can be reasonably guessed upon based on the history of fighting games.
Are you seriously asking why development on a different game made by the same company is going to halt or slow down another game they were developing...? I don't even...

Do you think they're perfectly equipped game-making octopus robots and can multi-task with hyper-efficiency or something?

Akashin

Are you seriously asking why development on a different game made by the same company is going to halt or slow down another game they were developing...? I don't even...

Do you think they're perfectly equipped game-making octopus robots and can multi-task with hyper-efficiency or something?

No. I do, however, believe that Game Freak is perfectly capable of working on two projects at once; the team being put to Pokken being the same team that is currently working on Z/XY2 is neither confirmed nor likely (if not outright impossible; I don't claim to have perfect knowledge of how it all works).

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
That Pokkén Tournament atm looks to be only an arcade game :(

yes for now it is only said to be available in arcade but eventually when few months have passed it will be transported to different game console

on another note is this something for us to be disappointed about pokemon ?

Tonguetyd

According to Serebii, Pokken Tournament is developed by Bandai Namco, not Game Freak.

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
The only cross-gen evolution in Gen 6 being Sylveon. We don't need any more Eeveelutions, Game Freak.

SpoinkyPearl

The fact that in White 2 you'll can recieve a shiny Dratini and shiny Gible in Black 2. While Garchomp really is one of the best Pokémon in the game, it's shiny version is one of the most boring of them all, while shiny Dratini, Dragonair and Dragonite all look cool. I think it could have been more fair if there has been shiny Bagon or Trapinch or something instead of Gible. Nevertheless, a shiny is always a shiny but in Black 2 the option is much more boring and I've even heard that this is the reason why some people have bought W2 instead of B2.

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
I hope pokken tournament is for console here in N/A because I have no arcade in my city (well we do have one but it hasn't updated itself since street fighter came out for snes).

It most likely will.

It's being made pretty much like a Tekken game. Tekken games ALMOST ALWAYS go to arcades [in japan] for at least a year first before home consoles. Arcades are pretty much like beta test mode. It allows them to see what needs to be balanced for the final product.

If I have my money on anything it's that Pokken Tournament is the arcade games name and Pokken Fighters [which was the other copyright they claimed] is going to be the name for the home system version when it launches.

PlayinWithFire

Hex Trainer
I was disappointed in Aromatisse's design I honestly thought they were going to do the whole plague doctor theme and it could of been a ghost/fairy or dark/fairy, I'm also disappointed in Diantha's more so in terms of difficulty since I do like her design and the fact that she has Mega Gardevoir as her ace but she seemed kinda like a pushover but overall I like Kalos its probably going to be my favorite region for awhile

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
My biggest disappointment was the lack of endgame within XY.
Also, that they didn't stick to global release for ORAS. I don't like when pokemon/gamefreak regress for the sake of regressing.

you mean the way to the pkmn league yeah i find it too easy to beat, wish they could have adjust that part a bit

WaterTypeWarrior

Also, that they didn't stick to global release for ORAS. I don't like when pokemon/gamefreak regress for the sake of regressing.

Uhhh, what? Europe is the only region that isn't getting ORAS on November 21, and they get it on the 28th, just one week later. Sure, its not a complete global release, but it's pretty dang close, and it's still a million times better than what it was before XY.

PlayinWithFire

Hex Trainer
I think the reason why Europe is getting it a week later is because of the games leaks when Pokemon XY came out people were posting images of the game a week before it was released which wasn't fair due it being the first Pokemon game to be a worldwide release it might be a way of punishing those who thought it was okay to release the copies before their due time...

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan

So what?

Most American movies don't get released outside the US until later. Is that a problem if I wanna see the movie? No, I will just wait patiently until it's released in my country.

I don't think that releasing something worldwide is simple, I don't know how it works, but I'm sure it's complicated.

My point is a movie and a video game almost never gets released in all countries at the same time.

We were just lucky that X/Y did.

I don't see how this is disappointing as you shouldn't expect something to be released worldwide as it's rare.

Of course things like YouTube videos or artwork on DeviantART are an exception since these are public worldwide as soon as you put them online and don't require any marketing or any of that stuff.

Last edited:

The Awesome Guy

You bet I am...
My biggest disapointment was the lack of interest in the XY post-game... Battle Mansion is just crap I think... I miss the old days in battle frontier. Damn! That thing was hard hahaha :D

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
My biggest disapointment was the lack of interest in the XY post-game... Battle Mansion is just crap I think... I miss the old days in battle frontier. Damn! That thing was hard hahaha :D

You're not the only one I also hated the lack of things to do post-game.

I mean you literally go through the entire region (except that boring town) before reaching the elite four. Which I find to be pretty stupid.

Pokémon Red didn't have a lot to do post-game either. But that's excusable as it was the first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.