• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon DP Adventure!

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
It makes me wonder why any of his followers listen when if they thot it over they'd realize that they have no guarantee of getting what they want, only if it coincidently matches up w/ Cyrus' world order.

If you recall, in volume 5, Mars said she thought they were going to bring that salvation to the current world rather than create a new one entirely. This seems to match the games, where most of the grunts seem to believe that "new world" is a metaphor (although I think in-game Mars and Jupiter knew, given that Cyrus does all of that in front of them and neither of them react. Likely game Saturn knew too and is in denial).

Basically, they follow him because they think the world needs to change. That's why I've said he's such an effective character--because he's right about so much but so wrong in his actions to achieve it.

gangsta_pigs

Hey Blackjack when Jun and Koya battled eachother do ya know if Jun took out or dealt damage to Koya's pokemon cuz the summary made it sound like Koya only used absol and absol took no damage.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I don't know. I haven't read that volume. I think that's volume 6 though, and it's coming out in English in March.

Im just gonna get the japanese comic o_O

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Im just gonna get the japanese comic o_O

You mean importing? If you know Japanese, go ahead.

I will wait to see how things turn out in the English version since I have time to wait. I believe there are summaries of the events online so those could be useful if I want to catch up.

There are eight volumes right?

Last edited:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Yeah, there's 8 volumes.

If you live in areas with import bookstores, they do the importing for you! I just bought my Japanese volumes off the shelf--no special orders or anything. But then I live near a Kinokuniya.

knux-the-killer

I saw the manga in a site.
The art is amazing and almost better than in the special adventures but........is another anti-evolution piplup.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
There's a reason for it. It can't evolve because of something we find out in volume 5.

gangsta_pigs

lol my birthday was on the 26th. anybody got any scans of Giratina beatingdown Hareta Jun's and Koya's pokemon? i heard it was awesome

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
It would be nice to see a HGSS or even 5thGen sequel to this manga.I can`t wait to read Vol.6 in March.And going by the release`s of the upcoming releases,We might get Vol.8 in November

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Hopefully. Although ideally it would be sooner, but maybe this way they won't have so many translation errors.

gangsta_pigs

Ive been hoping for a heartgold/soulsilver sequel for a while. I think its possible cuz i can imagine a sequel to DPA revolving around Arceus and the ruins in Jhoto

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
It would be nice. Or at least a special chapter in Pokemon Wonderland or something.

I'm kinda surprised that the bonus chapter in volume 8 didn't have Arceus.

gangsta_pigs

same here. I was also surprised how the chapter made no references to Jun, team galactic, the pokemon league winner etc.

If in DPA they have a sequel and go to Jhoto I can imagine not only the Arceus event, I can kinda imagine Hareta and the others facing Mewtwo, where mewtwo is referenceing to the pain he went through and how he hates humanity etc.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I would greatly enjoy that. But if Ihara never does it (and let's face it, the odds are against it), we'll just have to write a fanfic.

gangsta_pigs

Ya buy ya never know, a good author and series has surprises

...............so.......hows it .....goin

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I picked up Ihara's movie 8 adaptation when I was in Seattle over the weekend. He draws Kid a LOT like Mitsumi--or rather the other way around since Kid came first. Same body language and everything.