• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon DP Galactic Battles: UK TV Alert!

charizardmaster125

For those of you who do not have Sky or Virgin Media acording to:

http://uk-tv-guide.com/list/CITV/29 October 2010/

CITV will be airing six episodes of Pokemon DP Galactic Battles from 6:45am, with the last episode on at 9am. Hopefully (fingers crossed), this will continue on from when we were left on the cliff-hanger of Ash and Paul's full battle in the summer, though I have my doubts as CITV may decide to start from the beginning (cough-again-cough).

With Dinosaur King and the new Bakugaun, it seems that CITV is very keen to air the anime genre of cartoons for a long time. With CITV's recent history of giving up on Johto and Hoenn, and the introduction of Sinnoh League Victors, other than the Indigo and Orange leagues, will CITV actually show a full saga?

Only time, airing rights and finances will tell.

Please note that stuff on CITV, tend to air at least five minutes early than advertised so if you want to watch it and you might want an early start in the morning or set the timer to record. Unfortunately, my Freeview is built in, so I've got the early morning wakeup call option - LOL.

charizardmaster125

Today, I had a look at my Freeview Television Guide and according to that, as of next week, CITV will continue to show Galactic Battles, one episode Monday to Friday at a more reasonable time of 7:50am. In addition, the episode titles have not been put up on the guide and the programme has not been labled as a repeat so anything could happen this Friday morning.

If the earlier episodes are being repeated on Friday, I'm going straight back to bed.

ArthurIhde

i am looking at it now

CliveKoopa

I'm a bit dissapointed ITV1 no longer shows Pokemon. I, unfortunately, don't have Freeview as of yet and am unable to watch Pokemon anymore from my TV so I have to watch ot online.

charizardmaster125

@ CliveKoopa, that's a shame that you don't have Freeview yet and I’m sorry to hear about that.

What I found annoying with ITV is how they gave up on Johto, even after all the episodes they had shown and how the saga had just started to speed up midway through Season Five (Master Quest), then after a good few months on hiatus, in a bid to catch up with Sky they skipped straight to episode two of Season Six (Pokémon Advanced) and showed the next nineteen episodes with cut openings and scenes, which made some of the episodes not making much sense.

After that Pokémon was put on hiatus yet again until we got Season Ten (Diamond and Pearl) in 2007. This time Diamond and Pearl was shown with the openings intact and there were only a few episodes that had scenes cut, probably for time constraints. At least Diamond and Pearl (and I will regret saying this) did not feel as butchered as Season Six was. Diamond & Pearl was also aired in the not so spectacular 14:9 aspect ratio, leaving those annoying black bands at the side of the screen.

After repeating Diamond and Pearl several times, CITV went back one season and aired Battle Frontier, for the first time on free TV. Again the whole season was shown but with cut out openings and aired in glorious 14:9 -_-

Following numerous repeats again, CITV moved back to the DP Saga and aired Battle Dimension and again with cut openings and 14:9, though through its run, the season was split up rather than being shown in one go, like they’ve done with Galactic Battles. The UK is about a year behind the US with Pokemon though apparently we ran ahead of the US with Battle Dimension because of how frequently the episodes were being shown.

Episodes of Galactic battles are now shown in full, no cut openings and no cut scenes, and even Glorious 4:3 Full Screen, the aspect ratio that no one uses anymore. Oh well at least that’s put an end to those annoying black bands at the side of the screen. Any way that’s enough of me complaining and babbling on about Pokémon’s air time with CITV, with regards to you not having Freeview, is your location a Freeview area? If not you can get Freesat which is the same as Freeview but works through a satellite rather than an aerial.

As you probably know, the good thing about Freeview and Freesat is that it’s a one off payment and it’s yours. As I said in my first post, my Freeview is built into the TV and if I want to record anything, the TV has to be switched on and left on the same channel as all my recordings have to be done via the AV stream channel on my DVD recorder. I too have been both catching up and looking ahead with Pokémon on the internet. And I have even imported the final half of Season Five and the whole of Season Two from America on DVD, since Network DVD have not yet sorted out the rights for the anime yet.

Kind Regards.

charizardmaster125

Well, I was up early this morning and I was browsing through the channels and CITV had this trailer for Pokémon Galactic Battles as part of Action Stations' "Space Invaders Week" and they were showing clips mainly from the Iron Island two part story and one of Gliscor from some random episode. This may imply that CITV may be repeating the beginning -_-

But we still have to be optimistic so I'm still setting the alarm for 6:30am tomorrow morning and if its repeats, I'm going straight back to bed. Maybe we might see the rest of the season at Christmas time, though I pretty much doubt it.

charizardmaster125

Well, I got up nice and early this morning, went down the stairs, switched the TV and DVD/HDD Recorder on, waited for the Mini CITV Programming Block to finish and five minutes later, Action Stations started broadcasting and to my horror, CITV had started straight from the beginning, again...

To be very honest I am disappointed but I was kind of expecting it. According to someone on PKMN.net who posted an email asking why CITV stopped mid-season, he got a reply from them saying that new episodes would start in July this year, but for some reason that didn't happen, maybe broadcasting rights were to blame.

As you would expect, I was a little ticked off this morning because I got up at 6:30am, Action Stations was five minutes late starting up because of add breaks, I was excited because I did not know what would happen and then the repeats started and I thought "Oh no, I might as well go back to bed" which I did, but because of my brother and my dad going out to work, I really couldn't get back to sleep.

I was also slightly paranoid at that time of the morning because I didn't really know if they were showing old and new back to back so I got up again at around 8:40 and it was just all repeats, thankfully. The good news is that there was a trailer for next week and Pokémon was going to be a part of the new Action Stations block. One episode a day (Monday to Friday) will air as listed at a more reasonable time of 7:50am.

I'm not getting my hopes up for next Monday but I will keep my eye on it. If it’s one thing that bothers me more is that the episode titles were not listed in the guide, this isn't just my on-screen guide but also the internet guides as well. Last time, the episode titles were listed but not this time and I initially thought that they were going to continue since the second half has been delayed.

Anyway that’s it for now but if there is any more developments, I will try and get back as soon as I can. Thank you everybody.

charizardmaster125

Okay guys, after having a look at the uk-tvguide.com website and doing a few calculations, it looks as if CITV will finally continue with Galactic Battles once they have all the repeats out of the way. Today, aired "The Lonely Snover" so I looked through to the final November week and Pokémon is still in the listings, so tune into CITV on 29th November at 7:50 am and we might (might being the keyword here) see the second part of Ash and Paul's full match and on the following Tuesday, "An Un-crushing Defeat".

Don't take my word for this though as the information may change. It's totally annoying that they don't bother listing the episode titles in the listings. Just a quick question: why do you think that CITV has decided to put it on hiatus, repeat it and then continue (or repeat again)?

P.S. We still haven't had a peek out of Network DVD yet but looking at their future releases page, there are not many DVDs left so it looks as if we could have something for Christmas or if all else fails, early next year. I don't want to pester them with questions but it has been too long now and it’s got me wandering, will the UK get another Pokémon DVD other than the movies and Chronicles?

Last edited:

TheNewGuy

I live in the UK myself.

Wwhy haven't you watched all these episodes on youtube? There are also various sites you can use that strams them...we're extremely unreliable when it comes to airing Pokemon. I went off it when Sky One went seemingly years airing every episode up until Charizard Chills without going past it. I really wanted to see how he did at The Orange League...I didn't find out until a couple of years back.

Rapidash123

;078; Thank you soooooooooo much i have been looking for pokemon on the tv for ages and couldnt fined it since i dont have sky i will just have to wake up eariler or recored it thank you so much :D

CliveKoopa

I live in the UK myself.

Wwhy haven't you watched all these episodes on youtube? There are also various sites you can use that strams them...we're extremely unreliable when it comes to airing Pokemon. I went off it when Sky One went seemingly years airing every episode up until Charizard Chills without going past it. I really wanted to see how he did at The Orange League...I didn't find out until a couple of years back.

I didn't know Sky One stopped showing it. I know ITV1 stopped showing it after the Orange Islands and it came back briefly a few episodes in the start of Hoenn and thats it. Well anyway, I'm glad I have the internet so I can keep up to date and even more so than the UK.

charizardmaster125

Breaking news people! I just had a look on my Freeview Television Guide and as of Monday 29th November 2010, CITV will continue to air Galactic Battles from where they left off a few months ago. This means that Freeview viewers will be able to see the second part of Ash V Paul in the episode Evolving Strategies and the aftermath in “Uncrushing Defeat” the following Tuesday.

Needless to say that I am very happy, there must have been a God listening to me as the guide has also listed the episode titles and descriptions of what’s happening. So tune into CITV on Monday 29th November 2010 at 7:50am for the continuation of this exciting season. Fingers crossed they won’t pull a Disney XD and start repeating again after “Uncrushing Defeat”.

Now all that’s left is Sinnoh League Victors for next year and for Network DVD to get the go-ahead from The Pokémon Company INTL to start releasing more Pokémon DVDs in the UK. Once the UK starts to get more Pokémon DVD’s, that will be the cause for celebration.

charizardmaster125

Well, I got up this morning and I'm happy to say, CITV showed Evolving Strategies as the guide said. I was thrilled, also below the CITV logo displayed in the top left corner of the screen it said "NEW". To further complement my last post, CITV have added Pokémon DP Galactic Battles to their list of programmes complete with a character profile on their website and looking ahead to December 17th 2010 they are continuing all the way to "Dressed for Jess Success".

Obviously for the Christmas Holidays, CITV will be changing their schedule slightly so it’s not actually confirmed whether they will actually finish of the season during the holidays. Hopefully, to catch up with Disney XD we might have a double bill a weekday or a week’s worth of episodes on a single day.

I'll keep you all posted of any further changes but until then, enjoy Galactic Battles on CITV at 7:50am Monday to Friday on Freeview.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
So can someone update me where we are with Galactic battles in the UK... how many episodes are left to air?

I'm just hoping the UK airing of Sinnoh Victors is finished airing by March/April time... so we could get the Best Wishes series close towards the game's release

charizardmaster125

By the time I post this, CITV has yet to air 25 episodes before we can put Galactic Battles to bed. Hopefuly, CITV will obtain the airing rights for Sinnoh League Victors before Disney XD but I'm not sure following their record of giving up on Johto & Hoenn. That said, I do belive that Pokemon is being handled better now for "Freeview Users".

The UK is about a year behind the US, it always has been but apparently the UK ran ahead with Battle Dimension because of how frequently CITV were showing the episodes.

charizardmaster125

Hi everybody. Looking through the uk-tv-guide.com website, from Monday 20th December CITV is changing their schedule. I'm happy to say that Pokémon will still be shown during the festive season and there will be two episodes on every weekday from 7:40am. The bad news is that there are no episode titles listed, so we may be going back to repeats, again!

I really don’t know what the heck is going on but I found out yesterday that CITV “outsource” their programmes from other networks so this is all down to Disney XD whether we will see the season continue. Although you can't trust anything on Wikipedia, apparently Disney XD has the rights for Sinnoh League Victors so we might see that on CITV a few months or so after it has aired on Disney XD.

Anyway, we still have to be optimistic so I'll still be up nice and early. I don't know about you guys, but I am fed up about the way that Galactic Battles has been thrown about in the listings. First they put it on hiatus, then repeat, then continue and then repeat random episodes again in the middle somewhere.

You might ask me now, why don't you watch the show on the internet? The answer is I have, but when the episodes do get aired, I do like to record them onto DVD so I don't have to stream them from the internet anymore, since the UK hardly gets any Pokémon DVDs that are not the movies, and hopefully we’ll probably get something DVD wise in 2011.

Anyway, apologies for the small rant but I'm sure that you guys will agree with me in some way or another.