1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon DP & its movies inspired by Promised place beyond the clouds?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Pika Pikachu, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Pika Pikachu

Pika Pikachu Member

As I was watching promised place beyond the clouds few days ago, it came to me that Pokemon DP & its movies inspired by Promised place beyond the clouds? Especially Islands of Sinnoh are baaed off islands of Hokkaido, in promised place beyond the clouds, there's map of Hokkaido that looks very similar to Sinnoh maps as well as theme of going beyond spacetime opening dimensions to parallel universes, multiverses?

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  2. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

Well, Sinnoh IS based on Hokkaido, so it's possible there were some inspirations.

By the way what's "Promised place beyond the clouds" about?

3. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist R.I.P. Mr. Hillenburg

I wouldn't count map similarities as inspiration, seeing as Sinnoh being based on Hokkaido would by default give it similarities to a map of Hokkaido. Also, Ruby and Sapphire were released in 2002. Which means that's when DPPt started production, and the movie you're talking about was not released until 2004.

4. Pika Pikachu

Pika Pikachu Member

Also, it seems to me that mewtwo strikes back is insoired by nausicca, especially how satoshi & Nausicca sacrifice themselves to prove to anatognist, then revived by said anatognist & his subordinates

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  5. Pika Pikachu

Pika Pikachu Member

I
    It's about a girl falling into coma, researchers conduct researches on her brain being able to interact with parallel universes, bend spacetime and open wormholes, warp, (the goal of Team galactic & Sirus, main plot of entire DP team galactic arc, as well as theme of DP movies being DP legendary trio pokemon that come out of parallel universes, able to bend spacetime at will) meanwhile her two boyfriends try to bring her back into consciousness.

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  6. lolipiece

lolipiece ✧* Ladies ~ *✧ Staff Member Moderator

...Is Sinnoh being based on Hokkaido and Ash being revived the only things the only things that connect to these movies, because unless you got more stuff, those are some incredibly big stretches to justify these comparisons.