• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon DP to end on this fall; new series on its way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Source: http://animeanime.jp/news/archives/2010/04/_2010_5.html

Since statement is too long, I will just post up the important part;

- On April 15th(which is today), TV Tokyo has announced that Pocket Monster DP will end its run on this Fall.

- Plot of Anime will head to an end start from Grand Festival arc.

- Story to watch in GF is, Hikari's "Final match" promise with Nozomi, and who will become a Top Coordinator.

- Satoshi's League story will be very interesting to watch.

- Story to watch in League is, Satoshi VS Shinji, whether Satoshi will become champion or not.

- SATOSHI WILL FACE A TRAINER WHO USES A LEGENDARY POKEMON (伝説のポケモンを操るトレーナー) IN THE LEAGUE.

- TV Tokyo already have new series ready to air when DP ends.

- More informations regarding new series will be revealed soon.

Last edited:

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
So wait, Dawn's heading for the top in the GF for the finals, Ash is going to be in the Finals of the League with Paul, and while doing so, he'll face a trainer with a legendary Pokemon? Uh, cue the "Zoroark is legendary, and legendaries evolve" card.

Pokeshippers

AAML Livin The Dream
Hmm I read it but it said Manipulate the Legendary Trainer or according to the translator.... legendary trainer doesn't really mean Legendary Pokémon or i may be wrong

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
- SATOSHI WILL FACE A TRAINER WHO USES A LEGENDARY POKEMON IN THE LEAGUE
So Ash is most probably going to lose to this trainer.
Now whether this Legendary is an old one or is from the 5th gen is also a question.

But one thing surprise me is that the way they are advertising it (they also aired a preview related to this at today's episode end i think which is post one Filb.de), it seems that the story about Ash might end with the Sinnoh league but thats something which is not likely going to happen.

Pokeshippers

AAML Livin The Dream
I read a translation and it said Legendary Trainer but that doesn't mean that they have a Legendary Pokémon or maybe my translation was bad meh
(Sorry for double post wasn't intentional just thought my other reply failed to send)

Janovy

Banned
As for the legendary Pokemon, I suspect Darkrai will appear. You remember that in the opening there is a scene showcasing a battle between Buizel and Darkrai.

cg_25

Trainer Trainer
You missed the part where it says Ash becomes champion and retires from pokemon and the new series will start of with a new character.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
So Ash will fight against a legendary pokemon in the league? interesting, I wonder who it will be. Maybe the final battle is Ash vs a new trainer with a new legendary pokemon (similar to how it was in Hoenn league but this time not a starter).
Dawn is probably going to become a Top Coordinator after the GF.

Janovy

Banned
You missed the part where it says Ash becomes champion and retires from pokemon and the new series will start of with a new character.
You're kidding, right?

An00bis

Wicked Witch
- SATOSHI WILL FACE A TRAINER WHO USES A LEGENDARY POKEMON IN THE LEAGUE

Not saying that one of the ones in the Opening will be it but it seemed like the Opening itself foreshadowed this. They must have planned pretty much everything by time The Greatest Everyday aired ...

Looking forward to it.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
So Ash is most probably going to lose to this trainer.
Now whether this Legendary is an old one or is from the 5th gen is also a question.

But one thing surprise me is that the way they are advertising it (they also aired a preview related to this at today's episode end i think which is post one Filb.de), it seems that the story about Ash might end with the Sinnoh league but thats something which is not likely going to happen.
It actually gets contradicted with this phrase:
- Story to watch in League is, Satoshi VS Shinji, whether Satoshi will become champion or not.

It sounds a lot like Ash will beat him, and both Him and Shinji go to the finals.

SneaselClaw

I already started to lose interest when the voice actor's changed, but I got over that. Having a brand new main character though, I'll just stop watching.

hmm so it seems that ash will beat paul before the final, then lose in the final against a legendary

im predicting right here and now (and the first to do so) that it will be Raikou

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
It actually gets contradicted with this phrase:

It sounds a lot like Ash will beat him, and both Him and Shinji go to the finals.

They mentioned Paul but then "a trainer who uses a legendary pokemon" so the trainer might be a someome else. It's not in the same sentence, but they said "champion or not", so this is the final battle in the league. Maybe the "legendary pokemon" is actually belogns to E4 member, if we consider that Ash will win the final battle and this battle is not part of the league.

Pokeshippers

AAML Livin The Dream
I hope Ash actually wins for once and he better beat Paul if not it's going to be more than depressing, what I find more depressing is if he reaches the final and then loses to a Legendary seriously using a Legendary is just overkill and no fair.... All in All I want him to win, if he does he'll probably get destroyed by Aaron giving him a reason to train more and take up other challenges in the new region... sigh... but knowing Ash he'll beat Paul then fail... Ash always fails

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
:O A legendary!? In the League? I just died and went to Pokeheaven.

The question is who has it though? And which Pokemon? I always liked the idea of Palmer having Heatran when we thought there'd be a BF arc. It could be that. They never seem to go for the uber legendarys though... I'll have a think.

EDIT: I had my think, and I think it might be Entei. Why? I think it would have to be from a trio, because the standalone or duo legendaries seem to be too powerful. We've had battles with birds (Articuno) and regis (all three), and pixies have been seen this saga. That leaves the Beasts really. Raikou and Suicune have had appearences this saga, while Entei has not, IIRC. I know that appearances wouldn't mean too much, but Entei did appear in the opening, which could have been foreshadowing it's appearance in the league.

I agree with mitchman, it sounds as though Ash will get at least to the top 2 of his respective tournament as well as Dawn. Seeing as it's Paul, who I really don't see Ash losing to here, Ash really could win it.

Last edited:

Pokeshippers

AAML Livin The Dream
I still think Legendary is going too far... however like i mentioned earlier when i translated it, it said Legendary Trainer not Legendary Pokémon so I guess we'll have to wait till it happens lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.