• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon DP to end on this fall; new series on its way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
lol last time Ash had a Female rival in any form, must have been Casey and Macey, and lets face it, they were pathetic!

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Well that's true but at least they tried the plots with a different character's sometimes. For instance Mamoswine going rogue was a rehash of Charizard for sure but at least they tried it with a new trainer who was to inexperienced to control it at the time and not Ash again. Doing rehashes with Ash is terrible because it downgrades his character. Paul made Ash look like a fool all region and I would hate to see this happen to him again in the future. Maybe they could make his next rivalry a little more even?

That was the best part of Sinnoh! You want a rivalry as stale as Dawn and Kenny? Best thing is that Paul isn't going to make a fool out of Ash at the end of the region. It was all just to set the league up, so I think the writers did exceptionally well in that regard.

Ash never had a female rival which means he should and her personality should be like zoey and gary together. that would make things interesting but would paul go with ash to the next region as a rival again????

Wow, that's some screwed up logic right there... not to be rude but ''He never had one, so he should'' isn't a very convincing reason. I don't deny the fact that it would make it more interesting, but it doesn't matter to me if the rival happens to be male, but interesting like Paul, not the same but equally interesting. It's like this feminist guy who's on tv here in the Netherlands. He wants a woman to be mayor of Amsterdam, even if there are better candidates who happen to be male. Sure, I'm all for women in power, but you're kidding yourselves when you want a woman to take the spot, regardless of better options.

That being said, I'd happily greet a female rival (can't stress this enough, I'm scared of feminist retaliation), if she is as interesting as Paul was, or just really interesting in her own right. If she's just going to be Ash's main rival, for the sake of having a female mainrival for once, and be as bland as Kenny, well screw that and give me whatever better reject there was brought up.

Aside from this debate. Zoey and Gary molded into one character? A bland, lesbian, cocky rival who's almost never around and if she is lectures everybody about what they should do?? Sign me up!!

Lol, Paul will most likely leave for the Kanto Battle Frontier. If Ash does truly show Paul the light at the end of their battle, Paul might think that Ash's training style is the key for beating Brandon.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
That was the best part of Sinnoh! You want a rivalry as stale as Dawn and Kenny? Best thing is that Paul isn't going to make a fool out of Ash at the end of the region. It was all just to set the league up, so I think the writers did exceptionally well in that regard.

Wow, that's some screwed up logic right there... not to be rude but ''He never had one, so he should'' isn't a very convincing reason. I don't deny the fact that it would make it more interesting, but it doesn't matter to me if the rival happens to be male, but interesting like Paul, not the same but equally interesting. It's like this feminist guy who's on tv here in the Netherlands. He wants a woman to be mayor of Amsterdam, even if there are better candidates who happen to be male. Sure, I'm all for women in power, but you're kidding yourselves when you want a woman to take the spot, regardless of better options.

That being said, I'd happily greet a female rival (can't stress this enough, I'm scared of feminist retaliation), if she is as interesting as Paul was, or just really interesting in her own right. If she's just going to be Ash's main rival, for the sake of having a female mainrival for once, and be as bland as Kenny, well screw that and give me whatever better reject there was brought up.

Aside from this debate. Zoey and Gary molded into one character? A bland, lesbian, cocky rival who's almost never around and if she is lectures everybody about what they should do?? Sign me up!!

Lol, Paul will most likely leave for the Kanto Battle Frontier. If Ash does truly show Paul the light at the end of their battle, Paul might think that Ash's training style is the key for beating Brandon.

Ash and Paul's rivalry is great but do you honestly want to see another repeat of it next region with Paul wearing a girl's wig and dress? They can't just keep doing that all region and expect us not to notice. Ash get's beat by rival when they first meet, Ash loses again, Ash loses a 6 on 6 battle against his rival. When we went from Johto to Hoenn Ash didn't have a rival after Gary until the leauge so it was a break and then Sinnoh we got Paul. Going from Paul to Paulina in generation 5 and have her beat Ash everyday until the league is to predictable and boring. Why not have Ash beat his rival the first time for once just to shake it up. Sorry but I'm not looking foward to a Paul wannabe.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Pleease, if Ash's next rival is a chick, do not make her a rookie! Make her slightly older than Ash, and Brock always falling for her, not some ugly old brute. How will Ash handle that? Perhaps, I'm waiting for a rival NOT based on the in-game rival, but somebody like an Ace Trainer from Gen 4 design. Ash would probably fall for her too!

Nacreous

Fire trainer
What if in the next gen we'll have a slightly older Ash...appearance-wise?

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
yeah, why is it only Lapras has been seen to grow up?

That would be something I would like to see. If Brock really does leaves, I wouldn't mind seeing Ash a tad older, and more mature. He would still have his idiotic moments of course.

I just hope the writers don't screw Ash over in the league. I know they want to slowly develop his character, but I want to see him win another league...or at the very least get Top 4( coming in second place). If Dawn wins the GF, it would be nice to see Ash win the Sinnoh League. Two major accomplishments like that would be a nice change. The former will probably achieve it, but the latter got thrown a legendary for some reason.

Last edited:

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
YES. I want this to be the place where Brock leaves for a better future, dawn wins and she goes off to do her stuff, and Ash takes a break for a while after winning a league. Would also be fitful, cause to be honest just from the look of the sprites for BW, the future characters seem to be kinda older.

D*N

Musical Star
Ash and Paul's rivalry is great but do you honestly want to see another repeat of it next region with Paul wearing a girl's wig and dress? They can't just keep doing that all region and expect us not to notice. Ash get's beat by rival when they first meet, Ash loses again, Ash loses a 6 on 6 battle against his rival. When we went from Johto to Hoenn Ash didn't have a rival after Gary until the leauge so it was a break and then Sinnoh we got Paul. Going from Paul to Paulina in generation 5 and have her beat Ash everyday until the league is to predictable and boring. Why not have Ash beat his rival the first time for once just to shake it up. Sorry but I'm not looking foward to a Paul wannabe.

it would be intresting if ash gets a female rival where he falls for.
not brock, brock does that to every woman.
So it's a kind of imitation but then not on the paul thing

Waterpokes

lol last time Ash had a Female rival in any form, must have been Casey and Macey, and lets face it, they were pathetic!

Macey were great! She had a Quilava! Don't bash Macey! Macey is G.ODESS! [/sarcasm]

Stupid jokes aside, they should definatly introduce a female TRAINER.
They should definatly make her about Ash's age, and make her original.
If they don't make her, like they did with Dawn's rival, league rivals and Barry, I'd be fine.

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
So here's how it'll go:

Paul has the legendary. Its a freaking Arceus. He uses it to pwn the heck out of Ash. Paul, being the jerk he is, still calls it weak and pathetic. and Arceus goes "SHUT YOUR GOD DAMNED MOUTH BOI!". And then paul is never seen or heard from again.

(yes obvious joke is obvious)

but really hope we get to see a legendary has had little screentime. Cresselia, phione, and manaphy are what I'm banking on.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Homophobic remarks?
Did I miss anything?
All the lesbian comments

So what if they are lesbians?There are many gay-like characters in animes in general.In pkmn there are Harley,James,possibly Nando,Zoey but constant comments about someones sexuality is annoying

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
so I'm not the only one who thinks Zoey is a lesbian? interesting...

niedude

Don't forget to grin
All the lesbian comments

So what if they are lesbians?There are many gay-like characters in animes in general.In pkmn there are Harley,James,possibly Nando,Zoey but constant comments about someones sexuality is annoying

Get over it, we are having harmless fun calling characters who display gay/lesbian tendecies gay/lesbian, if it offends you then you're the one with the problem. Besides, every pokemon fan has cracked at least one gay joke about each guy you mentioned, and yet you chose to be offended with the lesbian jokes?

Listen dude, there is nothing wrong with this. And don't say I'm saying this cause I'm straight, because FYI I'm bi and, I say this again, think there is no problem with a little joke now and then.

[img139]http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt218/mandyali/dp174-4.jpg[/img139]

MY FIRST D/P SHIP. awwwwww. And that isn't a handshake ..more like one of those 'WE ARE ONE LOVE' moments.

Oh yeah. Nozomi was always an obvious lesbian.

BM14murph

Master Collector
Guys this is about the show ending not about who is/is not a rampant lesbian ok lol

With the new episode about Meowth possibly leaving being revealed i think it's looking even more likely that they will end the series of Ash and the troops and start a new

Waterpokes

As I mentioned in the Meowth thread, I doubt Meowth will be leaving just yet.
I think it would make more sense to see Meowth and Team Rocket, leave a few episodes before the entire series is over. Jessie and James are actually two of three most seen characters, and has appeared in every single episode, except the first.

I think it will stay this way, until the possible very end.

And when I saw that preview, and after I was done, all I could think of, was that they have confirmed Appealshipping, and the fact that Zoey is a lesbian.

Status
Not open for further replies.