• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon DP to end on this fall; new series on its way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
As much as I want Pokemon Black & White to be a Darker & Edgier pokemon anime with a female main character, a dangerous replacement for JJM and deep plot that makes Metal Gear Solid look like Mario...

Not gonna happen....

It's gonna be the same old ****. Same Ash, Brock and Gen V girl.

If I am wrong and there is a MAJOR change in the series (no Ash, older characters etc), I will lick the sole of my mud covered shoe on camera and post it on Youtube. In fact, I'll put this in my signature so that EVERYONE may know.

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
I kind of want the anime to end though. And make it a total surprise.
A real Big Lipped Alligator Moment that leaves everyone slack jawed.

Everyone should go, "WHAT THE FUDGE JUST HAPPENED?!"

I kind of want the anime to end though. And make it a total surprise.
A real Big Lipped Alligator Moment that leaves everyone slack jawed.

Everyone should go, "WHAT THE FUDGE JUST HAPPENED?!"

Or at least start with a whole new main cast. If Ash wins the Sinnoh League, Dawn wins the Sinnoh Grand Festival, and we get word that May wins the Johto Grand Festival, with the three of them attaining their dreams I think that kind of maneuver would be very possible. Will it happen? Even with the scenario I just laid out, not very likely. The backlash would be so huge that the writers would regret doing it if they did.

SketchFox7

hmm so it seems that ash will beat paul before the final, then lose in the final against a legendary

im predicting right here and now (and the first to do so) that it will be Raikou

Maybe it'll be Jimmy(Ethan in this dub) who caught that Raikou after the PC special!!!

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
As much as I want Pokemon Black & White to be a Darker & Edgier pokemon anime with a female main character, a dangerous replacement for JJM and deep plot that makes Metal Gear Solid look like Mario...

Not gonna happen....

It's gonna be the same old ****. Same Ash, Brock and Gen V girl.

If I am wrong and there is a MAJOR change in the series (no Ash, older characters etc), I will lick the sole of my mud covered shoe on camera and post it on Youtube. In fact, I'll put this in my signature so that EVERYONE may know.

Get ready to lick! lol I honestly can't see why people are so against it ch ageing? I would rather see Ash win the league and his story end instead of dragging him on for 30 years!

BlueDragonfangirl

Maybe it'll be Jimmy(Ethan in this dub) who caught that Raikou after the PC special!!!

That'd be pretty wicked if that was the case.
That or it could be Conway, that'd be a suprise too.
I mean, we just found he was in the league.
So, if he had a legendary Pokemon and beat Ash I'd be wow.
There's gotta be a reason why they just suddenly gave Conway as a rival for Ash.

Super Gullwing

Team Skull Mom

I would really, reeaallllyyy love that to happen. >w<
...Did I miss something? He caught it later? o_O;

Is there not going to be a Battle Frontier saga after all, by the way?

Chimchar15

I'm sorry but some of you people fail to realize that Brock isn't going anywhere. They tried it once remember? Back in the Orange League and look at what happened. Besides Ash would survive without Brock. He gives advice, treats the sick Pokemon Center while they can reach a Pokemon center. Feeds everyone including the Pokemon, and is the most mature. Sorry but whether you like it or not Brock's here to stay. Dawn like May, and Misty before her will be gone.

BlueDragonfangirl

I would really, reeaallllyyy love that to happen. >w<
...Did I miss something? He caught it later? o_O;

Is there not going to be a Battle Frontier saga after all, by the way?

No, there's not going to be a mini arc before the end of the series.
Its just going to end after the league. The three Heroes will split, whether Brock will stay or not is a question in the air.

BM14murph

Master Collector
The League will prob end Mid/Late August when they might have time for a small E4 Arc if the new games come out Mid/Late October or Early November

Spacialrend

Gallade owns

that would be kick-a**! What if, hypothetically, the Brendan character, pretty much the awesome one, managed to find and catch Latios? Anyone up for that? Or should Latios/Latias belong to Steven? I'll get off playable characters in sec, but Lucas is my least favorite, so I would be annoyed if they gave him an appearance with Azelf, or some other Sinnoh legendary...

Here's hoping the next girl does something different than contest. I know she isn't like Dawn and blah blah, but after having someone (possibly) win the GF, it'll feel like a downgrade if she doesn't at least reach were Dawn does.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
It is wonderful. They might marry.
I think their weddings to be held after a grand festival ends.

Candice wouldn't approve.

zeno48

Zaker!
I'm sorry but some of you people fail to realize that Brock isn't going anywhere.
Thanks for the heads up nostrodomus. Who put you in charge of the magic ape ball?
They tried it once remember?
yeah we remember but at this point nobody would care if he left. Ash and pikachu on the other hand would be different.
He gives advice
That's not good enough.
treats the sick Pokemon Center while they can reach a Pokemon center
They don't need him there for that. They can just have sick pokemon on the pokeball untile they get to the pokemon center.
Feeds everyone including the Pokemon
He isn't a maid, wait, scratch that, he is but Ash at this point should make his own stuff instead of being spoiled.
and is the most mature
He is the oldest but he doesn't act that way when he is in front of woman. Not that it matters but nothing you stated is enough to keep him.
Sorry but whether you like it or not Brock's here to stay.

You don't know that so please STFU because he isn't a permanent charater like you make him out to be. He is a dead weight uniteresting character that is dragged into every region to act like a maid to the leading characters. That's all he is.

narwhals1

Pikachu Expert
I read an earlier comment near the beginning of the thread, saying Ash will challenge a legendary Pokemon, and another saying he'll retire after he wins.

Perhaps he fights the Ho-Oh he saw on his first day as a trainer. THAT'D be a way to end the Ash saga. It would be symbolism regarding how far he's come up til' now.

That's just a guess though. :)

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
Frankly, I'd just love if they actually had the main characters having an active role in bringing down the regions villains. I mean in the past regions we haven't even so much as had the heroes even beating a grunt, much less battling someone major from it. Closest they've gotten to that was here in D/P, but even then they didn't actually battle Cyrus, they just kinda used their connection with the lake trio to stop Dialga and Palkia while Cyrus just kinda killed himself walking into the unknown. It seems no matter how much edgier pokemon gets over the years, they'll never have the balls to actually have the main characters being heroes capable of doing something useful about the regions evil.

The manga has shown that taking a detour to beating the main evil of the region is something that these normal trainers, who are essentially in the same boat as Ash and friends, can do and can actually make a difference in defeating them. They manage to do this and make their goals by the end of the region, heck Ash and friends go through the final battles and still make it in time so they may as well do something. I think that if pokemon were more like the manga, it would be a lot more exciting. When the group says 'Team Rocket!' when they show up, give them a reason they talk about them as though they're a threat.

But unfortunately since this isn't more Shounin like the manga, we'll never get something that exciting, ever.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
I love how people speculate things based on their opinion or what they want to see in the anime. First I wanna mention a few things

1. Whoever’s ranting about Brock not doing anything and should leave the show, to them – Brock isnt’t going anywhere as much as Ash and Pikachu ain’t going anywhere. The fate of the anime doesn’t get decided based on how 1 person feels about Brock. As far I know, 9 out of 10 people like Brock. And who’s to say he isn’t doing anything. His lifelong wish is to become a top notch breeder, and the way I see it he’s doing a pretty darn good job at it. He takes care of the noobs’ (Ash and Dawn) Pokemon. He makes their Pokemon food as well as cooks for the rest of the gang. Breeding is something that’s not easy to portray in the anime. If the screentime is more focussed on how Brock is taking care of Pokemon, that would get boring after a while, so presumably he’s studying about breeding (reading books, etc.) off-screen. However, I blame the writers for the fact that they have neglected Brock way too far in this saga

2. I don’t understand why 50% of this thread has turned into Misty discussion topic. But I can see people want Misty back not because she’s a great character and all, but they want to see her with Ash so they can get a opportunity to create some shipping. When did Misty leave? Like in 2002? Dream on guys, lol. The storyboard writer clearly said in an interview that none of the old supporting girls are making a comeback, at least not permanently. They introduce new girls in every region just to give some eye candy to the boy fanbase.

Back to the original topic. It’s good to see Sinnoh saga is finally coming to an end this Fall. That’s good news. This saga has already dragged on too long with all the filler episodes with the main storyline sandwiched in between. It’s about time it ended. Hopefully there will be some character developments in the next region, and they better stick to the main storyline this time around.

About the legendary Pokemon in the league, I have a strong suspicion he’s gonna somehow bump into Buck just before the league starts, since Buck is the only trainer from the game that hasn’t been introduced in the anime. And Buck might have a Heatran. I highly doubt a Nando-Mew theory though. It’s because no one will capture a Pokemon that’s considered a god like creature in the anime. Sure, his harp is designed like a mew, but that doesn’t mean he possess a Mew. It might signify something bigger, such as he wants to have a heart like Mew.

Is it even confirmed yet that Ash faces Paul in the final? At this point we are all speculating things. Why can’t Ash face Paul in the best 8, beat Paul, and loses to the trainer with legendary Pokemon in the best 4? Anything is possible. We will just have to see

Last edited:

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
About the legendary Pokemon in the league, I have a strong suspicion he’s gonna somehow bump into Buck just before the league starts, since Buck is the only trainer from the game that hasn’t been introduced in the anime. And Buck might have a Heatran. I highly doubt a Nando-Mew theory though. It’s because no one will capture a Pokemon that’s considered a god like creature in the anime. Sure, his harp is designed like a mew, but that doesn’t mean he possess a Mew. It might signify something bigger, such as he wants to have a heart like Mew.

this!

I always had that as one of my ideas of who might have the Legendary. This seems more logical than the theory that I had.

Manene!

I'm sorry but some of you people fail to realize that Brock isn't going anywhere. They tried it once remember? Back in the Orange League and look at what happened. Besides Ash would survive without Brock. He gives advice, treats the sick Pokemon Center while they can reach a Pokemon center. Feeds everyone including the Pokemon, and is the most mature. Sorry but whether you like it or not Brock's here to stay. Dawn like May, and Misty before her will be gone.
They tried it once, like, ten years ago... people liked Misty more and they've done fine without her. As for Brock's role, all they'd have to do is introduce the male game character and make him a Pokemon researcher who is sent out by the region's professor to do research, preferably relating to the legendary Pokemon the evil team is after. He gets a starter, along with the female game character, and they go off on their journey with Ash. Then, when the evil team appears, they can give the male game character spotlight, using that as his "gyms" or "contest." And since he's a researcher, he knows how to take care of Pokemon and nurse them back to health. And by chance, he's also a very good cook. It'd be much better than having Brock there doing nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.