• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon DP Unobtainable Pokemon

Noah3475

Pokemon Trainer
I was viewing the "Unobtainable Pokemon" list for Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl. There's all of the Pokemon that would make sense for the list, such as Gen I - III Starter Pokemon and Legendary Pokemon. However, I couldn't help but notice that there are only two "regular" Pokemon on the list...

Tangela and Tropius.

No other "normal" Pokemon are on the unobtainable list. Does anyone have an idea as to why that is?

Mirai

I was viewing the "Unobtainable Pokemon" list for Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl. There's all of the Pokemon that would make sense for the list, such as Gen I - III Starter Pokemon and Legendary Pokemon. However, I couldn't help but notice that there are only two "regular" Pokemon on the list...

Tangela and Tropius.

No other "normal" Pokemon are on the unobtainable list. Does anyone have an idea as to why that is?
You're asking why Game Freak didn't give them in-game locations in the wild? Who knows maybe they just didn't think people would care? They're technically still attainable in the wild in D/P through the Pal Pak at least. So that's something.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Tangela is a really weird one, tbh considering it had an evolution this generation... As for why these two very specific and normal Pokemon weren't obtainable in the wild in D/P, who honestly knows? Maybe they just couldn't think of where to put them. They were put into the Platinum Pokedex, though.

I have always found it weird these two Pokemon were just completely absent from Diamond/Pearl they aren't special Pokemon, in any way.

TwilightBlade

I think Gamefreak couldn't figure out where to put them in DP maybe? Both got put in the Great Marsh in Platinum but I guess Gamefreak didn't think of it in DP.