• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon DP163 - Infernape

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

Who says Monferno evolves against Paul? Paul will more than like witness its evolution but that doesn't mean it will evolve against Paul.

Given the title, it's more than likely Monferno evolves out of control due to Blaze. If helping Ash somehow triggers Monferno's evolution, then Paul will only be indirectly responsible for its evolution.

WingBlast

Poke-holic
ZOMG O.O Goukazaru finally!!!! yes!
I woke up this morning to find out that Mokazaru is set to evolve in DP163! Now,how cool and awesome is that? and right after Hikari's contest XD I hope that we'll get to the GF and SL soon!
And what about this non sense of Satoshi returning Goukazaru back to Shinji! Why on Earth would he do that?
I really can't wait!hope we get Togeskiss and then Dotaitose right after this episode!
Way to go writers hooray ^^

rlopez

As much as I want to see this happen becuase i want to see how a different/fighting pokemon uses the move (since so far Staraptor's have been the only pokemon line to execute this move in the anime.) I kinda hope they take a different route and give it something like Brick Break which would be very helpful against Paul's Light Screen spamming.

Lucario used Close Combat during the Iron Island episode against a Aggron. But I wouldnt mind seeing Infernape using the attack, crazy fire ape attacking nearest pokemon, sounds like a good time.

I know some other people have suggested this but the one attack that Im pretty sure were gonna get here (or eventually) is Blast Burn. I only suggest learning it here because of the title. But with Barry's Empoleon knowing Hydro Cannon and Paul's Torterra knowing Frenzy Plant, it only seems natural Infernape would learn Blast Burn. And seeing that we havent seen it yet, it only makes it seem even more likely.

Rizardon

Boulder Trainer
Oh man, it's going to go crazy again?

I thought Monferno already put that mental psycho state behind him. Still, it's pretty cool he's going to evolve already instead of the final battle against Paul in the league like many of us though. Blast Evolution seems like a weird title, so learning Blast Burn isnt entirely out of the question. Who knows, maybe he'll go crazy after evolving and throwing around random BB's, endangering Ash with Paul saving the day by knocking Infernape out wiiiiith....Electivire?

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
I guess so. Usually when the focus shifts, it means something good has already happened before. So to keep the ball rolling after Dawn's contest win, they follow up with Ash's Monferno evolving. Sounds like a good plan to me.

Also, finally there won't be anymore "Monferno should evolve in this episode" speculations anymore. Seriously got tired of that when everytime an episode was revealed, some people had to keep saying "Monferno is totally going to evolve in this episode!"

Side note: After reading the pages of this thread, I have found that there are some members here so stupid that I physically want to hit them in the mouth. Not naming anyone but still, I'm very close to losing it.

Get on it Juptoru!

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
now there going to focus on evolving ash's pokemon so this means dawn will win her 5th ribbon

How does that mean she'll win? I can see the writers adding Ash-time even if she loses. He is the main character afterall.

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
Also, finally there won't be anymore "Monferno should evolve in this episode" speculations anymore. Seriously got tired of that when everytime an episode was revealed, some people had to keep saying "Monferno is totally going to evolve in this episode!"

Well you also got,

"When is Grotle going to evolve?"

"When will Dawn get Togekiss?"

"Who will Ash use against Volkner?"

"Will Infernape be more powerful that Charizard?"

"Will Torterra surpass Sceptile?"

"When will Buizel/Gible evolve?"

"Will Ash oak Buizel for Totodile?"

and thats just the icing on the cake, my friend it has only just begun

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
^ True. But at least thats one off the list. And a few more soon to come. Just one of those annoying questions we keep getting every week cause people here are too impatient.

That, or they are too far up their own butts to think straight.

Switching Buizel for Totodile....really?

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
If Totodile evolves, then it would be perfect!

Back to the episode, this will be epic! :D

Dude, you're starting to rack up minus points. Be wary.

I'm thinking Paul may be using a Pokemon we haven't seen to battle Ash. Now that he has all of his badges, he should be training for the League. And if we know him like we do, we can be expecting new Pokemon from his as that was his strategy against Ash. Using a perfect team to counter him.

yeminied

Get on it Juptoru!

Monferno should evolve in this episode

I am positively tickled pink!

Although I am a bit upset that, should Monferno evolve in this episode, it will be too early. It seems like yesterday that I was watching Chimchar's evolution in Japanese on YouTube and now he's (?) evolving again?

I do wonder why Monferno is evolving so quickly though, surely it could have waited a little longer, oh well, I just can't wait to see Infernape in the anime and to hear it's voive in English, woo hoo!

Grei

not the color
I'd rather see a Totodile with Paul, honestly. Ash isn't Oaking Buizel anytime soon, and Feraligatr fits Paul nicely.

I'm excited to see Infernape with Ash. I want to see it's Fighting side fleshed out--chances are, the best way to do that is to have it learn Flare Blitz AND Close Combat. I think, if it learned Flare Blitz, and then Close Combat from Staraptor (which would be cool in itself--one of Ash's Pokemon teaching one of it's teammates a move), it could combine the two moves together. That would be epic.

A Flare Blitz-Close Combat combination. yes.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
WHooop D. Whooop! DP164 - Evolution Frenzy! Dodaitosu, Togetic and Togekiss!

This thread is too crowded, so I though that after at least a day of being up on the boards, it would cool... So when I clicked last page, read down, and saw that there was already a page 18.. that's when threads are smoking hot xD

Infernape ! Oi! Oi!Oi!

Monferno going Naruto on us again??? fivetailed Kyuubi, or straight up nine??? When's the Yondaime going to appear?? Gokuzaru and Kyubi, seems like Pokemon wants to merge Dragonball, Naruto in with there franchise.. and really.. WHY NOT! XD

This will, be a funny episode, which will have nothing to do with the second contest episode, Dawn can still lose that, you've all read the summary, and you all have the gut feeling that spells doom for Dawn...

I feel like this episode, again a gut feeling, will probably be similar to ChimCharred, in the fact that Monferno does go loco, again. But I have a feeling that the context in which it does will be different. I like the Electivire idea, since those two pokemon do have a close bond, though not friendly'ish.

The thing that really amazes me, is that whenever there is an evolution, (sans Starly) Paul is there, no matter where he was only a couple of episodes before. As I recall.. wasn't Paul in Canalave just 7 episodes prior to this one? Truly astounding travelling speed!

As for the moveset and the Blast in the title...

Blast is a pretty darn large hint towards Blast Burn, and I'm not against it if it's used sparingly. Blast could also refer to.. well we've seen Chimcharred.. it exploded with fiery rage in that episode.. And he didn't even evolve.. Now it's happening again, and its stronger as a Monferno this time around, and it's evolving.. That monkey... is.. going... to... blow up like a zeppelin... I'm talking nuke style.. and it better have an awesome voice when the smoke clears (Looking at you dubbed-Grotle!)

As for the moveset:

Keep:
Flamethrower
Dig
Mach Punch
Flamewheel (If Flareblitz is just a fiery version of Volt Tackle (Infernape needs to spin for a good countershield, not charge)(if it's just a powered up version, I don't mind forgetting it).

What I'd like for it to learn:

Blast Burn (heavily implied by title and rivals with the other elemental hyperbeams)
Flare Blitz (if it's just going to upgrade flame wheel, why not.. )
Close Combat (Really.. an Infernape with this move is worthless)
Brick Break (somebody has to get it..)
Bulk Up (good move)(not probable though)
Double Team (YOU ALL KNOW what kind of THE DEVASTATION THIS MOVE CAN DO! :p )

There you go.. but the thing is.. with that many moves (I didn't include some of my favorites (Stone Edge, Taunt (the easy way of not letting Electibuzz/vire use Reflect) etc.)) With this many moves Infernape will have truly one of the largest movesets ever obtained in a single region. But when you look at it, they all seem kinda needed (talking about those first four.), nothing else will probably ever flash those moves because they're really Infernape'ish (well granted, I can see Rapidash pull a Flare Blitz on us, since it runs.. you know xD)

Monkey D. Gokuzaru !!! Evolving Kyuubistyle! Hmm.. can't think of a Bleachy reference.. ow right.. Paul got Kon'd!

Brave Birdy

I know there's no confirmation as to how far away Ash's battle with Volkner will be, but is it possible that Paul will stick around for a few more episodes to watch Ash's final gym battle?

J-boogie200

I'd rather see a Totodile with Paul, honestly. Ash isn't Oaking Buizel anytime soon, and Feraligatr fits Paul nicely.

But, didn't Torterra fit Paul nicely, yet Ash is getting one.

Today is a new day, this season is a new season.

It's time for the writer's to continue to change their old ways, and continue to step up.

If Totodile fully evolved, the Water Type curse would be broken, and it can be compared and give a run for its money to Squirtle, Buizel, and Corphish respectively.

I may be the only one who thinks this, but honestly, by fully evolving all of Ash's Johto Pokemon, they could potentially be his secret weapons, and considered to be apart of his strongest.

Just think about it, for all major 3 on 3 battles, Ash brings his dream team of Typhlosion, Feraligator, and Meganium.

That's my opinion.

I hope Infernape learns Flare Blitz and Blast Burn so bad! :)

I have a feeling its bound to learn one.

#1PokemonFan

Ash's fourth Pokemon evolving fighting Paul. Actually, all of his evolved Pokemon battled aganst Paul and evolved, two of them battling Honchkrow. Let's just hope is is a good evolution. It said that Ash would be in peril and Paul would save him. This could be one of the most danger-filled episodes yet!

Paul saving Ash that would be amazing, but why the change of heart?

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I know there's no confirmation as to how far away Ash's battle with Volkner will be, but is it possible that Paul will stick around for a few more episodes to watch Ash's final gym battle?

We all know how well that turned out with Roark, besides Paul has all of his badges by now he has no reason to watch Ash face Volkner.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
But, didn't Torterra fit Paul nicely, yet Ash is getting one. Makes no sense, Pauls Torterra fits Paul. Ash's will be a bit more gentle/friendlier

Today is a new day, this season is a new season. Japan doesn't have seasons

It's time for the writer's to continue to change their old ways, and continue to step up. Lol, wut? It's cool but wow, you're talking in proverbs bro!

If Totodile fully evolved, the Water Type curse would be broken, and it can be compared and give a run for its money to Squirtle, Buizel, and Corphish respectively. True, I can see a Feraligatr being a beast. Sad we didn't see one back in the JOHTO days... well, if it returns for a while, it will have better moves then it would've had back then

I may be the only one who thinks this, but honestly, by fully evolving all of Ash's Johto Pokemon, they could potentially be his secret weapons, and considered to be apart of his strongest. No way, out of the question

Just think about it, for all major 3 on 3 battles, Ash brings his dream team of Typhlosion, Feraligator, and Meganium. That's what you think his dreamteam should be? I grant you permission to speak only of the first two to be beastly, dreamteam material? No way.. haven't had the prepwork yet, nor will there be a chance to get to that point

That's my opinion. Everyone's entitled to one, but like you've said, some of your ideas are a bit farfetch'd

I hope Infernape learns Flare Blitz and Blast Burn so bad! :)

I have a feeling its bound to learn one. I think so as well, rather have BB over FB, but only used sparingly, WE AGREE! :D

My comments in bold

Ps. 10 point for the wicked rhymz at the end

ijea4444

The Johto starters were just regional, after a new generation starts up they lose value. Same thing with every region.

The only exception being Kanto starters, mostly because being the first pokemon, its hard to forget them. But also because Kanto keeps coming up every generation so it is easy for people to get pumped by them. Without new games, old pokemon aren't going to get very good screentime.

Status
Not open for further replies.