• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Dream World Abilities!!

Patri25

I created this thread for comment and discuss the dream world abilities and for ask you about this abilities in the wi-fi battles.
Yesterday i was fighting in the random matchup (3 vs 3) and my opponent has a excadrill with the ability Mold Breaker in the pokemon Black version. Also three days ago my opponenent has a ditto with the ability Imposter. Is that posible?Thanks

Bith Ditto and Excadrill are released with their Dream World abilities, your opponent was fine.

I don't mind leaving this open for general Dream World ability dicussion, but if you just have a simple question in the future, the Ask a Question thread would be the place to go.

philzone

Ready for trumpets
some pokemon get awesome ability DW abilities, eg

salamence- moxie+outrage is dangerous
blaziken- speed boost turned this to an uber.
politoed- drizzel brought a swift swim and drizzle ban
ninetails- drought lets it see the battle field more often
ditto- some of the best pokemon have one major counter- themselves, so then imposter ditto is one of the best revenge killers in the game.

Hopefully released

serperior- contray will give this thing its own super-powered sp att moxie when it uses leaf storm and contray.

locket

reis.
serperior- contray will give this thing its own super-powered sp att moxie when it uses leaf storm and contray.
no. serperior doesn't have contrary yet, and moxie does something completely different.
the issue i find with serperior is the lack of coverage which means that without that +6, there are pokémon with suitable typing and bulk to take leaf storms because grass simply doesn't have amazing coverage. leaf storm also faces the issue of having low pp. it's mostly the choice of hidden power that dictates what can or can't possibly take a hit and phaze or ko serperior. serperior at least has nice bulk and speed, and in the lower tiers i can see it being able to pull off an offensive subseed set if the team can be built around getting rid of things that can comfortably sponge leaf storm and serperior's hidden power of choice. leech seed itself can dissuade 'mons from staying in or can leave them in a nice range for ko.

Psycho Cut

Yes, Dragon Pulse did make Serperior significantly harder to take out.

However, it does still have only 75 Base SpA, so even with a +2 Boosts, there'll be plenty of things that can tank its attacks.

I think I would still rather use Sub / Leaf Storm / Leech Seed / HP Fire. Dragon Pulse doesn't really stop any dragons in a way that Leech Seed wouldn't, and Leech Seed lets you beat Blissey / Chansey / Heatran without much fear of Toxic / Twave / Fire Blast.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I think I would still rather use Sub / Leaf Storm / Leech Seed / HP Fire. Dragon Pulse doesn't really stop any dragons in a way that Leech Seed wouldn't, and Leech Seed lets you beat Blissey / Chansey / Heatran without much fear of Toxic / Twave / Fire Blast.

That is true, ran something like that in NU, and it did wonders for me, taking on stuff like Probopass and such. But Dragon Pulse was something I mentioned for a Choice Specs or Life Orb, but it doesn't have much else outside of Leaf Storm, HP Fire, and Dragon Pulse as its only good special attacks.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Still, there are those of us who play in-game and are too lazy for the perfect IVs.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Simple Swoobat is very good against other special Pokemon, it can set up the 2x Calm Mind and easily shrug off the attack, and with it's speed can Giga Drain the HP back, you usually only need 1 Calm Mind to start sweeping, Priority and Physical Attackers that hit you before you get your Calm Minds up are troublesome. It also can't switch in well, but if it comes in on a slower special attacker it can prep to wreck the place.

I currently run

Swoobat@Life Orb/Focus Sash
Timid
252 SpAtk, 252 Spe, 4 SpD
Calm Mind
Stored Power
Heat Wave/Air Slash
Giga Drain

Giga Drain is the form of Recovery, as after a Calm Mind the HP restored is about equal to Roost's recovery. After 1 Calm Mind, Stored Power has 100 BP wich plus STAB and the SpAtk boost can wipe the floor with anything.

Air Slash and Heat Wave I am unsure on, Heat Wave is ultimately better as it hits the Steel Types that would otherwise ruin your day. While Air Slash is a strong STAB with Flinchax.

locket

reis.
it's really a shame that swoobat is still frail even after +2. it won't take a solid neutral hit nicely. it's also prone to being revenge killed by just about any non-fighting priority. with that being said, swoobat is certainly high risk, high reward. you really need to handle faster threats and priority users (especially ones with sucker punch, but just dark types in general since they can stop a sweep after a successful setup).
i've actually seen one with substitute and salac berry, which is actually pretty nice because the speed boost gives it 40 bp to stored power and it just tries to boost as much as possible instead of wasting time with trying to roost. also with that speed, most scarfers can't do anything and the opponent is only left to use priority if his/her priority users aren't taken out by then. the only issue is the choice of coverage move, which piles on to the team support that swoobat already heavily requires.
screen support is really nice for swoobat because it can buffer a hit to the point where it can probably be brought to salac range with a calm mind or two under its belt.

Shinluxray348

The name is Luxray
I really like technician breloom. Bullet seed can easily break subs now and mach punch really appreciates the boost.

I really like technician breloom. Bullet seed can easily break subs now and mach punch really appreciates the boost.
Oh gosh yes. TechniLoom has already become popular in random matchup. Bullet Seed is now superior to Seed Bomb, as the lowest power it can potentially have is 75. Mach Punch bypasses Breloom's below-average speed and is the same power as Scizor's Bullet Punch, Low Sweep lowers speed, and Force Palm has a 30% chance to paralyze and is powerful.

Shadow Tag Chandelure will also be quite a threat if it switches in on a Pokemon that can't hurt it.

Durant has been doing wonders for me with Entrainment+Truant. First Durant faints then sends out Diglett. Next uses Memento on it and come Dugtrio. Last Protect+Hone Claws to victory^_^

Interesting, but isn't that against species clause?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

It is a team of 1 Durant, a Diglett, and a Dugtrio. When ST Chandelure comes, this can even be more dangerous. Plus it can allow me to do a "Memento Chain" while the opponent has Truant and use Memento on a sp sweeper though it is not necessary for Physical or Mixed Sweepers.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Well considering that a Dugtrio is essentially a group of 3 mature Diglett, your breaking species clause by using it in general. Aside from that no, Duranteater said he used a Diglett alongside his Dugtrio.

GreatGonzales

The Master
I get scared when I think about serperior. If you can net one kill, you really are just unstoppable. Serperior won't even need an offensive spread, just max speed. There are some other Pokemon that make me shudder. Venusaur, charizard, blaziken, (now über as philzone mentioned) but serperior, wow. It's gonna shoot into OU.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I get scared when I think about serperior. If you can net one kill, you really are just unstoppable. Serperior won't even need an offensive spread, just max speed. There are some other Pokemon that make me shudder. Venusaur, charizard, blaziken, (now über as philzone mentioned) but serperior, wow. It's gonna shoot into OU.

Even at +2 Volcarona kills it as well as others like Ferrothorn, Blissey, Heatran, and others. To me, it doesn't look OU material, maybe RU