• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Dream World Discussion Thread - Read the FAQ in the first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
Reached the ocean and found my self several aquatic pokemon ended up settling on the female Magicarp w/ bounce as It was female (what is the point of sleep talk on a hydration barbooch? after all if it uses rest while raining wouldn't it wake up immediately?(game freak must not have been thinking...)

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
Got a Leaf Blade Farfetch'd today, watered a bunch of gardens, and I just past 5000 points. I must have bad luck though, have never got out of Pleasant Forest.

that sucks... the game still sends me there like 90% of the time but... ouch.(I guess when you finally reach 10000 points and can start to find the legendary DW poliwag and vulpix of the forest it will probably let you go to the other areas...) that is if your luck is really that bad...

ShinyGoogleplex

Guess who!?
I played DW* a couple times now and don't think I'll break my neck to play it all of the time, not too, too impressive. But when I am on look out for me BryanBrown with my dreaming Liligant (AKA JudyGarlnd**).

*Any Disney Afternoon Block or Carl Barks fans remember the animated DarkWing Duck, voiced by Jim Cummings? DW reminds me of the old channel ToonDisney in 1999!

**Comments on the nickname I bestowed it?

Ludi-Kero!

Hugging 'til the end
Snowyarticuno said:
Just got done with a pretty good session of DW (berries and watering and female Zubat oh my), but....
Well I'm noticing a discretion between points earned.
I started off the session today with 4000 points. Keeping track of my points based on what we know (>30,000 points = 30, harvesting = 10 points, watering others = 10 points, choosing Pokemon to send = 50 points), I should have +700 or so.
However, after waking up my Pokemon I found that I only had 4480 points. I'll keep checking in case it wasn't done tallying up the total points, but I find this odd.

For reference, I harvested 6 berry trees (60 points), watered 11 friends (110) and sent over the Pokemon (50), as well as doing a few trades but that's always iffy at best.
Now. I also won 16 games with a score of 30k or more which would come out to be...480 points.
Hmmmmm
Well, a nice member of another forum has been researching about the points obtained in the Dream World. This is what was found:

Thank you very much! I still don't have a full set of data for knowing certain things, but after today's run, I can say without a doubt that Serebii's Dream Point/action chart is definitely wrong.

Things I can confirm so far:

* Watering a neighbor's berries DOES award 10 Dream Points per berry watered.
* Watering your own berries DOES NOT award any Dream Points. So do your Dream Pals a favor and leave your berries unwatered unless they REALLY need it, so they can actually get Dream Points out of it!
* Harvesting berries DOES NOT award ANY Dream Points whatsoever, so unfortunately a full crop of Oran Berries isn't going to let you unlock more areas or Pokémon any faster.
* Succeeding at any mini-game awards 20 Dream Points. It's not based on how well or how poorly you score, and different games don't award different amounts of Dream Points. It is always 20.
* Conversely, failing at any mini-game does not give you any Dream Points as a consolation; you DO NOT earn ANY Dream Points from failing.
* If you have earned 0-90 Dream Points in your current session, your Pokémon will have an ellipsis as its mouseover icon. If you have earned 100-190 Dream Points in your current session, your Pokémon will have a ^_^ emoticon as its mouseover icon. If you have earned 200 Dream Points or greater in your current session, your Pokémon will have a music note as its mouseover icon. Though I'm still testing this, I believe the music note will stay the Pokémon's mouseover icon until you reach 500 Dream Points earned in your current session. I believe it is at this point that the mouseover icon becomes a heart, and is therefore indicative that the Pokémon will gain a level upon being woken up (since 500 Dream Points in a single session will cause a Pokémon to level up).

So... going by that...

*11 berries watered: 110 points.
*Sending over a Pokémon: 50 points.
*16 games: 16x20= 320 points.

Total: 480 points.

You had 4,000 + 480 obtained... 4,800. I guess the point chart is wrong after all.

Today was my first time accessing Windswept Sky and luckily, I was able to visit it 4 times ^.^ I also found like 2 Kelpsy Berries, 1 Pomeg and 1 Hondew! I guess being separated from a Female Regenerator Tangela or a Female Inmunity Gligar for another day isn't that bad...

Serebii!

Diglett appeared at the Garden again and gave me a 4th flower bed. I haven't chose to send a Pokemon in a while because I can't sync my game, but today I did and I had 9 pages of Pokemon to send, I sent a Shinx with the move Night Slash

Okay, I came into the Dream World just now, unlocked Windswept Sky, and NO Pokemon or items are showing up anywhere in either area. Anyone have any advice? :/

Klinny

Skitty Chaser
Okay, I came into the Dream World just now, unlocked Windswept Sky, and NO Pokemon or items are showing up anywhere in either area. Anyone have any advice? :/

Did you go through the Pleasant Forest a few times before unlocking Windswept Sky?

It seems that after a few run-throughs the Pokemon and items will stop appearing, at which point you'll have to wait until tomorrow to find more Pokemon.

Did you go through the Pleasant Forest a few times before unlocking Windswept Sky?

It seems that after a few run-throughs the Pokemon and items will stop appearing, at which point you'll have to wait until tomorrow to find more Pokemon.

Nope, it was immediately after starting the game D:

silicon

Swordsman
Nope, it was immediately after starting the game D:

Did you get sent to the forest and immediately cancel at all? Because doing so will count as runs as well.

It's also entirely possible that you just got extremely unlucky. I know I've had a couple runs where I ran into like one thing before the tree, so I gather that it would be possible to go through a run without seeing anything. I suppose it would even be possible to have all blank runs, though I would guess that it would be highly unlikely to happen.

Profesco

gone gently
I haven't chose to send a Pokemon in a while because I can't sync my game, but today I did and I had 9 pages of Pokemon to send, I sent a Shinx with the move Night Slash

Hm, now this is interesting. It's been said before that Pokemon you find one day don't carry over to the next day's trip. Meaning we shouldn't be able to see or choose to bring back Pokemon we didn't find on the current trip we're on. I could've sworn I was able to before, though, and now we have another account of it happening.

If you do not bring back any Pokemon you find during your trip to the DW, maybe only then will those Pokemon remain available for you on your next trip in. In other words, if you choose to bring back a Pokemon for that day, all of the others you found will be lost. Is that the way it works?

Perhaps Ludi-Kero's researching acquaintance would know. :p

R_N

Well, a nice member of another forum has been researching about the points obtained in the Dream World. This is what was found:

So... going by that...

*11 berries watered: 110 points.
*Sending over a Pokémon: 50 points.
*16 games: 16x20= 320 points.

Total: 480 points.

You had 4,000 + 480 obtained... 4,800. I guess the point chart is wrong after all.
This is actually really helpful and interesting. I wonder if it's just a recent change, or something that's just been mis-interpreted since the start.

Arande

Yeah, I can confirm that's how it is. The pokes you can send back reset when you do send one. Not sending one back lets them carry over.

cantab

Went through areas several times, played all the mini-games, got myself a female Immunity Gligar :) Now at 3990 Dream Points.

silicon

Swordsman
Went through areas several times, played all the mini-games, got myself a female Immunity Gligar :) Now at 3990 Dream Points.

I hate you. J/k Grats. All the gligar I have found have been male :/. At least I've gotten a full set of EV berries between my accounts now. Though my Sawk on my black account apparently doesn't like to go swimming or something. It has yet to go to the sea, despite being able to for half of yesterday's trip and all of today's.

Grassmen

Novice Breeder
Is anyone else still getting the tutorial every time they enter the Dream World? I don't know how/if I can disable it...

I seem to be gaining points really slowly. I'm on around 1500 now (I have two accounts, one for each game, both around the same). Probably because I was skipping playing the games unless it was for a specific Pokemon I wanted, and because I haven't been watering any berries :p

Edit: Just tried to get onto my Black, but it says my Game Sync has been used up today, even though I haven't used it at all. Ummm, what?

Last edited:

pink

Pink Trainer
Was a good day in the DW :D i got quite a few females: Bidoof, Magikarp, Murkrow, Poochyena, decided to keep the Magikarp since people seems to like Moxie Gyarados xD~ Also got another 2 EV berries, just the speed one is left :D

Current Points: 5760

Have a good DW day!

Shark

Advanced tier
somone knows when can i receive eevee's evolution form?

Wardek

U & I
somone knows when can i receive eevee's evolution form?

Read the first post of the topic. >______>

Pink sneasel said:
A lot of people have been asking this, so I'll say it here for everyone convienence. The Eeveelutions from the pokemon website mini game are not available to download from the Dream World site yet. The game will continute until around May 5, when the game promotion ends and the eeveelutions can be obtained.

Status
Not open for further replies.