• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Dream World Discussion Thread - Read the FAQ in the first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Huh. I just now noticed that the Dream World artwork for the new Isshu Pokemon looks a LOT like the Pokemon Center artwork that the older Pokemon got. I think there are some examples of it in the Edit Avatar section of the User CP. It would be really cool if that were the case since the Pokemon Center artwork is some of my favorite out there. Anyway, my brother had recently found a Sentret and now he's found a Poochyena and a Bellsprout too. I have no idea how to work the Dream World but he does apparently. I see no real use in it though, since most of those Pokemon can be found in B/W or gotten via PokeShift (even though it's the devil).

Do you mean like the Pokémon Center stores? Do you know of any pictures of them? I'd like to see them. I could get a better idea of who drew these.

(Now that I think of it, it can't be Kanako Eo because she draws almost exclusively with thick outlines. It may be Atsuko Nishida, who has been designing Pokémon since the 2nd generation.)

R_N

The 4th gen Pokemon Center artwork are avatars here. I believe all of them should be up, even.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Oh wow, they DO look remarkably like these. Looking at the ones for Plusle and Minun, I strongly suspect that it's Sumiyoshi Kizuki who's been drawing them.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Oh wow, they DO look remarkably like these. Looking at the ones for Plusle and Minun, I strongly suspect that it's Sumiyoshi Kizuki who's been drawing them.

Looks like you found them haha. I adore the Pokemon Center artwork and I just sort of noticed that the Dream World artwork looks similar; at least the artwork for the new Pokemon does. I've seen some of the older Pokemon's DW art and it looks like the generic representation of Pokemon in most other media like the anime. I'm just sort of using the Dream World art since we won't have the Ken Sugimori art until next month :c

Umm, well, yes, because it's not October 20th yet. ^^;;;

If you created your PGL account using your Daisuki login ID number, then they are already linked. In fact, you're probably logging into the PGL using your Daisuki login already. No need to worry about linking them.

Pokemon Pia event. If you purchased a copy of Pokemon Pia, there's a code found in the magazine that allows you to get a Kanto starter through the Dream World. It's the same magazine that also comes with the Pikachu earphones. ^^v

...Oh. I knew we would get them only on the 20th, but I thought we could sync the accounts already >__> Thanks.

Well, me and my brother have both run into an annoying glitch with the Dream World.

(...)

The same thing happened with me yesterday. I guess I'll start bringing my pokémon back from DW only fifteen minutes later, then. Actually, I *think* the DW site says something about it, "wait a little before sending then back otherwise you'll be screwed".

Lorde

Is there a link to where I could find the Dream World artwork for all of the Pokemon?

Probably not, as people haven't been able to gather it all. There's some posted around this thread as you may have noticed, but we are still missing the majority of the Dream World artwork. I think it'll be a while until it's all organized :s

Last edited:

Rakurai

There's also the fact that isn't even Dream World artwork for all of the Pokemon yet, as well.

It kind of looks as though the fifth gen Pokemon are the only ones that suffer from this, seeing as none of the dozens of old Pokemon I've gathered can't be sent over.

Sabonea_Masukippa

yabuku.png

Isn't that the cutest little thing you ever did see?? Also, I'm fairly certain I couldn't upload him 1-2 days ago, so the new ones are slowly being added, apparently.

Also:

lots.png

Last edited:

Araleon

Chill
yabuku.png

Isn't that the cutest little thing you ever did see?? Also, I'm fairly certain I couldn't upload him 1-2 days ago, so the new ones are slowly being added, apparently.

Also:

lots.png

Does this mean Washibon is in the Flying Area?

RedMage23

The Red Mage
Smugleaf looks a little more humbled in the Dream World... maybe he has complex personal issues.

Sabonea_Masukippa

Does this mean Washibon is in the Flying Area?

No, that was at the Tree at the end of the 10 steps, you get shown a selection of other people's sleeping Pokemon. All the ones from that big image were pokemon others had put to sleep, including Washibon.

Arande

About the "not sending our befriended pokemon over" A) is it still on your board as befriended? and B) When you were done, did you push the power button? you HAVE to push the power button to get your DW pokes, or any items you chose to send over.

Be sure youa re done however, as pushing the button does remove your poke from DW.

reaper-warrior

Hoenn Champion
Does anyone know if you can catch starters in the dream world? if you can, nintendo gave smugleaf a ingame "no hacking"hack
leaf storm+DW ability(don't know ability name)=sp.att rise each time you use it!

zogu

Does anyone know if you can catch starters in the dream world? if you can, nintendo gave smugleaf a ingame "no hacking"hack
leaf storm+DW ability(don't know ability name)=sp.att rise each time you use it!

You can. But you need to buy Pokemon-related merchandise to get a random code to use in the Dream World for them to appear.
So far, the Kanto and Sinnoh starters are released by buying Pokemon Pia and the TCG respectively. For Tsutaja, probably not, since apparently, there's no overworld sprite for it in the High-Link Forest...

Lorde

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/1109/yabuku.png

Also:

lots.png

Wow, Yabakuron actually looks good instead of horribly depressing as I've come to recognize. I'm interested in it's arms; I hadn't noticed that they were composed of garbage or vomit or whatever that's supposed to be. Nice touch there. I dislike Victini's Dream World artwork since it just looks creepy, as usual. Ononokusu's is just average. Washibon though, looks cute! I thought it's sprite was creepy but the Dream World artwork makes it look like a cuddly little bird Pokemon :3

Rakurai

About the "not sending our befriended pokemon over" A) is it still on your board as befriended? and B) When you were done, did you push the power button? you HAVE to push the power button to get your DW pokes, or any items you chose to send over.

Be sure youa re done however, as pushing the button does remove your poke from DW.

The Pokemon is still on the board as befriended, and I pushed the power button.

I'm assuming it was just caused by me using the Game Sync to receive the data almost the instant after I exited the Dream World, as that was the only thing I did differently from my last three suvcessful Dream World visits, and my brother did the same thing.

Will wait a good 20 minutes or so before transferring my Pokemon back from now on, just to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.