• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Dream World Discussion Thread - Read the FAQ in the first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakurai

Well, I figured out how to solve my dream world woes, I believe, and that's simply to not use the game sync until the newly befriended Pokemon shows up on my profile page.

Also, I learned that going to the house of a friend and doing things there indeed gives you Dream Points, as I was hoping it would. Not sure if you actually have to take some sort of action like trading for an item on their shelf or watering their berries to get them, but I got 70 after I went in my brother's house, and watered two of his berry plants.

That said, anyone feel like exchanging friend codes for the purpose of getting additional points?

nekoakuma

Event Hunter
Has anyone else noticed that in the 'find the x' minigame the pokemon is almost always 1-3 steps away from where you find the berry?

yeah, it's explained in the game. you can press the "listen" button to try listen out for it as well.

BLUE-MEW

What is existence?
im stuck in the tutorial thing, can somone please explain how to get into the dream world?
It will be much appreciated, and i have my Articuno ready to go in, asleep, but it wont leave my DS for some reason, ok, ill stop ranting now xP

ryodragonite

Aura Fist
im stuck in the tutorial thing, can somone please explain how to get into the dream world?
It will be much appreciated, and i have my Articuno ready to go in, asleep, but it wont leave my DS for some reason, ok, ill stop ranting now xP

Yeah I dont understand that either. My connection and everything is good and my kibago is sleeping in the bed but when im on the website it just shows that black do not pass screen. I tried going to Makomo too.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I know this is off topic, but I wanted to express something about the Dream World that I've seen slip by. So far, from what's been posted on Serebii's main page in the last two days, the Pokemon that get "special" Dream World moves are Pokemon that have had the moves before in the 4th Gen through breeding, TMs, or move tutors. Also, the moves they've received through the Dream World aren't as competitively useful as moves they could have received, nor are they that difficult to receive by other, simpler methods.

For example; it's been years since Oddish has received Leech Seed. It just got Teeter Dance in HGSS! Who cares about confusion when you can make Vileplume and Bellosom bulkier and even more annoying. That would be an example of a special move.

Bellsprout with Heal Bell and Acid Bomb, Shiftry with Leaf Blade, Rhyhorn with Head Smash, do you see what I'm saying? Every Regi has Explosion access accept for the one that truly deserves it; Why not Regigigas? A game breaking Aerodactyl complete with Brave Bird and Head Smash, it wouldn't even need another move! (Maybe Earthquake) By the way, Vespiquen still does not receive Poison Jab, even though it gets Poison Sting among other Poison-type moves. And I'm sure by now you've noticed that the Clefairy-line still cannot breed Double-Edge on while the Jigglypuff-line learns Double-Edge naturally, and gets Wild Bolt! This is just plain Game Freak extortion!

Sorry to rant, but I just really hoped that the Dream World would provide us with even more move access.

Slowemperor

Villain in training
What is required to get the Isshu starters from the Dream World?

Arande

Checked my friends list, and I have 7 unconfirmed friends on my list for some reason. I know 2 of em are people I actually know, but do not have GL accounts yet. Is it possible people you trade with over the GTS negotiation will appear on your list? Only reason i can give that random people are appearing.

edit: Hmmm, need a page with what berries you need for each piece of furniture. Really wish I knew Japanese.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they'll just recycle the Dream World artwork and use it as the Pokemon Center artwork as well. I love Churine and Doreida by-far! I have my own Doreida and despite it being weaker in battle than my other Pokemon, it still has wicked appeal. I'm seeing Kaburumo's evolved form and it looks odd, as usual. Emonga ate my heart, he ate my heart out! Rankurusu looks good too; I love the dark green coloration, it makes it stand-out more.

Arande

If it'll help to some users, I have recorded myself explaining about the things inside Dream World here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iW3_wQChDc

The shelves you put items on let you trade with your friends basically. When they visit your house, they can freely switch any items you have on the shelves with items of their own.

And just to add something, friends can also water your berries for you, given they actually need watered.

And that berry you don't know is a wacan berry :p (the halve a SE electric attack one)

guitalex

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they'll just recycle the Dream World artwork and use it as the Pokemon Center artwork as well. I love Churine and Doreida by-far! I have my own Doreida and despite it being weaker in battle than my other Pokemon, it still has wicked appeal. I'm seeing Kaburumo's evolved form and it looks odd, as usual. Emonga ate my heart, he ate my heart out! Rankurusu looks good too; I love the dark green coloration, it makes it stand-out more.
I'm curious to know which Pokemon you're comparing her to.

My Doreida has Butterfly Dance, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed and Petal Dance, with Own Tempo so she never gets confused from it. Considering also that Petal Dance is now just as powerful as Outrage, she does consistently more damage in fewer turns than most of my other Pokemon.

1) Sleep Powder
2) Butterfly Dance
3) Die

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
The garbage bag Pokémon's arms have burst out of the garbage bag. Interesting. So that means the garbage came to life, but not the bag. Also, does Glaceon have blue eyes with white pupils? The card illustrations often have it as just the shine, but they're placed pretty oddly in this.

That's a very interesting and effective way to use Doredia. I'm wondering what uses I can have with her for non-single battling, since she is adorable. She looks somewhat different from her sprite too. Her head is bigger, her eyes are droopier, and the collar is of a different shape. Of course, I still can't hlep but see a sad face on the red petals at the top.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Everything but Pururill.

Yeah, more Dream World artwork! I just noticed that there are indeed some Pokemon in there from the Pokemon Center artwork so I was right about something for once. I have to say; I am glad that the Dream World Pokemon got special artwork like this. Somehow, the Ken Sugimori artwork would have felt too stiff for the fun-and-exciting Dream World. I love Darumakka's and Mamanbou's right from the start :)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Yeah, more Dream World artwork! I just noticed that there are indeed some Pokemon in there from the Pokemon Center artwork so I was right about something for once. I have to say; I am glad that the Dream World Pokemon got special artwork like this. Somehow, the Ken Sugimori artwork would have felt too stiff for the fun-and-exciting Dream World. I love Darumakka's and Mamanbou's right from the start :)

So does this mean Isshu pokemon ARE catchable in the dream world

Status
Not open for further replies.