1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Dream World Discussion Thread - Read the FAQ in the first post!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by Pink sneasel, Oct 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joezx

joezx Member

Hello guys, I have a question...Is the new dream world area (Icy cave) available yet? or is only available for Japan, Black and white 2? because I keep entering and entering, and it keeps sending me to the old areas....

2. varanus_komodoensis

varanus_komodoensis they call me Varanus

I also think that Gible is a post-10,000 point Pokemon.

If you already took home a Pokemon from the Tree of Dreams using the Pokemon that you have tucked in, and you never woke it up, your Island will be dry until you wake it up. Even if that's not the case, try waking up your Pokemon and putting another one to sleep. Someone else had this problem as well, and waking up their Pokemon solved the problem; it may be some kind of glitch.

Okay. I'm going to say this again. Yes, the Icy Cave is available for regular B/W. There is a gimmick in the updated DW where the typing of the Pokemon you tuck in influences which areas you are sent to. Here is what Psychic Politoed and I have worked out so far, with a lot of help from the users here, Serebii.net, and the Smogon forums:

Each Pokemon type and where they send you:

Pleasant Forest: Grass, Electric, Poison, Bug
    Rugged Mountain: Fire, Rock, Ground
    Spooky Manor: Psychic, Ghost, Dark
    Sparkling Sea: Water
    Icy Cave: Ice
    Windswept Sky: Flying
    No preference: Dragon, Normal
    Not Tested: Fighting, Steel

Dual types will take you equally to both preferred places. For example, Gengar, which is Ghost and Poison, will take you 50% of the time to the Manor and 50% of the time to the Forest.

We do not yet know what happens if you have a dual No Preference/Preference type, such as Dragon/Dark (Hydregion) or Normal/Flying (Pidgeot, etc.).

If you want to go to the Icy Cave, tuck in a pure Ice-type, like Beartic or Glaceon.

3. GameMaster0000

GameMaster0000 Chaos Nightmare

Oh man that why I Go to sky manytime with dodio.

4. Chimecho3000

Chimecho3000 Well-Known Member

Yes! Found a Sweet Heart on a shelf. :)

5. joezx

joezx Member

Thanks man, I always put Totodile or Feraligatr to sleep and send them to the dream world. I didn't read your last post, so I ask. Thanks again man, now I know what to do.....

6. rovert

rovert Exploding Biscuits!!

That typing information is really helpful and explains why I got sent to the rugged mountain so many times with sandshrew tucked in xD

7. doodlecloud

doodlecloud Shiny Hunter

Dammit, just tucked in a Ponyta, now I'm going to have to go to the Rugged Mountain....my least favourite place. For some reason I kinda forgot it was a fire pokemon, was thinking more 'Ponyta = Pleasant Forest' because that's where you can befriend them.....

EDIT: Well I ended up going to these areas:

Windswept Sky x2
    Rugged Mountain x3
    Spooky Manor x1
    Icy Cave x2

Is the idea that fire = rugged mountain speculation or official? Because this makes it seem more like a neutral....or maybe I just got lucky. : )

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  8. Aegon

Aegon Well-Known Member

I had a disappointing Dream World session again today. I didn't run into any Swinub, so took home a Moonlight Lunatone. I hope I encounter a Swinub soon.

9. Shine

Shine Psyched Up Staff Member Moderator

If I recall correctly, it's still a chance, you have high chance to visit the "intended" areas, and small chance to visit other areas.

In other words, technically you're just being unlucky, not lucky :p

Besides, you visited the Mountain 3 times, more than the other areas.

10. GameMaster0000

GameMaster0000 Chaos Nightmare

Just test today with Momoswine.

Icy Cave x5
    Sea x1
    Forest x2

Look like it is work but never go mountain.

11. Dragalge

Dragalge Leaked footage

Used a Hydreigon, 2x spooky manor and 2x Rugged Mountain, don't which one I go to more.

12. 2rsa

2rsa Shiny Hunter

Since i haven't been to DW for a long time,DW took almost an hour to load.=_=
    Good news is the only pokemon i could play with was a female Cranidos.Bad news is that i can't meet her in entralink till my next DW session.^-^;

13. rykerr1

rykerr1 The Great Gublet

I sent a Blitzle to the DW today, went to the mountain once, the sea once, and the ice cave twice. I ended up with two females, Slugma and Gible, and ended up taking Gible.

14. TopDecking Shinobi

TopDecking Shinobi Well-Known Member

So when are we getting the Keldeo skin? They said it'd be available from the 23rd to sometime in July, and it's still not on the Global Link.

15. FullmetalPikachu

FullmetalPikachu The drawing Pikachu

Today, I tucked my Cubone in so that I could go to the Rugged Mountain to find a Trapinch, because I really want Flygon. But I didn't find a Trapinch at all, but I did find a female Bagon, and while I have a Bagon already, it was the only interesting one to befriend, so I took it, lol. I'm going to try tomorrow for a Trapinch :)

16. varanus_komodoensis

varanus_komodoensis they call me Varanus

The fact that Fire=Rugged Mountain is speculation. We're still working out which types go where which is why we need to know where Serebii users are being sent! It is possible that Fire = no preference. We'll have to see more Fire-types tucked in before we know for sure.

Thanks for doing that! The Dark typing in Hydreigon definitely sent you to the Manor. The Dragon type might just give you the other 50% as random (and you just got the Mountain twice), but Dragon could also = Mountain and we just aren't aware of that yet. We'll have to see more Dragon-types tucked in.

This is interesting because it was Smogon who said that Electric = Forest. Electric might actually be no preference.

17. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

last night I tucked in Beartic and went to Icy Cave 6 times. No other area.... I'll see what tonight brings me later.

18. jabs4

jabs4 Well-Known Member

Sent Cryogonal in today.

2 - Spooky Manor
    2 - Icy Cave
    1 - Sparkling Sea
    1 - Pleasant Forest

Meh

19. shrek

shrek Member

I can see the trend here myself, as I tucked it a Vanillite and went to Icy Cave 5 times and Manor once.
    All in all......good times

20. Crimson Penguin

Crimson Penguin Marchin' on

I've found that Ground-types seem to take you to the Icy Cave more than the Rugged Mountain. Yesterday, I tucked in Torterra, and it was pretty evenly split between Pleasant Forest and Icy Cave; and today I tucked in Mamoswine and went to the cave 5/6 times, with one time being Sparkling Sea. So if you really want to go to Icy Cave, try tucking in Swinub or its evolutions. Worked for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.