• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Dream World Discussion Thread - Read the FAQ in the first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I went on the Dream World yesterday and I had a decent session. I planted more berries when I arrived at my island, and then I went to water other people's berries just to get some more points. I added some new Dream Pals, then I went back to my house and I redecorated a bit. I went to the Island of Dreams afterwards and I visited the Dream Park and Sparkling Sea areas a couple of times each and I befriended nine Pokemon in total. I kept a female Plusle since I didn't have one of those, and I signed off after that adventure.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Did it take you ages before getting a female? The first Combee I encountered was a female with Air Cutter lol.

yeah, it took me ages XD

Funnily enough, I also met my first female Wurmple in DW, on the same day as that female Combee. But it's on my B2 account, so I can pick the female Wurmple as well.

Two female bugs in one day, and both are the first female of their species that I encountered XD

Ignacio

Well, don't know if this is the correct thread to post, but I like to add some friends with Pal Pad so I can have more points in the DW.
My FC is in my signature, just let me know :)

Vaprrenon

Okay, derp question that I didn't see addressed on the main page (I may have missed it...I tend to suck at finding things like that).

Do you have to interact with/affirm a friend in some way after their ID is in your PalPad in order for their Dream World house and such to show up for you? I added my boyfriend's friend code earlier today, then tucked in my pokemon, and now that I'm in the Dream World I can't see his house or anything on my map (he does have a Dream World account), nor can I interact with his name at all on the website's list of people you've traded with (all that jazz before you enter the dream world; I can't even "EZ Mail" him or anything). Is there something I need to do before I can interact with his stuff at all?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Do you have to interact with/affirm a friend in some way after their ID is in your PalPad in order for their Dream World house and such to show up for you? I added my boyfriend's friend code earlier today, then tucked in my pokemon, and now that I'm in the Dream World I can't see his house or anything on my map (he does have a Dream World account), nor can I interact with his name at all on the website's list of people you've traded with (all that jazz before you enter the dream world; I can't even "EZ Mail" him or anything). Is there something I need to do before I can interact with his stuff at all?

Yep, both of you have to "confirm" each other's FC first. Just do a simple trade with him (like a Bidoof for a Bidoof, for example). That should be enough.

Ignacio

Okay, derp question that I didn't see addressed on the main page (I may have missed it...I tend to suck at finding things like that).

He has to add your FC too, I think... BTW would you like to exchange FC with me? :)

I read the FAQ and I couldn't find the answer there. I have been trying to up my chances of catching a female Bagon. Is there anything I can do to boost the odds in my favor? I have over 10,000 points but it keeps sending me to everything BUT the rugged mountain area. Also is there still a limit on how many Pokemon you can bring back from the dream world? I read 50 and am concerned because both game packs I own are at about that number caught. sorry if these are derpy questions, I just honestly don't know.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I went on the Dream World on Black version a couple days ago and I visited the Dream Park and Icy Cave areas. Unfortunately, I already owned all of the Pokemon that I befriended, so I ended up keeping a male Gulpin at the Tree of Dreams. I went to my garden to plant some more Spelon, Nomel, Pecha, Leppa, Cheri, Custap and Jaboca Berries and then I watered my Dream Pals' berries for points after visiting their islands. I took some time to decorate my home with some of the new Pokemon Dolls, then I signed off.

manniezmoll

I'm a girl, dangit!
I read the FAQ and I couldn't find the answer there. I have been trying to up my chances of catching a female Bagon. Is there anything I can do to boost the odds in my favor? I have over 10,000 points but it keeps sending me to everything BUT the rugged mountain area. Also is there still a limit on how many Pokemon you can bring back from the dream world? I read 50 and am concerned because both game packs I own are at about that number caught. sorry if these are derpy questions, I just honestly don't know.

if you didn't know, there was an update that gave preference to certain areas when you put different types to sleep. to get to the mountain more often (not all the time) put a fire, fighting, ground, rock, or steel type to sleep. there's no way to force female bagons to show up more often, that still random. there is no longer a limit to how many pokemon you can bring back from the DW, other than the one per day thing...i've personally brought back over 300 on my White file & over 100 on my White 2 file.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
so.....some noteworthy stuffs when I used my Black yesterday and today

luckyegg_zpsfb3b64c7.jpg

Apparently the last ball gets popped just a milisecond after the time ends, so the additional ball and score didn't get registered ~.~

waterscore_zps18b55d52.jpg

For unknown reason, this player's Roselia has no nickname at all. Even if the owner didn't nickname it, the nickname slot should still display its original name (Roselia)......

nonickname1_zps1618398c.jpg

nonickname2_zps0dc8aefb.jpg

nonickname3_zps02d122fd.jpg

danburite3

SIGH.

I decided that I wanted a Luxray with Guts. Dumb idea. I've now remembered why I hate the Dream World. It's slow as hell (they're called servers, Nintendo. Buy some kthxbye), there's no direct link from the homepage to the island of dreams (which is the only reason anyone would load this site in the first place), and Fennel insists on going through her tutorial. ON EVERY. SINGLE. PAGE.

Did I mention SIGH?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Fennel will give you the tutorial only if you have at least one of the following things:

- You are using the DW for the first time
- You erased the cookies (Fennel's tutorials are cookies-based)
- You are logging in from a different computer that never has the cookies (therefore this is counted as using the DW for the first time)

danburite3

Fennel will give you the tutorial only if you have at least one of the following things:

- You are using the DW for the first time
- You erased the cookies (Fennel's tutorials are cookies-based)
- You are logging in from a different computer that never has the cookies (therefore this is counted as using the DW for the first time)

Used the DW before, and am using the same laptop as always. I think Firefox may automatically delete cookies after some time, but don't quote me on that.

At any rate, it's infuriating. :)

Chimecho3000

so.....some noteworthy stuffs when I used my Black yesterday and today

Yeah I've had the Wailord ball thing happen to me once too. And yeah, that Roselia guy visited me as well lol.

Mokka

Hi, i'm quite new to the 5th gen and its dreamworld abilities etc, so i'm wondering if it's possible to tuck in mamoswine with the ability oblivious or snow cloak and get thick fat instead? or is it just an ability obtainable in an old event?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Hi, i'm quite new to the 5th gen and its dreamworld abilities etc, so i'm wondering if it's possible to tuck in mamoswine with the ability oblivious or snow cloak and get thick fat instead? or is it just an ability obtainable in an old event?

the ability of the Pokemon you are tucking in won't change.

However, tucking in an Ice-Type is a great idea, since it will make you visit Icy Cave more often, and Swinub is available in Icy Cave.

But don't tuck in Mamoswine, as it is part Ground, which gives you a decent chance that you'll visit Rugged Mountain instead. Tuck in a pure Ice-Type, like Cubchoo or Snorunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.