• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Dream World Discussion Thread - Read the FAQ in the first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sutafairu

There's also a 'No Miss Bonus' in the Wailord game. If you play through the whole game without having any of the Pokemon drop into the water, you get an extra 10000 points.

That metre on the right hand side is what determines the ball multiplier. To start with, if you hit the ball that matches your Pokemon, you get 300 points. Any Pokemon hitting any ball will count towards increasing the ball multiplier. Each time that you hit a specific colour of ball 5 times, it will increase your ball multiplier. However, if one of your Pokemon drops into the water, the multiplier drops back down to 1.

I cannot remember if this has been mentioned here about the search game, but the missing berry is found in the sparkly. From the sparkly, the missing Pokemon is usually within 1 or 2 areas from the berry. At least, that's what I have found. Oh yes, and I have a female Sunkern with Earth Power. I scored 47500 in the search game. ^^

With the ice cream game, if you make the balls of ice cream the same size as that picture on the right hand side of the screen, you'll see the 'heart' score increase. This gives you a multiplier, to a maximum of 2. If you evenly distribute the colours of ice cream, you get another multiplier to a maximum of 2. Your score is determined by the height of your ice cream tower, and those two multipliers.

Pink sneasel

Double Trouble Time
I thought that was a typo on serebii's part! I thought surely he meant nature power and not earth power. Just goes to show that nintendo is making the weakest pokemon stat wise into something rare and special again...

Man, the kid from the scoop video is uber leet! And I don't say that often. I'll definitely try that technique out tomorrow.

R_N

I found the most random thing ever. It's a male Sunkern with Earth Power. All I remember is doing really well on the minigame.

I think Serebii might have a tougher time now updating egg moves, since Sunkern and Sunflora can breed with Turtwig, and Earth Power is an egg move for it. Which means they might need to add a section to the breeding called "Parents from the Dream World", as Sunkern/Sunflora can't actually learn Earth Power in any way... not an Egg Move, not a Move Tutor, not a TM, not an HM, in any generation.
Sunflora could get Earth Power from the HGSS move tutor, specifically.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
On top of that, Sunflora was undoubtedly the best Pokémon to use over the Pokéthlon in HeartGold/SoulSilver: It's the only Pokémon that can potentially reach 5 stars in any stat, allowing you to dominate the event of your choice.

Much like how Farfetch'd, through its level-up moves alone, can win any Pokémon Super Contest in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.

Thank for the response. This makes me think that the artist who drew Kingler has some sort of Kingler's fetist or he/she just messed up the scale. But still fantastic job. The dream world arts actually give clearer detail on the Pokemon than the Sugimori's arts.

Or it may be that the artist has an easier time drawing Kingler if he or she draws really big. That does happen sometimes--some designs are easier small and some big, and you can't really tell unless you've been drawing them for a while.

R_N

Sunkern was the best Pokethlon Pokemon.

I also think Ditto was, too?

Speaking of, I am really surprised they gave Ditto such a great ability. It's funny that it might actually become one of the most used Pokemon in the metagame because of it.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Oh right, it was Sunkern. I thought of Sunflora because everyone was talking about it. I'm not familiar with how Ditto fares in the Pokéthlon, though it would make sense.

Eccentric Ditto will be quite useful in single battles and rotation battles. In double battles and triple battles, however, Limber Ditto still gets the advantage, unless Eccentric Ditto lets you choose whom to Transform into.

R_N

Double checked.

Sunkern, Ditto, Mew, Giratina-O, and Arceus are the only ones that can get 5 stars in everything.

Girathommy

I am in the DW! Yeah
There's also a 'No Miss Bonus' in the Wailord game. If you play through the whole game without having any of the Pokemon drop into the water, you get an extra 10000 points.

That metre on the right hand side is what determines the ball multiplier. To start with, if you hit the ball that matches your Pokemon, you get 300 points. Any Pokemon hitting any ball will count towards increasing the ball multiplier. Each time that you hit a specific colour of ball 5 times, it will increase your ball multiplier. However, if one of your Pokemon drops into the water, the multiplier drops back down to 1.

I cannot remember if this has been mentioned here about the search game, but the missing berry is found in the sparkly. From the sparkly, the missing Pokemon is usually within 1 or 2 areas from the berry. At least, that's what I have found. Oh yes, and I have a female Sunkern with Earth Power. I scored 47500 in the search game. ^^

With the ice cream game, if you make the balls of ice cream the same size as that picture on the right hand side of the screen, you'll see the 'heart' score increase. This gives you a multiplier, to a maximum of 2. If you evenly distribute the colours of ice cream, you get another multiplier to a maximum of 2. Your score is determined by the height of your ice cream tower, and those two multipliers.

This was the information I needed. Thanks very much for the detailed description of the games. Now I should reach some more points, hopefully;)
Especially the ice cream game was a little mystery, but now I hope I can do it better.

Ryonai

Shouro's employee
Is it true that you can visit your friends' home on the DW? If it's it'll be cool if we made a list (maybe is and I didn't find it lol) to everyone multiply their friends list and have more places to visit.

Girathommy

I am in the DW! Yeah
Yes, this is true. You can visit your friends' homes and water their berries and trade items with them which you place on the shelf at the DW. But in order to visit your friends' world, you need to regsiter each other with your FCs on your pal pad and make one trade or sth. at the wifi room. Both friends must have a Global Link Account of course as well.
The more friends you have and the more you can visit, the more DW points you can get each time, which will give you access to other areas and other pkm faster.

Ryonai

Shouro's employee
Yes, this is true. You can visit your friends' homes and water their berries and trade items with them which you place on the shelf at the DW. But in order to visit your friends' world, you need to regsiter each other with your FCs on your pal pad and make one trade or sth. at the wifi room. Both friends must have a Global Link Account of course as well.
The more friends you have and the more you can visit, the more DW points you can get each time, which will give you access to other areas and other pkm faster.

Nice, good to know that you can improve even faster when with friends. I'll update my signature and put my FC on White, so everyone can add me and explore the DW easily. ;328;

Girathommy

I am in the DW! Yeah
Nice, good to know that you can improve even faster when with friends. I'll update my signature and put my FC on White, so everyone can add me and explore the DW easily. ;328;

It's not only add your FC. You have also add the one of your friend and you have to meet at least once at the wifi room and make a trade or so in order to register each other.
So only adding your FC won't be enough.

I will send you a PM, then we can check it out together.

Last edited:

de_darkrai

Add me too please ^^

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
my Code is 3610 7032 8111 White

If we need to make a rubbish trade to confirm thats ok.

I'm sitting on 2800 points I've played everyday except 1 since it went active and played every encounter game except for a couple times, I score excellent to average so I'm frustrated at these points.

Girathommy

I am in the DW! Yeah
my Code is 3610 7032 8111 White

If we need to make a rubbish trade to confirm thats ok.

I'm sitting on 2800 points I've played everyday except 1 since it went active and played every encounter game except for a couple times, I score excellent to average so I'm frustrated at these points.

I have sent you a PM.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Ive been on my friends for a few minutes today and must say its great :D

Also, anyone fancy putting all the Pokemon Dream World artwork into a zip for me?

Arande

Sent people PM's too

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I've been able to get the hang of most of the Dream World games but I had neglected to play the "Look for the Lost" game since my brother had trouble with it apparently. I thought it was of average difficulty; nothing too bad. It was a little harder than it should have been since I didn't realize there was a cry button so I had just been playing by clicking random things haha. Well it seems simple enough now so I'll just play this for a few days.

myriada

Now, that all the artwork is up on bulbapedia, and I have no issues releasing a zip; here are two! One for the bitmap pngs uploaded there, and one for the decrypted original vector swf files. Every single Pokemon currently on the Dream World server is represented.
vector.zip
bitmap.zip
If you enjoy them and have BW, please consider trading and swapping Friend Codes with me, in order to help expand both of our Dream Worlds!

Status
Not open for further replies.