• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Dream World Discussion Thread - Read the FAQ in the first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a competitive battler, if I ever got a female DW Torchic, I'd sure as hell mass clone/breed it. I don't want to be the only one with BP Blaziken, after all~~

Hell, I could even give my female Torchic away to any other person, as long as it became legal on both Wi-Fi and Pokémon-Online.

cartert4219

Ferocious Shuckle
I'd distribute it too with the only condition being the recipient should distribute it freely as well. Though I don't judge anyone for thinking differently. Those things are expensive and exclusivity does make something more valuable. However, I am still not sure how I feel about GameFreak selling us a game and then charging us for individual pokemon, worse actually; a CHANCE at an individual pokemon, that can give some people an edge competitively. Though I must admit it is brilliant marketing... A lot of people that get Mudkips with the worthless damp ability are going to feel like suckers... lol

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So if you've registered at the Daisuke Club and you have a Global Link account, you may receive a gift Togekiss from the Dream World for your birthday eh? I love it! I was hoping for something a little more festive but Togekiss will do fine since it has Super Luck as it's Dream World ability. It comes at level 10 though, which is pretty low but it means we can train it ourselves (unlike the DW Arceus). I'm going to get one, most likely via trade though since I'm not registered at the DC.

guitalex

How is this a baseless argument? THIS IS HOW THEY ARE DISTRIBUTING THEM. How exactly do you think they will? No, they won't distribute them "someday", they are distributing them NOW, through YOU (if you happen to get a female).

That is why they made the females capable of breeding the ability. Tell me, of what good is a female Speed Boost Torchic, and how is a Speed Boost Blaziken with Protect viable if NO ONE EVER GETS ONE? How is this not harmful again?

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
So if you've registered at the Daisuke Club and you have a Global Link account, you may receive a gift Togekiss from the Dream World for your birthday eh? I love it! I was hoping for something a little more festive but Togekiss will do fine since it has Super Luck as it's Dream World ability. It comes at level 10 though, which is pretty low but it means we can train it ourselves (unlike the DW Arceus). I'm going to get one, most likely via trade though since I'm not registered at the DC.

DW arceus is fully EV trainable because of the 5th gen mechanics, that and heart scales allows decent customization.

At least as far as paraflinching, serene grace beats super luck, though I'm sure it'll have its uses.

chihuahuaowner

So, if we registered for the DW we also registered for the Daisuke club? If so, I'm getting one in 9 days! :p Is it like arceus where it just shows up or would you have to run into it?

cartert4219

Ferocious Shuckle
No, they are two separate things. It sounds like you have about nine days to become a member. :p

EDIT: Then I misunderstood what I was just reading but that isn't too surprising; it being a sloppy translation of the Japanese.
Thanks for correcting me.

Last edited:

AriasuGureisha

Advent Knight
My birthday is May 18th.

Gamepr*** Japan FTW *sarcasm*.

About the pic on DW Exclusive PKMNs where you see a pic, i think it's beta stuff, and rather impossible (same with eevee) because there was no moar pokemon on DW revealed (yet, but i doubt).

(TL;DR version: No DW Pichu/Pikachu or Anticipation Eevee until more info of WikiJP. Serene Grace Togekiss > Super Luck Togekiss)

Quote this if i'm wrong or not.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
DW arceus is fully EV trainable because of the 5th gen mechanics, that and heart scales allows decent customization.

I meant more like normal training, not specifically EV training, though you do make a good point there. I guess most of the people who are interested in the Dream World Pokemon would want to EV train them to make good use of them in competitive battles and such. I'm not all that familiar with Super Luck, but since it enables the user to critical hit twice as often as normal, it seemed like a great ability for the DW Togekiss to have. Hopefully the U.S. has a similar birthday event next year.

Actually, I just went investigating, and your Daisuki and GL accounts are connected, so when I signed up for the GL and DW, I guess I also signed up for this, too :D

So then the Daisuki Club site account and the Global Link site account are linked? I didn't know that but it looks like getting the birthday Togekiss from the Dream World just got easier :]

chihuahuaowner

^^ Yep, I found a link to the club site, and it had my GL user name in, so all I did was type in my password, and it worked. I thought I had heard somewhere that when you signed up for DW you also signed up for the Daisuki club.

wafiazizul

Dream World Addict
i need to wait till next September till i can get the DW Togekiss~ tying to find the way to change my birthday in the Daisuki~ :p,,i hope i can find it~

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Super Luck Togekiss?
Not interested, unless it gets a move that actually has high critical-hit ratio, and is a special move.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Yesterday my DS kept giving me the "you can't send your Pokemon to the Dream World more that once a day" message; despite not having sent a Pokemon to the DW yesterday...

But today it's letting me do it. Hurrah. So I've put my shiny Daikenki in his bed, and with luck I'll be able to use him in the DW.

Has anybody tried sending a shiny to the DW? Do they use their shiny sprites? Hopefully I'll be able to find out soon.

Edit: Aw, my shiny Daikenki doesn't look shiny in the DW.

Last edited:

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Super Luck Togekiss?
Not interested, unless it gets a move that actually has high critical-hit ratio, and is a special move.

It gets Air Cutter. The weakest high-crit move. And only in 4th gen. So not compatible with Super Luck.

It also gets Sky Attack. Which is two turn. And physical.

That's it, unless it comes with a special move. (Air cutter, AeroBlast or Spacial Rend are the only high crit special moves, so guess which one it would be.)

cartert4219

Ferocious Shuckle
Spacial Rend Togekiss FTW! lulz

Ryonai

Shouro's employee
Nice way to congratulate users, better if female.

GameMaster0000

Chaos Nightmare
Best luck, I hope you will get female any of them.

Look like 50 limitation is not true, if it true there must be some one on smogon or here whiting about "I can't go to dream isle".

Girathommy

I am in the DW! Yeah
As far as I know, the Global Link page and the Daisuki Club accounts are linked, so there is no need to make an account at the Daisuki Website to get the birthday Togekiss.
Please correct me if I am wrong. But with your dates from the GL website, you can also login at the Daisuki pages.

@Ryonai: hi there, see you later.

cartert4219

Ferocious Shuckle
Haha, congratulations! Here's a completely useless pokemon for you on your Birthday!
lol. It's still an event. ish...

Switching topics, I haven't heard of any but I am assuming (hoping) that female poliwags and vulpix have been confirmed?.... Anyone know for certain?

Status
Not open for further replies.