• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Dream World Discussion Thread - Read the FAQ in the first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Today's Japanese Dream World session was pretty boring. I managed to access all four areas of the Island of Dreams today, but I only found Pokemon that I already had. I kept a female Farfetch'd, and then I headed out to other people's gardens to water dry berries; I found 14 today, which was a lot more than I usually find. After that I went back to my Dream House, and I rearranged some of the furniture. I harvested my own berries after that, and then I visited my Dream Pals' Share Shelves.

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Today was a pretty good day for me.^-^
I took my Reshiram,Shiro with me and i found a few really rare berries!:3
I brought back a female drowzee from spooky manor.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
This is the first time I've used it in days. I picked a lot of those type reducing berries. Sheesh they take like three days to mature.

I took home a female Wailmer as there was no Manor today. Bummer.

kylie123

flying ninja monkey
Mismagius' Dream

Very odd..I woke up my Sneasel and now it says I have to wait a day to tuck a pokemon in! This didn't happen yesterday, am I the only one with the issue?
well you can access dream world once a day and after that you need to wait 24 hours.
when you wake your Pokemon that means you had your chance to visit dream world.
Actually, you can use the Game Sync twice every 24 hours starting at 12:00a so you can wake a Pokemon and put another to sleep then after midnight you can wake that one and tuck another one in ... If you go to the Dream World at 11:30p or so you can go to the dream world with two Pokemon in your 1 hour Dream World session take two Pokemon home from the Dream World. Sometimes if you get a communication error while connecting or something like that it'll count as using your Game Sync one time ... sooooooooooo
... but I decided to take a male shuppet, to raise and then breed with my event Banette.
You know you can breed a female Banette with any male Amorphous Pokemon and get a Banette egg with a pretty good chance of it having a dream world (third slot) ability ... so if you bred your female DW Banette with a (DW or otherwise) male Ralts who knows Imprison (great move for ghost-type Pokemon) or a male Grimer who knows Gunk Shot (or if you've got some time to kill, a male grimer who knows Imprison from it's Ralts daddy and then learned Gunk Shot at Lv 49) you could have Shuppet eggs with cool egg moves and a high chance of having a DW ability.

Mismagius' Dream by Kylie123

First, I checked my garden, all my plants were watered except for one little sprout ??? Then it was off to the Island of Dreams. I mostly explored the Windswept Sky and the Sparkling Sea but did end up at the Spooky Manor once before it dried up and befriended a female Spinarak which I chose over the female Kabuto I befriended. I don't know how permanent the Spooky Manor is going to be, so Spooky Manor Pokemon have top priority. I then went to all of my friend's houses and checked their shelves and gardens. I used up all the water in my pail. I filled my Share Shelf with Pass Orbs then checked out.

167.png

Dream Pts. 23790

Last edited:

Nikkoru_91

Vappy Trainer~
Actually, you can use the Game Sync twice every 24 hours starting at 12:00a so you can wake a Pokemon and put another to sleep then after midnight you can wake that one and tuck another one in...

No, you cannot.

It says you have to wait 24 hours. It does not reset based on calendar date.

Fenyxfyr

Got a problem?
You know you can breed a female Banette with any male Amorphous Pokemon and get a Banette egg with a pretty good chance of it having a dream world (third slot) ability ... so if you bred your female DW Banette with a (DW or otherwise) male Ralts who knows Imprison (great move for ghost-type Pokemon) or a male Grimer who knows Gunk Shot (or if you've got some time to kill, a male grimer who knows Imprison from it's Ralts daddy and then learned Gunk Shot at Lv 49) you could have Shuppet eggs with cool egg moves and a high chance of having a DW ability.

DW experience coming soon (in edit after it happens)​

I know I could breed it with something else, I haven't thought of egg moves, but I like your suggestions and will keep them in mind. My goal right now is to breed my Johto starters and get some female hatchlings and perhaps a shiny by Masuda Method...no luck on the last part yet.

kylie123

flying ninja monkey
No, you cannot.

It says you have to wait 24 hours. It does not reset based on calendar date.
No, you can ... I've done it ... as long as the hour's not up.

It takes 23 hours from the end of your session for the Dream World to become available on the Pokemon Global link website, but the Game Sync in your game resets at 12:00a (at least mine does, maybe yours resets at a different time, I'm GMT -5)

So if you have a Pokemon tucked in and you start your Dream World session at, let's say 11:30p and find a Pokemon you want. You send it to your Friend Board and wake up your pokemon. After 12:00a you wake your Pokemon and tuck in another (you have to wait five minutes for the data to update or something on the Global Link) then you go back into the Dream World with that Pokemon, go to the Island of Dreams, find another pokemon and send it to the Dream Board ... you'll have to wait until after midnight the next night to wake it with your Game Sync, but it can be done ...

Last edited:
I found it amusing that my visit to the DW today had me go to the Spooky Manor three times in a row. I took back a female Mr. Mime with Teeter Dance, so I'm happy.

Nikkoru_91

Vappy Trainer~
No, you can ... I've done it ... as long as the hour's not up.

It takes 23 hours from the end of your session for the Dream World to become available on the Pokemon Global link website, but the Game Sync in your game resets at 12:00a (at least mine does, maybe yours resets at a different time, I'm GMT -5)

So if you have a Pokemon tucked in and you start your Dream World session at, let's say 11:30p and find a Pokemon you want. You send it to your Friend Board and wake up your pokemon. After 12:00a you wake your Pokemon and tuck in another (you have to wait five minutes for the data to update or something on the Global Link) then you go back into the Dream World with that Pokemon, go to the Island of Dreams, find another pokemon and send it to the Dream Board ... you'll have to wait until after midnight the next night to wake it with your Game Sync, but it can be done ...

I have tried exactly what you are saying, and it does not work. The game sync tells me that it requires a day to recharge.

EDIT: I've had my coffee, and now I feel great! Sorry this post sounded so confrontational. Was just my usual morning grumpyness. >< I don't know if it's a regional difference, or something you're doing differently, but that method just does not work on my game.

Last edited:

Shien

are you talking about the mini games that have now finished yeah? shame only the Jap G-L got those :(
Yes I was talking about these.

Question about the rows of berries. The new row is availbale at how many points? I was at 5000 DP but someone else told me he had it at 4400 DP.
Can someone tell me the right answer?

Now going to DW ^^ .

Domiciwah

Yes I was talking about these.

Question about the rows of berries. The new row is availbale at how many points? I was at 5000 DP but someone else told me he had it at 4400 DP.
Can someone tell me the right answer?

Now going to DW ^^ .

According to bulbapedia its:

Number of rows Dream Points
2 Default
3 900
4 2100
5 3500*

serebii says:

You start off with two rows of which to grow your berries, but when you reach 900 Dream Points, you'll get a third row. You can get a fourth at 2,100 Dream Points and a fifth at 3,600 Dream Points.

Roronoa Zoro

Cracks begin to show
My Dream World session went pretty well today. I believe I befriended about 16 Pokemon. Unfortunately, I didn't get 500+ points, as no one needed berries to be watered. I'm happy though because I did get another row for berries, that makes 4 now. I decided to leave the Dream World with a female Bellsprout. It was one of the few females I ran into today, plus I need it for the Pokedex.

Divisible by Waffle

Smörgåsbord Rotunda
Aww yeah female Ralts. I'm getting near the 50 cap, so I'm only taking really really really good Pokemon at this point. I may just select a "permanent DW Resident" and only use the DW to water berries...I don't want to be left out of promotions just because my Friend Board was full @_@

Roronoa Zoro

Cracks begin to show
Aww yeah female Ralts. I'm getting near the 50 cap, so I'm only taking really really really good Pokemon at this point. I may just select a "permanent DW Resident" and only use the DW to water berries...I don't want to be left out of promotions just because my Friend Board was full @_@

I think I read somewhere that the 50 Pokemon cap really isn't in effect. It may have been on here, actually.

Domiciwah

the 50 pokemon limit is not real, I've already taken back over 60 pokemon.

myriada

I have tried exactly what you are saying, and it does not work. The game sync tells me that it requires a day to recharge.

EDIT: I've had my coffee, and now I feel great! Sorry this post sounded so confrontational. Was just my usual morning grumpyness. >< I don't know if it's a regional difference, or something you're doing differently, but that method just does not work on my game.
It does work, actually, though it's a little complex. There are two different lockout methods used on the C-Gear.
1) You can only put a Pokemon to sleep once per calendar day.
2) If a time change is detected, you must wait 24 hours before you can put a Pokemon to sleep.

So long as you don't change the time, you can do this:
23:30 Put a Pokemon to sleep
23:35 Start DW
23:55 Exit DW
23:59 Wake up the Pokemon
00:05 Put another Pokemon to sleep
00:10 Start DW again
00:35 Get kicked out of DW by the hour limit

I've done it before on both UK and Japanese copies of BW.

By the way, calendar day is defined by the games from the time set upon your DS console.

Nikkoru_91

Vappy Trainer~
It does work, actually, though it's a little complex. There are two different lockout methods used on the C-Gear.
1) You can only put a Pokemon to sleep once per calendar day.
2) If a time change is detected, you must wait 24 hours before you can put a Pokemon to sleep.

So long as you don't change the time, you can do this:
23:30 Put a Pokemon to sleep
23:35 Start DW
23:55 Exit DW
23:59 Wake up the Pokemon
00:05 Put another Pokemon to sleep
00:10 Start DW again
00:35 Get kicked out of DW by the hour limit

I've done it before on both UK and Japanese copies of BW.

By the way, calendar day is defined by the games from the time set upon your DS console.

I'm pretty sure that's what I tried doing. Will give it another shot this evening, though, and see if I can make it work.

Gorandon

The Dragon Trainer
I actually have never gotten around to going into the dream world to busy with new games and battling other people online. But should i try it is it very useful?

Roronoa Zoro

Cracks begin to show
I actually have never gotten around to going into the dream world to busy with new games and battling other people online. But should i try it is it very useful?

It's pretty helpful. It helps me fill up my Pokedex, and DW females can be traded for rarer Pokemon or items. It's a good way to spend an hour if you're bored. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.