• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Dream World Discussion Thread - Read the FAQ in the first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikkoru_91

Vappy Trainer~
I actually have never gotten around to going into the dream world to busy with new games and battling other people online. But should i try it is it very useful?

It's a lot of fun! And gives you access to DW ability Pokemon, which can have some interesting changes in competitive play over their standard versions.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Last year, in Japan, the official site compiled a poll which allowed you to vote for a Pokémon, the winner is then given over the Global Link. In Japan, the winner was Arceus and in Korea, it was Rayquaza. The Pokémon given are distributed with their Hidden Ability, provided they have one. Now, this promotion is being done outside of Japan. You have until November 30th to vote for one of the 493 pre-Unova Pokémon (Bulbasaur to Arceus) with the winner getting revealed on December 13th 2011 and distributed from February 1st 2012. You can vote for this on the official site here.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/vote

Aegon

I'm so glad this promotion is being held outside of Japan (and Korea). I hope something useful comes out of it. I really hope Arceus isn't chosen.

Sasukat

Back from the dead
As do I, Hopefully it is a pokemon that actually has a DW ability that is chosen. Personally I am hoping for Ho-ohh, as Regenerator is amazing on it, it will be awesome for sun, and it is a legendary meaning it probably won't be released with DW ability unless in an event and even then it will probably be japan exclusive.

SmartD

I voted for Lucario. I voted just for the heck of it.

Aurath8

woop the results are revealed on my birthday

I expect Arceus will get chosen again, but this is a chance to get some really interesting DW abilities yet to be revealed.
Ok I'm lying. From my point of view the only things 'left' to release are Multiscale Lugia and possibly Sand Rush Sandlash. I literally checked all the pokemon with unreleased abilities.
From a competitive stand, I think the results will be similar. Multiscale Lugia is stupidly bulky(as if it wasn't bulky enough) while it'd simply be fun to watch people try and use Sandslash to replace Excadrill.
In the end I voted for Lugia because, well sasukeanditachi worded it pefectly:
it is a legendary meaning it probably won't be released with DW ability unless in an event and even then it will probably be japan exclusive.
Maybe I'll find a different computer and vote for Sandslash on that as well. And Lucario if I find a third.

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

I voted Regigigas, because I feel that there are some players of the Gen. IV and V games who don't have Gen. III games and therefore are unable to catch the keys in getting Regigigas, Regirock, Regice and Registeel.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
OK, people. Listen up, because I only want to have to say this once. Any of you with any semblance of common sense out there will cast your vote for one Pokémon and one Pokémon only: Ditto. And here's why.

Lucario with Justified sounds awesome, I know. But the thing is, it functions well enough with just Inner Focus and Steadfast.

Ho-Oh and Lugia have nice Hidden Abilities, true enough. But consider that they were already good enough to stay Uber without them.

Regigigas has no Hidden Ability, and people can easily pick up a Generation III game from their local GameStop.

But! Ditto. Is. Useless. Without. Impostor. There is no getting around that fact. And no, I'm not talking about breeding, either. I mean in battle. With Impostor, Ditto is the ultimate revenge killer. With Limber, it's a laughable gimmick that's more often than not a waste of a team slot.

So vote Ditto. The lovable pink blob's been screwed over for generation after generation now. And we have the power to stop this injustice. So use it.

Vote Ditto. Do what's right.

This has been a Pokémon Service Announcement by Missingno. Master.

HeadOverHeels

Not enjoying AutumnF
Voted for Ditto.

That DW ability.
That ability.
Edit: Listen to Missigno. Master, he knows what he's talking about.

VOTE DITTO FOLKS!

Klever

Blaze Trainer
Now does this event Pokemon have a set gender? Because I'd like more than one copy of things like Perversity Snivy and Shadow Tag Litwick

HeadOverHeels

Not enjoying AutumnF
You can't vote for Gen5 Pokémon, sadly.

Anyway, opening a new incognito tab in chrome seems to be working, I was able to vote several times without getting the "you have already voted" message.

TropiOUs

Come at me bro
Now does this event Pokemon have a set gender? Because I'd like more than one copy of things like Perversity Snivy and Shadow Tag Litwick

You can only vote for pre-Unova pokemon,and if you guys want do what Missigno.Master quoted from me back on Smogon and vote for ditto. Because voting for ditto is voting for 649 pokemon at once.

Klever

Blaze Trainer
Neither of those are up for voting anyway. As for gender, as the previous two winners were genderless (and didn't even have Hidden Abilities, friggin' waste of an event!), we don't know.

Oh well that helps narrow down who gets my vote!

As for gender, we don't know.

...and that doesn't! Thanks for the help!

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
Lucario with Justified sounds awesome, I know. But the thing is, it functions well enough with just Inner Focus and Steadfast.

OH, no. Oh, no no no no no!! Lucario would be perfect for this distribution!! Steadfast and Inner Focus suck if you don't get hit by Fake Out. Justified is the perfect ability for Lucario. It becomes a powerhouse capable of beating the crap out of other Pokemon if it's powered by Beat Up in a double battle! Plus Lucario is highly popular, so it has a good chance of winning.

If only people weren't so lame as to ALWAYS vote for a legendary...

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
OH, no. Oh, no no no no no!! Lucario would be perfect for this distribution!! Steadfast and Inner Focus suck if you don't get hit by Fake Out. Justified is the perfect ability for Lucario. It becomes a powerhouse capable of beating the crap out of other Pokemon if it's powered by Beat Up in a double battle! Plus Lucario is highly popular, so it has a good chance of winning.

If only people weren't so lame as to ALWAYS vote for a legendary...

Thing is, even if Lucario's other abilities suck, it doesn't necessarily rely on them. Ditto, on the other hand, if not with its Hidden Ability, is nothing more than fecal matter. You see what I'm saying here? FECAL MATTER.

R_N

I voted for Ditto because Ditto is the besterest.
You can't vote for Gen5 Pokémon, sadly.

Anyway, opening a new incognito tab in chrome seems to be working, I was able to vote several times without getting the "you have already voted" message.
I was just about to mention this!

But...
How sure are we that this works works. As in, it's a "legit" second(third, fourth, etc) vote and not just saying it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.