• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Dream World Discussion Thread - Read the FAQ in the first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

manniezmoll

I'm a girl, dangit!
I think today sucked for everyone. I went to the mountain and had to play the gem collecting game like 5 times, I can't be the only one to hate it.

i hate that game with the fire of 10,000 suns...i've yet to get more that 10K on it yet. most times i don't even get to cross the finish line, so i lose out on the pokemon...which is usually a larvitar...which i really want...

Yuphie

Novice Shiny Hunter
Hopefully todays DW trip will be better than yesterdays, and i can actually get a Pokémon..

Trip 1 - Rugged Mountain (Teddiursa M, Skorupi M, Koffing M, Hippopotas M)
Trip 2 - Sparkling Sea (Finneon M, Luvdisc F, Krabby M, Lapras M)
Trip 3 - Spooky Manor (Mawile M, Stunky M, Bronzor, Smeargle M)
Trip 4 - Rugged Mountain - Hmm was Dry. :(

Oh well guess Luvdisc it is, not one of my favourites but it's female at least.

Drummerdude

I went back to the Dreamworld this morning for the first time in a few weeks and today was not a good day. I went to the Forest, Sea, Mountain, Sky, Sky. I was so excited when I went to the Rugged Mountain because I haven't been yet and I did not find a single Pokemon. Not one. When I went back to the Island of Dreams after that I encountered a lot of Pokemon the two times I was in the Sky but for some reason the mountain didn't want me to meet a new Pokemon. I ended up taking a Chinchou though.

Robbob

Well I had a great day in the Dream World today. I was sent to the Mountain area 3 times. I saw 17 pokemon. My choices were a female Magby with ember, a female Croagunk with gunk shot, and a female Absol with super power. I choose the Croagunk. I won it with the ice cream game which is harder than finding Absol in the hidden maze.

I think the mountain area is my favorite area. Although I really hate the gem game.

La Mort

Good run-out for me today, avoided the manor completely and spent a bit of time in the mountain and sky areas, two zones I haven't spent much time in. Befriended 20 pokemon overall though unfortunately didn't meet many in rugged mountain. In the end I took home a male skorupi with aqua tail and made it to 500+ dw points for the first time; Vileplume seemed very pleased with the effort.

I won it with the ice cream game which is harder than finding Absol in the hidden maze.

There's a good faq and video in the first post of this thread that can make that ice cream game a lot easier for you. Using a trackball mouse I consistently get stacks around or over 100" on it after watching that video.

redsky

Ninja
Well i didn't manage to get to the Rugged Mountain again today. Since it came out, i have only been there once, and even then i didn't find any females there, only males.

I went to the mansion 3 times today, and i found a new female: a female Sableye, so i took her back.

Hatsune Miku

i found all the berries today(the wepear)from ruggedmountain and sadly no pokemon in rugged mountain(all dried up)i found a singing igglypuff so i took it

went to peoples gardens and that

overall =normal bad day

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
I haven't been on the dream world in ages, so this weekend, I decided to explore it. Yesterday was an exceptionally bad day, the website kept logging me out every few minutes. I did download the Croagunk, and ended up taking home a male Torkoal, I believe.

Today was a bit better. I found a few interesting Pokemon, decided to take home a female Skorupi with Aqua Tail. I also got a fifth row in my garden.

I can't wait to get Internet at home so I can enjoy all the fun of the dream world, everyday, at least until it gets boring.

Kalosian

So long
Both of my Dream World sessions today were terrible. I only got to see the Rugged Mountain one single time, and I didn't find any females there. To make it worse, none of the 11 Pokemon I befriended were female, so I didn't bring back anything at all. I just planted berries as usual, and found a few interesting items on some share shelfs. Left the Dream World with great disappointment.

lostboy

Advice on the Collect Gems game: Draw smaller lines and shapes than what's shown. I found this works, saves time and makes the game much easier. Make sure not to miss drawing over the grey plus sign in the middle when you need to.

DragonTrainerBigRed

<No wall can stop me
Today, I got shut out of the mountain again in both the English and Japanese DW; this is really driving me up a wall.

In the Japanese DW, I had time for only 4 runs, and got the forest, sea, forest, and forest in that order; I brought back a female Chinchou with Shock Wave. In the English DW, I took 6 runs and got manor, sea, sky, manor, sea, and manor in that order; I brought back a female Meditite with Drain Punch.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
i was going to pass up the dream world for today but I think the charti berries are done growing so I need to plant my magost berry and my pinap berry...

momo-chan

Today was really weird for me.
I usually meet around 5-7 pokemon but today I met way more than 10..
Befriended around 11 and took home F/Houndour.
(other females were spinarak, igglypuff, duskull...)

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Advice on the Collect Gems game: Draw smaller lines and shapes than what's shown. I found this works, saves time and makes the game much easier. Make sure not to miss drawing over the grey plus sign in the middle when you need to.

It seems that using slower connection also helps, because then the Sableye will move slower, giving us a bit more time when drawing the symbols.

Pelipper's Sky Race and Wailord's Water Spout also works this way, but connection speed doesn't really matter in those two games.

Exodd

Which DW Pokemon should I take?

Female Feebas/Ability: Adaptability/Move: Splash
Female Magikarp/Ability: Rattled/Move: Bounce
Female Growlithe/Ability: Justified/Move: Body Slam
Male Lileep/Ability: Storm Drain/Move: Mirror Coat

Status
Not open for further replies.