• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Dream World Discussion Thread - Read the FAQ in the first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
I finally found a Lapras, which is awesome. Now there's only two or three more I need from the Sparkling Sea. Unfortunately, I rarely go there...

I also found a Makuhita that my friend asked me to get. After he told me his planned moveset, I felt like I wasted my time. Force Palm, Substitute, Belly Drum, and Rest. I don't know what to say about that.

TheMaster327

What I hope GF does in the future is the following...

After you have accumulated a big milestone for Dream Points (50,000/100,000), you are given the opportunity to befriend a legendary at the Island of Dreams. The mini-game played will be tougher than normal (i.e. find two missing Pokemon, longer Sky Race, higher target in the Wailord game, more flavours in Ice Cream, etc.)

What do you think of this idea?

In other news, I got a Pain Split Duskull today!

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
What I hope GF does in the future is the following...

After you have accumulated a big milestone for Dream Points (50,000/100,000), you are given the opportunity to befriend a legendary at the Island of Dreams. The mini-game played will be tougher than normal (i.e. find two missing Pokemon, longer Sky Race, higher target in the Wailord game, more flavours in Ice Cream, etc.)

What do you think of this idea?

Great idea ;)

anyway, today's result

- after harvesting, now I got 100 each for the three berries I need for the Rocket House, this Saturday I should be already halfway towards a new house :D
- found 5 females, too bad all of them are Pokemon I already have. Most of them does not have any special move too.....
- managed to get a high score on the minigame, yet no special move on the Pokemon I befriended, and that happens twice
- I befriended a Sludge Wave Gastly, which is one of my remaining targets in the Manor, so I took that on the Dream Tree
- finished befriending Pokemon in only half an hour, so I have plenty of time to look for dry plants that needs to be watered, got 17 plants.
- the only real bad part today, I visited the Mountain right at the time the island dries up -_-

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
I think he meant getting a Male one with Outrage in a trade for his female one.

That is correct. Now that we're mentioning it, is it better to have a moxie salamence or an intimidate salamence?

Aegon

That is correct. Now that we're mentioning it, is it better to have a moxie salamence or an intimidate salamence?
It depends. Intimidate Salamence may last longer on the field due to the foe's Attack drop, while Moxie Salamence may take out more of the foe's Pokémon. They're both useful; it's up to personal preference.

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
Ugh. I wanted to log on to the Global Link to waste a bit of time, and it's under maintenance. I had to skip last night's run because I was too tired to concentrate :(

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Today's Japanese Dream World session was wonderful. I got to access the Spooky Manor and Rugged Mountain areas twice, and I befriended some new Pokemon in the latter area. I kept a female Skorupi at the Tree of Dreams, and then I returned to my Dream House. I bought a telescope and then I harvested my berries when that was done. I planted more Magost and Pinap Berries since I was running low on those and then I watered other people's berries. I logged off after that with about 500 points.

Hatsune Miku

finished my dw session a while ago. it bad but exlcuding the berrie it was great.harvested berries but only got 8 :S. found 5 pokemon and it was really hard to pick actually. i picked female buizel with water pulse.after that i sent friend requests to people with roket houses then logged out

i could tell i got at least 500 points because it showd a music note

jwla

I had a decent run last night. I was kind of miffed because, when I picked ALL my berries, I was 3 Wepear berries short of getting the Rocket House. I went to the Rugged Mountain twice, and got a Wepear berry each time I went. I decided to look through share shelves, but forgot that I cannot take something I already have. :/ I planted some more Wepears and a some more Pinaps and Magosts, as well. I found, and took a Tyrogue home for all my troubles. I'd forgotten about the runs of the last two days, and also had a Shellder and Nidoran male waiting for me there. Tonight I will have my new house!! Haha

I got really lucky today and got a Beldum from the Rugged Mountain. It even had Zen Headbutt! I got a Sharp Beak from some dude's share shelf too.

I feel like making a Dream World graph just for recommended abilities and moves for the pokemon. Something like a checklist so everyone can keep track of whom they befriended. Sound like a good idea? I've been planting my Cornn, Wepear, and Pinap berries and from what I've seen, the amount of berries you can grow can go up to 10. And befriend as many Dream House users you can.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
i could tell i got at least 500 points because it showd a music note

500 points would be a heart emote, not music note emote ;)

music note emote is 300-499 points.

Kur0nue

Round-a-Bound
I feel like making a Dream World graph just for recommended abilities and moves for the pokemon. Something like a checklist so everyone can keep track of whom they befriended. Sound like a good idea?

This would be awesome and incredibly helpful. I really wish that somewhere there was a definitive list of the best DW abilities (or pokemon, whichever works). Whenever I search on google it either gives me sites with ALL the DW abilities or forums where people just list their favorite DW abilites/pokemon, with a lot of repeats. I just want an official list of the BEST abilities. I would just make my own, but I am not much of a battler, so I doubt I would get it right.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
There's no such thing as a definitive "best" list for DW pokes/abilities, because so much is based on how it's used. Is Unnerve Tyranitar better than Sand Stream TTar? Of course not! But sometimes you might want to use TTar on your team for its stats but not gimp your other members with permanent sandstorm, so Unnerve has its uses.

In my own news, I grabbed the rocket house yesterday and the Telescope, Star Rug, and the new window today, so I'm all out of DW decorations to buy. Again. Oh well, back to trying to get 100 of each berry. (It's the type-resisters that slow it down, really.)

Livinitup17

Looking for trades
There's no such thing as a definitive "best" list for DW pokes/abilities, because so much is based on how it's used. Is Unnerve Tyranitar better than Sand Stream TTar? Of course not! But sometimes you might want to use TTar on your team for its stats but not gimp your other members with permanent sandstorm, so Unnerve has its uses.

In my own news, I grabbed the rocket house yesterday and the Telescope, Star Rug, and the new window today, so I'm all out of DW decorations to buy. Again. Oh well, back to trying to get 100 of each berry. (It's the type-resisters that slow it down, really.)

True there is no such thing as a best list for dw pokes/abilities since it's a matter of opinion but i think what they were referring to was which abilities are worth getting for each pokemon example like a unnerve meowth would be considered a waste of a ability to get while a larvitar would be consider a good dw ability to get i don't think they were referring to if the dw ability is better than their first/second ability i think they were referring to if the dw ability is a waste or useful ability

In my own news i got a female dw slugma

silicon

Swordsman
So I don't know if this has already been asked before, but I got a Japanese game recently so to get the Japanese DW events do I need to make a japanese account? Or can I just sync it with my normal account?

As far as I know Japanese games can only sync with a Japanese global link account. Even if you can link a Japanese game to an international account, the DW events go by the global link account, not the game, so you have to make one.

As far as the DW abilities and moves goes, I made myself a spreadsheet to keep track of what all I've brought home, since I'm looking for a full collection of DW females (even if they have a poor ability). Another thing I added to it recently was a list of all moves that each pokemon released (internationally, since all I have are American accounts), which I sorted through to see which ones come with egg moves that are tougher than normal to get on that pokemon - ones that require breeding chains or a pokemon with the move from gen 4, to allow me to have a list of males I wouldn't mind settling for if they come up and no females that I need do. I'm personally not too worried about most of the DW exclusive moves, as they are mostly old TM and Tutor moves, so in Grey and any remakes we very well may see Tutors for those moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.