• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Dream World Discussion Thread - Read the FAQ in the first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperEpicRock

I had a pretty good run today, I got as female Abra and a twistedspoon from the manor.

However, I'm still doing horrible at the gems game in the mountain, I can't make a Z or triangle to save my life (I do ok with Vs and lines, though.)

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
I had a pretty good run today, I got as female Abra and a twistedspoon from the manor.

However, I'm still doing horrible at the gems game in the mountain, I can't make a Z or triangle to save my life (I do ok with Vs and lines, though.)

Pro-tip: Don't draw the hypotenuse (the /) on the triangle, it doesn't seem to work. However, if you only draw the _|, it works every time.

willsgb

WEE HUGHIE SAYS ****
it was a hot and cold session for me today... i was able to water 20 plants belonging to 2 visitors; one had all 15 patches dry which meant i had to leave 5 of them dry for him/her as my can was emptied. no interesting items on share shelves;

my berries had been watered too, and no one had put anything interesting onto my shelf, so i went to the island, and the first 3 runs were all to the pleasant forest. i found a growlithe, an old favourite of mine, and i did well enough in the scoop game for it to know endure, but it was male. i also found a scyther and a castform, and a few others of interest, but then i encountered... a marill.

Unfortunately, no, it would be so nice if it were. As far as I can tell 9 pokemon ask for different games in the same area, 3 each in the forest, sky and sea. Of those, 8 of them you can tell when you have a female - Lotad and Castform in the forest; Pidgey, Ledyba and Delibird in the sky; and Slowpoke, Seaking and Quilfish in the sea. The odd one out is Marill who will always be male if it's asking to play the Wailord game, but can be either gender if it asks for the Pokemon seek.

it wanted to play pokemon seek, and although i doubled back on myself during the game and ended up finding the wooper i was looking for with just under a minute to go and getting just 37,500 points, it knew ice punch, and was female!

for reference purposes, bulbapedia lists which minigames will be played for each gender of each poke, although most of them will actually ask for the same one, regardless.

anyway i did a few more runs, and i went to the sea next, and there encountered another favourite, lapras. i did the sky race - in which i find it very difficult to avoid hitting any clouds - i can avoid the sparks easily enough, but clouds are another matter - and it was actually female.

it's the annoying thing about the DW, and only being able to take one poke back each day. would be nice if you could put one other aside for the next day or something. ah, whatever. the lapras didn't have a DW exclusive move, so i befriended the marill. i tried a few more runs and found the forest and the sea one more time, and the sea was barren on my 6th run. only berries item-wise too.

still, i think the marill was a decent find; peace out

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I had some problems with the lag on the Japanese Dream World last night, so I only managed to visit the Island of Dream areas a couple of times. I befriended 9 Pokemon and I kept a female Seel at the Tree of Dreams. I watered my berries since nobody had done that for me, and then I watered other people's berries. I found an Oval Stone on a Share Shelf and I kept that. I returned to my Dream House after that and I bought a new table. I placed it in the back and then I logged off.

Psypert

Is there a way to get items like Evolution stones in the Dream areas, or is it just based on luck?

is luck based and it will only work as long as you reached the amount of dream points requiered (10000 points)

I have over 8k now, and I was thinking of the items that are available after 7.5k points in Rugged Mountain for example.

Huh. I'm at 51,000 points (last time I looked)

Today was so-so. I got a female Girafarig with Skill Swap, and I'm cool with that. I got the haunted house house, since I had the necessary berries to buy it.

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
I haven't been on the Dream World in a while now, but I did log on today with my 3 accounts to download Mamoswine. Hopefully I'll have an hour to spare tomorrow so I can play a bit, and plus I start working again on Monday, so I won't have a lot of spare time.

Autis-misc

Abridger
Got a Torkoal after spending endless hours trying to get my 3DS and the computer on at the same time.

Now I have a torkoal with Shell armor and Stealth rock. Oh the Joy.

After half a year of waiting, I've finally got myself a female Vulpix. Kind of funny how I thought of getting Vulpix today and out of blue I see Vulpix in Pleasant Forest. Also, at least it's not a run-time error with the Flash crashing. Thank god it didn't happen on Vulpix. IT did happen on a Natu though.

jwla

Had a decent run last night, but cut it short. I brought home a Beldum with Zen Headbutt. Tonight I kept getting to the Sky--which is one of the places I DON'T ever need to go. I kept skipping it. I only met one Pokemon in the short time I played. It was a Houndour from the Spooky Manor. He was male, but I brought him home. I wish he would have had a special move, but I HATE playing with Wailord, so my score wasn't really good.

willsgb

WEE HUGHIE SAYS ****
i had an annoying run today, plenty of sky runs and pokes i already have, + a couple of runs in the mountain, sea and the forest. i did manage 6 runs before the island went dry, but still.

got loads of items, but almost all of them were berries and pass orbs - i did find a metal coat which assuaged my frustration somewhat.

met an absol and got a best ever score on pokemon seek - it knew superpower, but it was a male! damn. got a good score with trappinch too and it knew giga drain, but was also male. got a female numel, but it only knew ember; ended up going with a female aqua ring clamperl.

de_darkrai

Bring nothing again today...Ewww!

kylie123

flying ninja monkey
I'm playing the American version of Pokemon White and Black ... and I got the notification to befriend a Dream World Mamoswine I used the Password for the Australian version from the Serebii home page and viola I got my Mamoswine last night/today ...

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Meh, passable runs today. I barely found much of anything I needed, but I did find a volbeat for the collection. On the other file I found a male double edge rhyhorn, not that useful and not new, but I took it anyway.

That glitch is still persisting, but at least I know which page it affects. Unfortunately, it's on a page with a type berry, so that royally screws up my plan to grow lots of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.