• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Dream World Discussion Thread - Read the FAQ in the first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemom

TCG Gym Leader, Ret.
edit - pokemom (great username) i agree with 2rsa, i'd probably pick the mr mime out of that list. or possibly the pidgey, i don't think it normally gets steel wing.

TY, I've been getting quite a few compliments on my UN of late :D

Pidgey can get steel wing as an egg move. FWIW Rotom can get tutored Signal Beam in Gen4.

I find myself liking Speed Boost Sharpedo with Justified Lucario over WashTom and Weavile more and more....

About to go in again in a few minutes - let's see what I find shall we? ;)

willsgb

WEE HUGHIE SAYS ****
TY, I've been getting quite a few compliments on my UN of late :D

Pidgey can get steel wing as an egg move. FWIW Rotom can get tutored Signal Beam in Gen4.

I find myself liking Speed Boost Sharpedo with Justified Lucario over WashTom and Weavile more and more....

About to go in again in a few minutes - let's see what I find shall we? ;)

what did you find? i found a hypnosis chimecho today. peace out!

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
I finally got a female DW Chatot today also,i found a few items but nothing special.

Wilkimania

I found a male Hippopotas today and was a bit meh about it all until I sent it back and realised that I didn't have one, so that's a new dex entry for me

MrSaturday

Awesome Trainer
I've been very blessed lately in the DW...found a female regenerator Tangela, as well as a couple of sheer force Nidorans. I just wish there were more ways to gain points so I could start finding more pokemon : /

R_N

Is anyone else getting Internal Server Errors on the dream world (oddly located just on the login area most of the time) right now or is it just me?

MrSaturday

Awesome Trainer
Is anyone else getting Internal Server Errors on the dream world (oddly located just on the login area most of the time) right now or is it just me?

That's actually why I came back to this thread so soon...the same thing is happening to me. At least I now know that my internet is not the issue. Still though, I'm wondering what's going on. I remember that they announced a maintenance day, but that wasn't scheduled until March 5.

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
That's actually why I came back to this thread so soon...the same thing is happening to me. At least I now know that my internet is not the issue. Still though, I'm wondering what's going on. I remember that they announced a maintenance day, but that wasn't scheduled until March 5.

not just dream world, but the entire pokemon.com site is down...

I wonder...

Did their equipment break?

It worked fine for a brief moment today, but too brief for me to get on...

I wonder if a DDoS attack is the culprit....

Did someone contact the admins working for pokemon.com regarding reason behind it?

Last edited:

R_N

Looks like it's an issue related to the main Pokemon site, not necessarily the Dream World

willsgb

WEE HUGHIE SAYS ****
I finally got a female DW Chatot today also,i found a few items but nothing special.

i found a male chatot today, but i chose to take something else;

I'm so happy I got a Rocket House!
Took me a whole month to do so.
Work does pay off!

i've been growing loads of berries to get everything in the catalogue too, not got any new houses yet though.

today i found another old gateau! you'd think those were a bad thing, a rotting cake. turns out it's good though. also, it looks like a purple block of cheese. what an odd thing! my generous dream pal visited as i was online, and gave me a twistedspoon for a pass orb which he/she really likes, and i was able to stick it in my treasure chest straight away :D i found few interesting pokemon, but i did get a male shuppet with egg move destiny bond, so i'm going to try out its cursed body ability with relish. beautiful day outside! peace

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Yesterday's Japanese Dream World session was cool. I got to visit all of the areas at least once and I befriended 14 Pokemon in total. I kept a female Ponyta at the Tree of Dreams, and then I returned to my house. I bought another table from the furniture catalog and I placed it in the front room. I harvested my berries shortly thereafter and I also planted some more Chesto, Pecha and Cheri Berries. I visited other people's gardens and I watered 16 dry berries. I signed off shortly after that.

Nyter

Island Challenger
I am 500 points from 7500 points total!
I can't wait for 5PM since there isn't anything better to do today cuase it's raining/sleeting oustide and hella windy!
Then MORE NEW POKEMON will be available for me.

Unfortunately I discovered and entered DW play at a late time and I missed the Eevee games. I really wand a DW Eevee female :(

O.G. Trainer

How do you get to the dream world? I am trying to find the Dream Smoke/Mist so i can go to the dream world but am having trouble. Please Help. Thanks

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
How do you get to the dream world? I am trying to find the Dream Smoke/Mist so i can go to the dream world but am having trouble. Please Help. Thanks
You need to continue until you get the C-gear after the first gym. It's a unskippable event.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus

To get to the Dream World, you first have to obtain the Dream Mist and the C-Gear in the storyline of B/W. After you earn the Trio Badge in Striaton City (the first badge you can earn), Professor Fennel will give you HM01 (Cut) and ask you to retrieve the Dream Mist from the Dreamyard outside Striaton. When you get there, however, Team Plasma will be there because they want the Dream Mist, too. Defeat them and get the Dream Mist, and then go see Professor Fennel and she'll give you the C-Gear. You can now sign up for a DW account on Pokemon-gl.com and use the Dream World.

Do you also want instructions on how to get into the DW once you have the C-Gear?

O.G. Trainer

To get to the Dream World, you first have to obtain the Dream Mist and the C-Gear in the storyline of B/W. After you earn the Trio Badge in Striaton City (the first badge you can earn), Professor Fennel will give you HM01 (Cut) and ask you to retrieve the Dream Mist from the Dreamyard outside Striaton. When you get there, however, Team Plasma will be there because they want the Dream Mist, too. Defeat them and get the Dream Mist, and then go see Professor Fennel and she'll give you the C-Gear. You can now sign up for a DW account on Pokemon-gl.com and use the Dream World.

Do you also want instructions on how to get into the DW once you have the C-Gear?

Yes I need instruction. I have already completed the story line in both Black and White.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Yes I need instruction. I have already completed the story line in both Black and White.

Okay, here's the description that I posted about 30 pages ago, with some edits added here and there (don't worry; you aren't expected to have read that far back :) )

Setting up your account:
Do you have a Pokemon.com account and a Dream World account? If you don't, you need to go to www.pokemon-gl.com and click on "Sign Up" and follow all of the directions. You will need to make an account on Pokemon.com, which it will walk you through. When it asks you for your Game Sync ID, go to the opening page of Pokemon Black/White (the page where you choose to enter the game, set up Wifi, etc.) and click on "Game Sync settings". It will show you a bunch of random letters - this is your Game Sync ID.

Making a Pokemon sleep:

You will need to have Wifi that your DS can connect to do do this.

After you set up your account, you need to enter your game with the C-Gear on and click on "Online" and then hit the "Game Sync" button. Connect to Nintendo Wifi and it will ask you which one of your Pokemon you want to put to sleep. You need to have at least one Pokemon in your PC for this to work. Choose a Pokemon and put it to sleep. Wait until it starts dreaming (this will take several minutes).

Now refresh your page on pokemon-gl.com and you should see that it knows which of your Pokemon is sleeping.

Optional aside: Obtaining Arceus: As far as I know, Arceus is still available for 4 more days. If you want your DW Arceus, click on the little yellow button on the bottom right-hand corner of the screen that says "Promotions". Click on the Arceus promotion (it should be the first or second one listed). The password for Arceus (assuming you're using an English game) is ARCEUSVOTE. Put in the password and click on the "OK" and then "Befriend Arceus" button when you are prompted. Now Arceus is on your Friend Board at your house!

Entering the Dream World:
Enter the Dream World by clicking the "Dream World" button on the pokemon-gl homepage. You will be given a tour of the Dream World since this is your first time. You can explore the Dream World and collect items and another Pokemon if you want at this time. If you want to visit the Island of Dreams more than once, do not make a wish at the Tree of Dreams at this time. You may visit the Island of Dreams 4-7 times. After your Island has run dry (there are no more Pokemon and items), make a wish at the Tree of Dreams. To take back items, click on the Treasure Chest in your house and choose which items you want to take.

Encountering the Pokemon you chose at the Entralink:

When you are ready to leave the Dream World (you can only stay for 1 hour), click the exit button at the top-right corner of the screen and choose "exit and prepare to wake up". You will be prompted to accept if you would like to bring the Pokemon you befriended with you. Bring them with you, close the DW on your browser, and then wake up your Pokemon on your DS by selecting "Game Sync" again and telling it that you want to wake up your Pokemon.

Now that your Pokemon has woken up, you can go to the Entralink. On your C-Gear, hit "Wireless" and choose "Entralink". You will be teleported to the Entralink forest. The boy to the left of the forest will give you any items you took back with you. Enter the forest and any Pokemon you befriended will be in the first area you see, except Arceus. If you chose to befriend Arceus, Arceus is hidden and you will have to run around in the other areas to find him. Once you do, talk to him and you will be able to add him to your party. You can throw a Dream Ball at him, or any other Pokeball. They will all catch him. Now you have Arceus in your party! Yay!

Keep in mind that you can SR for Arceus's nature. To do this, you will have to save BEFORE you teleport to the Entralink. Make sure you have an empty slot in your party. Find Arceus, catch him, and look at his nature. If it's not the one you want, soft reset and repeat until you get the nature you want.

Finally, remember that NO Pokemon from the Dream World can be shiny, so SRing for shininess is a waste of time. If you want a shiny DW Pokemon, you will have to get a female and breed for it.

Things that will cause your Game Sync to need to recharge:
-using a cheating device
-changing the clock or date on your DS
-moving your Black/White cartridge to another DS
-attempting to use the Game Sync before 24 hours have passed since your last use. This will cause the Game Sync to recharge another 24 hours, so don't do it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.