• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Elite Four's Getting Too Easy?

IAintObeezy

Ban this Trainer
Not really.
It's 50-50
Since pokémon is aimed for not just adults and teens but also little children. I don't think it would be good if the game is really challenging and they have no idea on what the heck is going on.
then why not just add a better difficulty setting like they tried to do with black and white?

LizardonX

Banned
then why not just add a better difficulty setting like they tried to do with black and white?

You mean the version exclusive post game bonus?

Pokemon will naturally get easier as you know more about the series. I remember the first time I played Sapphire, I got all the way to elite 4, but I seriously didn't even know the weaknesses of some of the types of the elite 4 like dark, dragon, and steel. I didn't really go on the internet that much back then, so I kind figured stuff out on my own.

Henraye

Toon Leader

You're on to something. How about a difficulty in the options like beginner, normal, and expert? And you can change in during game, and it doesn't change the levels of the pokemon, just their strategies and maybe even their movesets.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
yes that except at the BEGINNING of the game and not just higher level enemies. at least have gym leaders and important characters have more strategic AI.

They do, for example Marshall's Conkeldurr wields the Flame Orb + Guts combo and Iris upgrading from Dragon Dance + Dual Chop to Dragon Dance + Outrage.

its like some of you guys don't bother to look at the main site for details.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
They do, for example Marshall's Conkeldurr wields the Flame Orb + Guts combo and Iris upgrading from Dragon Dance + Dual Chop to Dragon Dance + Outrage.

its like some of you guys don't bother to look at the main site for details.

That, and they spend less time spamming moves like Dragon Dance and get to attacking after only 1 or 2 boosts.

I personally had Elesa switch out her Emolga to send in Zebstrika because she knew I was going to use Electro Ball with my Ampharos, so the AI does have its moments. Moreso than previous gens, for sure.

IAintObeezy

Ban this Trainer

well i guess that almost solved my problem sorry I didnt play through the game completely TWICE just to see if it gets challenging. And if thats true for more than just the elite four why didnt you say so to begin with?

Last edited:

LizardonX

Banned
well i guess that almost solved my problem sorry I didnt play through the game completely TWICE just to see if it gets challenging. And if thats true for more than just the elite four why didnt you say so to begin with?

Well if you have another DS with a completed black 2 you could use it to give another game challenge mode from the beginning. But I think if you want true difficulty you'll probably have to look elsewhere for an enhanced Pokémon experience.

Sethern

[Insert Cool Title]
I was thinking the same thing earlier, but then it hit me, I've played pokemon so much I have the system down and it just seems easier for me. I imagine that the games are friendly for kids so they can play it and get hooked like us older people. I still think the games are enjoyable. So I don't mind as much, but I think a more strategy filled game for older people would be fun too.

AstroZombie

We Are 138
They seem to be making things simpler for the kids with each new generation of pokemon. More visually appealing, but simpler. If you want a good strategy game, definitely play Fire Emblem.

randomspot555

I agree that each Gen is getting easier. R/B/Y had a very difficult Elite 4, and battles as a whole, yet now it is fairly simple in my opinion.

If you've been playing Pokemon for 10+ years, it is no longer 1999 and you are no longer 8.

That is why the games have seemingly gotten easier.

I also want them to limit things like revives, Full restores, stuff like that for a player. Like the way they do that for the elite four, one full restore per person

Stop using them.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
It's always been pretty easy. The RBY league except for maybe Lance is a joke. The only league that gives me trouble more often than not is Hoenn.

In my opinion there's no reason to not give the Elite Four members six Pokemon.

Marco The Phoenix

Y Yes, I Watch Anime
I don't think they're easier. Just.. everyone knows what to expect at this point.

I guess they can be made tougher, I certainly wouldn't mind it being more of a challenge.

Missingno.Fan

I don't think they are getting any easier. It is just that you are getting older/better. I remember breezing through the first three gyms on the same day I got Black. I know that I couldn't of done that when I was eight.

Cutty

Forever now
I dont think its getting too easy... but its not hard either.. I can see they've tried to improve the game by providing more diverse teams for gym leaders n elite four since gen 4, also more strong trainers in w/b 2... and you have a challenge mode...
Its quite fair so far to me.. I still enjoy the whole game experience thats what really counts...

RainbowMagikarp64

When I Evolve...
I think they're a bit too easy, but not to the point where it's any big deal. My first game was White, and I was going into HG/SS believing that the Elite Four was that easy in every game.
Poor noob me. Dx

Henraye

Toon Leader
I think they're a bit too easy, but not to the point where it's any big deal. My first game was White, and I was going into HG/SS believing that the Elite Four was that easy in every game.
Poor noob me. Dx

Actually, in my opinion, HG and SS had the easiest elite four, even the second time you challenged them

Garchomp230

I don't feel the battling is getting easier at all, just that the difficulty doesn't increase much, and that everyone is getting better, and like someone said, some of us "know" what moves and types and strategies work with your pokemon and against opposing pokemon. I think as a solution, the game should have a difficulty option or something. Easy is the standard, default mode, then when you beat the E4 once, you can access medium, which is slightly harder, then the same thing for hard, where the pokemon are +20-30 levels higher, and then an Uber difficulty, for those of us who beat the E4 5 times, where the pokemon are way higher leveled, like levels 60-100 and they have way better AI, almost like a human AI, but just preset strategies and concepts. You can also switch to a previous difficulty at any time, and can also switch back up, as long as you have unlocked said difficulty. Sorry for the long post, but there was a lot to say.

i think the elite 4 has been getting weaker because i didnt have that much trouble beating the sinnoh and unova elite 4 and champions the kanto/jhoto elite 4 was hard for me since lance had three dragonites and i didnt use ice or dragon types in those games but i also have gotten way better at training pokemon
maybe in kalos the elite 4 and champion dont use one type and are in level 65-75 the first time around