• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Elite Four's Getting Too Easy?

Flying Weasel

The AI got more difficult between BW and BW2, they say.

Seriously?

Never played B2/W2 I honestly thought it was easier because I heard there was an easy mode in the game (not sure if that's legit or not though).

The AI could be better though. I'm kind of sick of KO'ing my rivals croconaw because he wants to spam scary face even though he's already faster then me.

Iced Earth

Vibing
I haven't played B2/W2, but the elite four for B/W was the easiest out of the rest. But, I'm not saying they're getting easier; it fluctuates by generation. I remember RSE's elite four being one of the hardest, IMO.

Flying Weasel

I haven't played B2/W2, but the elite four for B/W was the easiest out of the rest. But, I'm not saying they're getting easier; it fluctuates by generation. I remember RSE's elite four being one of the hardest, IMO.
yeah I know, my entire team was weak against Wallaces ice types on Emerald. Took some serious grinding before I could beat that one.

The Sylveon Mastermind

Supreme Eeveelord.
yeah I know, my entire team was weak against Wallaces ice types on Emerald. Took some serious grinding before I could beat that one.
Oh, I remembered that.
He was a pain to defeat.

B2/W2 are difficult, I suppose. But all you really need is a high-leveled Dark Type and a high-leveled Psychic Type, and then do what you want for Iris.

--Scratch that. You need a high-leveled Flying Type as well. Or, if you're like me, you use that Sigilyph that you've been keeping in the PC.

Last edited:

The Sylveon Mastermind

Supreme Eeveelord.
I certainly think they're getting easier - from Gen III onwards I have found every Elite 4 get increasingly easier, B2/W2 was the easiest by far to me.
Perhaps you're getting experienced? Over time it gets easier for those who have been at it for years, or have put in a lot of strategy to their battles. I have been playing since Gen III as well. Also helps if you use the stronger Pokémon.

I don't think they are getting easier, I'm just getting smarter. I'm not traveling around with three grass types and only four of my Pokemon at a decent level, I'm actually building my team and training my Pokemon properly. I do agree that Black/White were easy, but I had a tougher time with Black 2 than I did with Gold.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Nawp. I might know more about diversing my team to become balanced, but I still have a hard time defeating some of them. Iris in BW2, Caitlin in BW1, and Lance and Karen from SS/SG come to mind.<.>

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
Koga was difficult; having to keep on having half an hour's battling with his Muk, haha. His other Pokemon were annoying, showing its not all down to "brute force" as he says. They need more E4 members like him where it's not all down to raw power, and then I think they can get more diverse and more challenging. A Defense-oriented Steel or Rock E4 hurling Spikes, Sandstorms and Stealth Rock at you would be good.

Phoebe's Dusclops were good. Apart from that, no the E4 needs to be more challenging.

Hilda

Because now you make a team of complimenting types with getting good natures for them and having them have different types of moves.
You also use revives and max potions now. Before I had never used them and beat the league without them.

The elite four has never given me trouble. It's always the champion that gives me the hardest time (with the exception of Hoenn and Unova). Johto could've probably been the hardest Elite four for me back in GSC because i didn't use anything that was strong against Psychic or Dark types. Though none really ever gave me a hard time, Karen was the hardest, mainly her Umbreon when it would double team until it was basically unhittable.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Unova gave me more of a hard time than all the other Elite Fours. It's not getting easier.

Unova gave me more of a hard time than all the other Elite Fours. It's not getting easier.

The typing for this elite four was definitely a challenge in my opinion.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Yes, the champion is hard but the E4 is getting ridiculously easy. Let's see (talking about the E4 only):
gen 1: using legendary birds plus a psychic type (or electabuzz) makes them so easy to take out. But they were hard, no doubt, especially for me who didn't grind back then. I had pokemon 6-10 levels under lorelei.

gen 2: Dayum, that's some hard foes. even with SE moves against them, they were very hard. For me they were the hardest. And don't even get me started on HGSS E4.

gen 3: Drake doesn't forgive. The other 3 were not easy but drake...these were not as hard but still challenging.

gen 4: Kind of depressing, all of them are easy to beat except for lucian and he's not that hard. Cynthia though was overkill compared to the E4.

gen 5: Hey E4, you're here because...? Drayden is harder than all of these guys. A decent dark type, a psychic type and a fighting type. 3 pokemon are enough to beat them the 1st time. 2nd time you need a fire type for metagross and bronzong but still...very easy to beat.

So in conclusion...If they increase the AI and put decent movepools in the teams, i believe there's possibility to make the E4 some fearsome adversaries.

Weedong

OU sucks :/
Black and White 2 have difficult elite four battles... At least I thought so. Even though they can all be beat by Lucario except Marshal (teach him dark pulse) Iris is what makes it hard in my opinion, same goes with Marshal because of how bulky all his pokemon are, besides Mienshao. 4th gen was also the hard, and possibly the hardest. Cynthia has a versatile team, and most of her pokemon can destroy your team. She forced you to have a balanced team. You couldn't rely on only one certain type or a certain pokemon to carry you through the elite four (unless if it was a level 100). I hope they keep the high difficulty for the elite four, I just hope it wasn't unbalanced like Black and White.

grovyle1997

Elite 4 from easy to hard IMO.

1. Red/Blue
2. Gold/Silver
3. Black/White
4. Black 2/White 2
5. Firered/Leafgreen
6. Heartgold/Soulsilver
7. Diamond/Pearl
8. Ruby/Sapphire

As you can see, it's kind of getting easier since Ruby/Sapphire, but the first 2 generations still have the easiest E4.
Also I want to say that the E4 in Black 2 is my favourite E4 from the whole series, because of the champion. The music and the background (anyone who played BW2 will know what I mean ;)).

Monek_OP

bernie2016
I had so much trouble with the B/W Elite Four, there's no way it gets easier... However it may seem that way, or the opposite, because of player experience, AI experience, and team fluctuation between both the E4 and the PC.