• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Emerald

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so seeing as how a friend of mine both have emerald he thinks he can beat me. I told him I doubt it. now while our teams are a secret to each other. I think i need some pointers or a move set change. Below is what i have in mind.

Raichu
Nature: Hasty (Up 10% Speed/Down 10% Defense)
Ev Train: Sp. Attack & Speed
Move Set: Volt Tackle, Thunderbolt, Double Team, Iron Tail.
Question/Note: Breeding for Pichu to have Volt Tackle, so at what Lv or point should I evolve Pikachu to Raichu?

Tyranitar
Nature: Brave (Up 10% Attack/Down 10% Speed)
Ev Train: Attack & Sp. Attack
Move Set: Outrage, Dragon Dance, Ancient Power, Crunch/Earthquake.
Note: Trying to obtain Larvitar Egg with Outrage, Dragon Dance & Ancient Power. No luck, need some assistance if possible.

Dragonite
Nature: See Tyranitar
Ev Train: See Tyranitar
Move Set: Dragon Dance, Dragon Breath, Dragon Claw, Slam
Note: Trying to obtain Dratini Egg with Dragon Dance and Dragon Breath. No luck, need some assistance if possible.

Mewtwo
Nature: Mild (Up 10% Sp. Attack/Down 10% Defense)
Ev Train: Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense & Speed
Move Set: Recover, Psychic, Calm Mind, Earthquake

Blaziken
Nature: Lonely
Ev Train: Attack & Speed
Move Set: Thunderpunch, Sky Uppercut, Blaze Kick, Slash/Mirror Move

Also, What hold items could I have them hold?

Last edited by a moderator:

Torvux

aquatic trainer
i think mewtwo need to learn an element move like ice beam or thunder rather than calm mind,blaziken slash fit better,dragonite need a fire move like fire blast for ice type pokemon.

arceus03

Bold in commments.

Okay, so seeing as how a friend of mine both have emerald he thinks he can beat me. I told him I doubt it. now while our teams are a secret to each other. I think i need some pointers or a move set change. Below is what i have in mind.

Raichu
Nature: Hasty (Up 10% Speed/Down 10% Defense)
Ev Train: Sp. Attack & Speed
Move Set: Volt Tackle, Thunderbolt, Double Team, Iron Tail.
Question/Note: Breeding for Pichu to have Volt Tackle, so at what Lv or point should I evolve Pikachu to Raichu?

You need to have a Light Ball to get Volt Tackle. You know that, right? You can evolve Pikachu anytime to Raichu if you have a Heart Scale; since Raichu learns Thunderbolt from the start so you can get to the Move Relearner after evolving. If not, evolve after L26 to get Thunderbolt first.

It seems pointless to have two STAB moves, however. I would replace either one with another move like Return or Rollout. Double Team is a poor support move; Thunder Wave would be a better option. And Iron Tail has shaky accuracy. I would replace it with Brick Break. It has less power, but better accuracy and coverage overall. Iron Tail hits Rock and Ice for SE damage; Brick Break does the same plus 3 more types: Steel, Dark and Normal.

Still, your choice: power vs accuracy + coverage.

Raichu also has the SubPunching option: Substitute / Focus Punch / Thunderbolt / Encore. Encore a non-damaging move, then proceed to Focus Punch. Substitute acts like a safe-cushion. The set would require some prediction though.

Tyranitar
Nature: Brave (Up 10% Attack/Down 10% Speed)
Ev Train: Attack & Sp. Attack
Move Set: Outrage, Dragon Dance, Ancient Power, Crunch/Earthquake.
Note: Trying to obtain Larvitar Egg with Outrage, Dragon Dance & Ancient Power. No luck, need some assistance if possible.

Do you need the eggs or do you need to know how to get the moves onto the offspring?

Anyway. Ancient Power is inferior to Rock Slide imo. I would go with the latter, but again, your choice of preference of accuracy or power. I would go with both Crunch and Earthquake, and remove Outrage. It doesn't get STAB and runs off TTar's lower SAtk stat.

Dragonite
Nature: See Tyranitar
Ev Train: See Tyranitar
Move Set: Dragon Dance, Dragon Breath, Dragon Claw, Slam
Note: Trying to obtain Dratini Egg with Dragon Dance and Dragon Breath. No luck, need some assistance if possible.

DragonBreath AND Dragon Claw are redundant. You only need one STAB; go with Dragon Claw for the higher power. If you really want Dragon Dance, go all-out physical with Return, Earthquake and Wing Attack (or mostly physical with one special move there like Ice Beam or Flamethrower).

She can also utilize the SubPunching strategy with Substitute / Focus Punch / Ice Beam / Thunderbolt.

Mewtwo
Nature: Mild (Up 10% Sp. Attack/Down 10% Defense)
Ev Train: Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense & Speed
Move Set: Recover, Psychic, Calm Mind, Earthquake

Mewtwo has so many options I don't even know where to begin. Check Smogon for some ideas on the movesets and see if you like them. Or you could design him based on the rest of your team; see what type coverage you lack and slap them on Mewtwo. My initial thought would be to turn him into s special sweeper with that godly 154 base SAtk, but his Atk stat isn't too shabby either. So... yeah.

Blaziken
Nature: Lonely
Ev Train: Attack & Speed
Move Set: Thunderpunch, Sky Uppercut, Blaze Kick, Slash/Mirror Move

Flamethrower > Blaze Kick. Flamethrower has better Accuracy, higher base power and more PP. Unless you like the higher critical hit ratio that Blaze Kick has. Rock Slide is a better option as well > Slash. Or you can go purely physical with Bulk Up / Rock Slide / Earthquake / Sky Uppercut. Your choice.

Also, What hold items could I have them hold?

i will def take this into consideration.

Raichu: also, thunder wave would be some what pointless due to Raichu having the ability to possibly paralyzing the enemy on a physical move used by my opponent. if Zap Cannon was an option i would have taken that instead of volt tackle and thunderbolt. and yes, im aware i need a light ball for volt tackle. also, i could also purchase thunderbolt from the mauville game corner. so technically i could just evolve pikachu to raichu the minute it evolves from pichu right? or should i hold off?

Tyranitar: what should i replace outrage with?

Dragonite: instead of wing attack what should i take? flamethrower or ice beam?

Mewtwo: where do you see a weakness in my team that i dont have covered that i can put on it??

Blaziken: will take into consideration.

Sunfyre

the Golden
Tyranitar: Crunch, Rock-slide, Ice-beam/Substitute & Toxic (the Sub-Tox-Sandstorm combination should work nicely.)
Raichu: Thunder, Rain-dance, Thunder-wave, Double-Edge/Counter.
Mewtwo: Mist, (if you aren't expecting stats altering moves, Substitute/Thunderbolt/Ice beam,) Rest/w Chesto berry (otherwise recover,) Psychic, Calm mind.
Dragonite: Outrage/w Persim berry (to recover from confusion, otherwise Dragon claw's fine,) Aerial Ace (or Fly if he doesn't have Thunder,) Surf, Flamethrower.
Blaziken: Rock-Tomb, Blaze-kick, Sky-uppercut/brick-break (depending on whether you want power or accuracy.) Thunderpunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.