• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon English VA to retire because of cancer.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Already posted this on the Dub title thread but, still just man, that guy has been through it all and then some. He must get better, he has to.

i'm sorry, I was wondering if anyone else knew which is why I made this thread, I asked a mod to do it, because I didn't want to get in trouble, but they told me to go ahead.

vondecayle

What incredible timing. Just after the end of Ash’s journey.

Rune Knight

He has also been playing Gary since the very start, and his voice is just so iconic.

I am so sorry to hear this. I hope that his treatment goes well and that he makes a full recovery.

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
What incredible timing. Just after the end of Ash’s journey.

Yeah. If anything. it's kind of convenient it's happening now. Coincidence?

IMG_20230420_161300.jpg

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Could be that he had it before and planned to retire after the Ash era ended, cancer doesn't just pop up suddenly

...This is rather creepy. Why do all English VAs for Blue (or a character that vaguely resembles Blue) have to deal with cancer.

Hope for the best here.
Coincidence, why does misfortune keep happening to actors that have been live action Jokers?

Quite unfortunate to hear, did he record the lines for those final episodes before leaving? If not I wonder what they'll do about casting...

RetroPokeFan

Really sad to hear about this.

I know people on here tend to scorn most of his roles but there's no denying that James played a vital part in the dub's production both in and out of the booth and it's crazy to think that he's been a part of the anime since the very beginning. That is some huge dedication indeed.

Gonna miss hearing him and I hope he's able to get well soon.

Red and Blue

While I usually avoid the dubs I was still upset when I found out this morning. I wish him well and hope he manages to overcome this.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
The man is 69 years old, and cancer is essentially inevitable the longer you live, so yes, coincidence.

I also didn't realize his name was also James, or that he'd been voicing Gary and Professor Oak from the start.

iraqmaster

The man is 69 years old, and cancer is essentially inevitable the longer you live, so yes, coincidence.

I also didn't realize his name was also James, or that he'd been voicing Gary and Professor Oak from the start.
Stuart Zagnit was Professor Oak's original Voice Actor..