• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ethina Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtle Master

May's lover!
Hey is it alright if i can help, if I can here's a Dark type Gym Leader
http://i39.*******.com/16219wl.jpg
feel free to say no or edit the sprite.

The head needs moved over a pixel or two. The left arm needs to be thickened as well. Finally the sleeves need better definition.

Shadow Wolf 10

Fear the Wolf
http://i43.*******.com/2z57ldw.png
Does he look better now?

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
I think that the shoulders may be a bit too high. and the fist seems oddly shaped, as if he was swelling up from his allergies(like James Kirk in Star Trek). The torso seems badly shaded, and the shirt's base line is too straight, I think a neck would also be nice to see in this sprite.

Janovy

Banned
New Concepts : ( Comments are welcome)

01. Novae
Type: Light/Flying
Description: A smaller flying bird Pokemon. Its whole body is red, and his wings end with yellow colored strings. In the center of his body there is a small golden sphere from which it fires out attacks. Its head is shaped like triangle and consists out of red, yellow and orange colors.
( I hope this helped. Not very good at descriptions)

02. Florel
Type: Grass
Description: Its whole body is colored with different shades of green. On his head there is a pink flower that resembles a crown. When its happy the flower releases nice smell, but when its sad it releases a bad, stinky smell.

I have a question, will there be form changes?

Pokechuppa

'Bi-bi!'
I think that the shoulders may be a bit too high. and the fist seems oddly shaped, as if he was swelling up from his allergies(like James Kirk in Star Trek). The torso seems badly shaded, and the shirt's base line is too straight, I think a neck would also be nice to see in this sprite.
I agree with everything that has been said about the sprite,
sorry I haven't been as active.
Been looking around for some more spriters, but no luck.
Ofc unless Aquakip would like to help :p
I understand if you don't busy with other projects. :p

Anyway, the sprite itself almost looks like a bit of a Hunchback, with the lack of neck he seems to have haha.

It's pose is very awkward, and i personally don't think that even by shifting his neck to side to side, or what not, will really aid it.

It is very Unique though.
It just lacks Shading, and proportions of the actual body...

I will see if i can give it a couple of tweaks later on :)

New Concepts : ( Comments are welcome)

01. Novae
Type: Light/Flying
Description: A smaller flying bird Pokemon. Its whole body is red, and his wings end with yellow colored strings. In the center of his body there is a small golden sphere from which it fires out attacks. Its head is shaped like triangle and consists out of red, yellow and orange colors.
( I hope this helped. Not very good at descriptions)

02. Florel
Type: Grass
Description: Its whole body is colored with different shades of green. On his head there is a pink flower that resembles a crown. When its happy the flower releases nice smell, but when its sad it releases a bad, stinky smell.

I have a question, will there be form changes?
Yes I will be having some different forms of Pokemon :)

Although the Concepts themselves sound quite good.
Novae sounds similar to Flertil... With its Gem that shoots out attacks.
And I mean, what kind of Animal is Florel,
I'm liking the ideas, its just. I need a tiny bit of an idea what they look like. Even a sketch or something..

I imagine Florel maybe like a Lion? Wolf?
Cause that's kind of like Taibra... almost...

~ P x

MikeTheBattler

I am not much of a proffesional spriter, but if there's any little jobs that need doing, then give me a shout - I have no projects and plenty of free time :)

Janovy

Banned
magmoth.png

01. Magmoth
Type: Bug/Grass
Evolves from: Metapod - Moss Rock
Dex Entry: With its magnificent wings it spreads pollen all around the grass fields causing flower to grow.

What do you say?

Pokechuppa

'Bi-bi!'
I am not much of a proffesional spriter, but if there's any little jobs that need doing, then give me a shout - I have no projects and plenty of free time :)
Well yeah sure.
Maybe you could show me some of your work?
Pm me or something?

magmoth.png

01. Magmoth
Type: Bug/Grass
Evolves from: Metapod - Moss Rock
Dex Entry: With its magnificent wings it spreads pollen all around the grass fields causing flower to grow.

What do you say?
As creative as it is,
what exactly can it do that Butterfree/Beedrill can't already?
It seems to me, its a nasty Butterfree who bred with a Beedrills tail...
I don't really see what difference it would really make.
Maybe try doing Pokemon, that could do with an evolution,
although I do agree, there needs to be more Pokemon that evolve at Moss Rock.

Oh, and I gave Jojo's Aroma ball a bit of an edit..
And like you know, when I edit stuff it usually ends up something completely different...
http://i42.*******.com/fdghop.png
I don't know what type of ball it could be? Maybe still the Aroma ball.
I was just trying out colours.

What do you all think?
Suggestions on colours?

:)
~ P x

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
http://i42.*******.com/fdghop.png You should pick this one. The name suits to it the best.

And about the sprite....maybe you could edit it a little so it looks different. I made this one less in 30 seconds.

Pokechuppa

'Bi-bi!'
http://i42.*******.com/fdghop.png You should pick this one. The name suits to it the best.

And about the sprite....maybe you could edit it a little so it looks different. I made this one less in 30 seconds.
Pick what one?
You just posted them all again.
It needs ALOT of editing.
We are talking about the Moth thing right?

~ P x

Janovy

Banned

Pick what one?
You just posted them all again.
It needs ALOT of editing.
We are talking about the Moth thing right?

~ P x

I said the pink one. You should read more carefully. Yes we are, but if you don't want to, I will try to make another one.

Pokechuppa

'Bi-bi!'
I said the pink one. You should read more carefully. Yes we are, but if you don't want to, I will try to make another one.
No... you posted them all,
and said that i should pick this one...

Well for starters its not even a sprite...

• Left wing doesnt match the right wing.
  • Has it got 3 eyes?
  • Is that some kind of Needle on its tail?
  • I'm not quite seeing how its a moth?

And i'm not trying to be horrible, but the fact you say you made it in less than 30 seconds...
Well it certainly shows.

~ P x

Janovy

Banned
What do you say about Missingno?
000.png

01. MisingNo
Type: ???
Unknown Pokemon
Pokedex Entry: MissingNo is currently unknown type of Pokemon. It was created as a result of many experiments.

000G.png

02. MissingNo
Type: Ghost
Ghost Pokemon
Pokedex Entry: Being enveloped by an invisible ghost auras, this strange Pokemon obtained an shape of a strange ghost creature.

000A.png

03. MissingNo
Type: Flying
Fossil Pokemon
Pokedex Entry: MissingNo morphed with a fossil of an air Pokemon to create an entirely new body.

What do you say? Those would be just form changes.

tomthepom

i vote the pink one, anyway a new bug line would be pretty cool, and those missingno.'s are all just rips from red and blue

Janovy

Banned
i vote the pink one, anyway a new bug line would be pretty cool, and those missingno.'s are all just rips from red and blue

Did I say those sprites were mine. NO! You can found them on every Pokemon web-site. I just thought that it would be nice to have a Pokemon like that in the game.

Last edited:

Aeron

Bum Eyes
Thats a lot of effort in that. Love Pokemon sprites and the story you have crafted around them, good luck with it.

Pokechuppa

'Bi-bi!'
What do you say about Missingno?
000.png

01. MisingNo
Type: ???
Unknown Pokemon
Pokedex Entry: MissingNo is currently unknown type of Pokemon. It was created as a result of many experiments.

000G.png

02. MissingNo
Type: Ghost
Ghost Pokemon
Pokedex Entry: Being enveloped by an invisible ghost auras, this strange Pokemon obtained an shape of a strange ghost creature.

000A.png

03. MissingNo
Type: Flying
Fossil Pokemon
Pokedex Entry: MissingNo morphed with a fossil of an air Pokemon to create an entirely new body.

What do you say? Those would be just form changes.
I would like to have a Missingno.
But if i were, i'd make a brand new sprite for it. Not to use one from R/B

I like the pink one.
I'm going to dull its colours down a bit though..

Thats a lot of effort in that. Love Pokemon sprites and the story you have crafted around them, good luck with it.
Thankyou :)
Be sure to rate, and check the thread out every now and again.
All C+C is welcome :D

~ P x

MikeTheBattler

Well yeah sure.
Maybe you could show me some of your work?
Pm me or something?

Well ok :p

ShinyHorse-1.png

The Fire Version of Cielaon :) It's a simple recolour, but it's quite detailed, although shadow isn't a major concern when it comes to fire.

I'm working on some more as we speak, I'm giving you a varied selection, of Pokeball Edits, new items, and hopefully more :)

I'm very commited to helping the Ethina region. I can do maps too :D
Also, I couldn't help noticing your intrest in Missingno, so would you like me to make a revamp for you? And if so, which of the 3 Missingno models should I use? It'd be good as another project to test my 'spriting' skills

Thanks a lot!

Pokechuppa

'Bi-bi!'
Well ok :p

ShinyHorse-1.png

The Fire Version of Cielaon :) It's a simple recolour, but it's quite detailed, although shadow isn't a major concern when it comes to fire.

I'm working on some more as we speak, I'm giving you a varied selection, of Pokeball Edits, new items, and hopefully more :)

I'm very commited to helping the Ethina region. I can do maps too :D
Also, I couldn't help noticing your intrest in Missingno, so would you like me to make a revamp for you? And if so, which of the 3 Missingno models should I use? It'd be good as another project to test my 'spriting' skills

Thanks a lot!
Oh, um thankyou.
I wasn't actually looking for a Fire Version of Cielaon, although I was going to make its other form..
But it was going to be a bit more different, than a recolour..

Some advise for the recolour though,
try not to use MS Paints default colours.
Try getting some colours off other things, or even making your own.

Although I like people getting on with their own things,
I'd prefer it if you spoke to me and told me what you were doing, rather than taking it upon yourself, and doing anything.
Maybe you could show me some work before you take on projects :/

Missingno, is going to be taking a whole new look
I won't be revamping anything.
Missingno will have its own individual sprite.

And i'm not doing maps anymore.
People keep saying about it but just to recap.
I lost everything on my computer a little while back.
and for me to continue making maps and everything, id have to remap everything i've already done and then put them onto my program that I was making Pokemon Ethina with...
And i dont have the time or the patience to do that right now.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Please pm me your work and we can talk about projects and that via there :) to save spam in the thread.

~ P x

MikeTheBattler

Oh right sorry... I'll PM you from now on - and I didn't use MS colours. I edited them from R, B and G to make my own. But for something like fire, the basic colours don't need to be edited much, as it's just variations of red, yellow and orange.

Also, I'm not taking up any projects or anything, sorry if I seemed like I was. I'm just trying to work on getting some things to show you. Like I said, I'm not a proffesional spriter, but I can do some good images. I'm doing some scratches right now.

I know that this isn't going to be some online game (or not for a while) and I'm not trying to overhaul anything or take it too seriously, but it'd be nice to be part of a community of showcasing new pokemon :)

I'll inform you when doing something, but I won't jump into anything big without permission :)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.