• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Evolutions: Series of shorts

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Great episode today. My favorite of the show. But then, I'm biased towards Gen 5

Finally an animated adaptation that pays respect to Team Plasma and lets Hilda/Touko appear for once. Man if only the anime had kept the Plasma storyline like it originally was, like they had a chance to pit Ash in another ideological clash and yet it went to waste

Conceptually it's a good idea but I'm not sure N would work in the context of the anime. The way that world had always been presented, N's conflict and ideals would sound a bit too... nonsensical? I mean, we've had several episodes showing how the average joe in that world loves and respect Pokémon, so it'd be hard to sell N. The games allow for more flexibility since the NPC are mostly generic.

In the end, I like the compromise the anime did. I think they did a good work on getting the main points of the character while adding some fun twists, like he being able to figure out there was something fishy about Ghetsis.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Conceptually it's a good idea but I'm not sure N would work in the context of the anime. The way that world had always been presented, N's conflict and ideals would sound a bit too... nonsensical? I mean, we've had several episodes showing how the average joe in that world loves and respect Pokémon, so it'd be hard to sell N. The games allow for more flexibility since the NPC are mostly generic.

In the end, I like the compromise the anime did. I think they did a good work on getting the main points of the character while adding some fun twists, like he being able to figure out there was something fishy about Ghetsis.
We do have trainers like Damien and Shamus who prove that N wasn't entirely irrational in believing humans were abusing Pokemon. Plus Ghetsis' got N to believe in his ideals by showing him only abused Pokemon by humans and nothing more, plus NPCs in the games weren't really any "better" or "bad" than in the anime

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
20/10

Alder getting to be a badass instead of a joke(Shame Journeys didn't even attempt to redeem him by giving him a battle)
Ghetsis being Ghetsis, BW 1 Cheren!
It was amazing!

Just wish Hilbert got as much screentime as Hilda did instead of a single second silhouette. He's the only good male character design apart from Jimmy/Ethan -_-

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Big disagree. Like @DankOverlord pointed above we already had bad trainers that can counter this point and heck N in the anime already was disdainful towards trainers having mons, wouldnt have minded a more cohesive philosphical arc like in the games, heck Ash didnt even need to catch Zekrom it could have been like Nebby. It would have shown Ash's growth mentally as a successor to DP and the philosphical clash between Ash and N could have rivalled a rivalry on the likes of Ash and Paul
So this is where the good animators went. Just about everyone missing from JN was here.
This is my fav episode dont get me wrong and I love it.....but was it animation really that impressive? Some parts of Alder and N were amazing but overall it was nothing special and Ghetsis was drawn weirdly in many frames

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Yay Hilda. Its a shame she couldn't appear in the anime and that we got stuck with Ash forgetting how to capture a Pokemon and forgetting what happens when he captures a Pokemon when he already has a full team as well as losing to a beginning trainer in their first several battles.
And also Team Plasma in the main anime was such a disappointment compared to the original Team Plasma shown here :(

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Yay Hilda. Its a shame she couldn't appear in the anime and that we got stuck with Ash forgetting how to capture a Pokemon and forgetting what happens when he captures a Pokemon when he already has a full team as well as losing to a beginning trainer in their first several battles.
And also Team Plasma in the main anime was such a disappointment compared to the original Team Plasma shown here :(
Heck B2W2 Team Plasma isnt anything special and still the anime failed to match up to them

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Heck B2W2 Team Plasma isnt anything special and still the anime failed to match up to them
Ghetsis' whole plan falling apart when Reshiram got broken free of his control was so laughable because Ghetsis managed to be even wimpier than Archie and Maxie. They didn't even adapt his OP Hydreigon which is a crime against Pokemon and humanity

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Ghetsis' whole plan falling apart when Reshiram got broken free of his control was so laughable because Ghetsis managed to be even wimpier than Archie and Maxie. They didn't even adapt his OP Hydreigon which is a crime against Pokemon and humanity
Heck at the very least they could have used Kyurem instead to go full on B2W2 instead of the lame Reshiram. TP in the anime is a complete mess, N was still a good character in the anime but his story is such wasted potential

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
This is my fav episode dont get me wrong and I love it.....but was it animation really that impressive? Some parts of Alder and N were amazing but overall it was nothing special and Ghetsis was drawn weirdly in many frames
I feel the same way about all of the Evolutions episodes so far, but I was referring to the animators themselves and not the animation quality. Most of the talent from XY/SM showed up here.

Pokemon Power

And now it's time for the one month hiatus. The only reason I think they chose to do this is because the next episode, which is set in Sinnoh, has spoilers relating to a potential new feature in Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
We do have trainers like Damien and Shamus who prove that N wasn't entirely irrational in believing humans were abusing Pokemon. Plus Ghetsis' got N to believe in his ideals by showing him only abused Pokemon by humans and nothing more, plus NPCs in the games weren't really any "better" or "bad" than in the anime
Still, those two feel more like an exception that confirms the rule. How many of them have we seen? Outside of team goons (Rockets, Plasmas, you name it)? And how much the amount of the few abusive jerks compares with the amount of lovey-dovey CotDs we had?

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Still, those two feel more like an exception that confirms the rule. How many of them have we seen? Outside of team goons (Rockets, Plasmas, you name it)? And how much the amount of the few abusive jerks compares with the amount of lovey-dovey CotDs we had?
I mean we see even more abusive trainers than in the games (besides Gen I games were 90% of the NPCs were assholes)

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I feel like the games are more "open" in regards to not everyone being nice while the anime, past the early Shudo years, have been all about, everyone either adores their pokémon or treat them very well.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Even the relatively few abusive Trainers used as COTD almost always redeem themselves by then end of the episode. Maybe the anime uses a plot where Plasma is already in control and Ash helps to convince N otherwise?

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Yeah, the whole liberation thing was always iffy since the Show almost goes out of its way to make people and Pokemon great and wonderful friends. Even times there is friction between a person and their Pokemon is solved by the end of the episode.

They COULD have found a way around that by saying that people and Pokemon weren't so close in Isshu. Though considering how things turned out, it doesn't seem like it would've mattered anyway... :(

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
BW was basically a sin for what the anime stood for that the anime didn't want to adapt (that and the writing quality was above theirs, even with just DP), which ended up as a complete trash pile of very strange decisions in the anime version that they surely breathed a sigh of relief when B2W2's story was much less serious (other than freezing Opelucid City completely) to adapt.