• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Evolutions: Series of shorts

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
What a nice episode. I haven't really been impressed with Evolutions besides the Unova and Hoenn episodes, but this one blew me away. The art direction was ABSOLUTELY STUNNING. The colours, lighting, backgrounds, compositing, and storyboarding were all so beautiful *chef's kiss*. The warm colours and godly lighting created such an inviting atmosphere. Exactly how I've always envisioned the Pokemon world. This almost made me want to boot up Let's Go Eevee and go on another adventure. Storywise, I found this episode to be the most enjoyable with its linear and engaging plot in place of the jumbled mess of flashbacks belonging to previous episodes. I like that this took a different approach by adapting the Let's Go games instead of rehashing Origins. It was nice to see Green and the LGPE protagonists take the spotlight instead of the usual Red and Blue combo. The breathtaking visuals coupled with the storytelling really made me appreciate this episode.

I really wish the main anime would be more like this. The character designs manage to be even more bouncy and loose than SM and JN but without the respective problems of those designs. I'd love to see the next series adapt this art style. I've always wanted a reboot in the form of a Let's Go-style series (preferably without the GO catches), so this only fuels that desire. In one episode, Evolutions has done a better job at adapting the games and showing off the Pokemon world than over 20 years of the anime. What a breath of fresh air. The reason I got into the anime again in the first place was due to SM's atmosphere and worldbuilding, so I'm going insane over this. I WANT MORE. This is the best early Christmas Present I could have asked for. This is truly a love letter to Pokemon fans.

NeoDude-5000

OK New Year's Eve, 2022 is upon us, and I just watched all of the episodes while waiting for midnight (still waiting as of writing this). So here's my order from best to worst.
  1. The Wish
  2. The Discovery
  3. The Plan
  4. The Show
  5. The Eclipse
  6. The Rival
  7. The Champion
  8. The Visionary
Now to wait for 2026's anniversary shorts. Look it will happen alright.