• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Evolutions: Series of shorts

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Everybody look at Cinderace and Hop! So cute!

index.php
index.php

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
The worldbuilding alone takes the cake. Seeing a fully fledged and superbly depicted Wyndon City was so damn pleasing to the eyes. It's an insult that AniPoke has failed at worldbuilding for an overwhelming majority.

Leon also feels like a real human being who has his own insecurities under all that unbeatable exterior that's formed around him. You actually feel that Leon may realistically have a chance of losing.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
What is the next ep about?
It’s called “The Eclipse.” It looks like it features Lillie and Selene.

According to Bulbapedia, the English version will be released on September 23rd.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
What is the next ep about?

The next episode is "The Eclipse" on Sept 23rd, so most likely Lilly's story. In the trailers we see Lusamine's AF battle and most likely the protag and Lilly facing her in Ultra Space since we also see them at the Altar of the Sunne/Munne

EDIT: Ninja'd

Anyways I liked this short, Wyndon shot, Charizard blocking and Eternatus being caught were stand out scenes for me.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
The next episode is "The Eclipse" on Sept 23rd, so most likely Lilly's story. In the trailers we see Lusamine's AF battle and most likely the protag and Lilly facing her in Ultra Space since we also see them at the Altar of the Sunne/Munne

EDIT: Ninja'd

Anyways I liked this short, Wyndon shot, Charizard blocking and Eternatus being caught were stand out scenes for me.
You realize Necrozma was in the trailer, right?

It's going to go Ultra's route.

colomb

I wonder if they are going to continue to alternate between using male and female characters from the games. So far it looks like;

Kanto -Green
Johto -
Hoenn - May
Sinnoh -
Unova -
Kalos - Calem
Alola - Selene
Galar - Victor

Ethan, Lucas and Hilda could be the remaining characters.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
One of themes of SWSH is "succession", and that's clearly what has Leon so down. He technically didn't lose to Eternatus, but had to watch Victor and Hop defeat and catch it while he was too injured to help. His Champion time is at its end and someone new is going to take over and he doesn't know how to deal with that.
Pokemon-Masters-EX-Sygna-Suit-Leon-Eternatus-498x1024.jpg

Succession my ***.

pardusco

"The oppression of Poké Balls."
The worldbuilding alone takes the cake. Seeing a fully fledged and superbly depicted Wyndon City was so damn pleasing to the eyes. It's an insult that AniPoke has failed at worldbuilding for an overwhelming majority.

Leon also feels like a real human being who has his own insecurities under all that unbeatable exterior that's formed around him. You actually feel that Leon may realistically have a chance of losing.
Twilight Wings and this episode have done a better job at representing Galar than the SWSH games and 79 episodes of Journeys so far. This was phenomenal stuff and I am so excited to see how they work with Lillie, since she is one of my favorite characters from the games. I am kinda disappointed with the length, but I think it was reasonable in this episode when considering how little material from the game they had to work with.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
This episode in a nutshell: Leon has a existential crisis about realizing he’s meant to be temporary obstacle to the main character and their plot armor.

Really enjoyed this episode. When I first saw Leon, I thought he’d be an empty character who was a blatant joke of a Pokémon fan. Now he’s probably top 3 Champions for me. The games don’t delve much into how his character feels about being succeeded until the aftermath of the post game. The most he gets is his losing animation where he clutches his hat in frustration so it’s nice to see they delve into that. Charizard assuring him was cute too.

Constantly flipping back and forth on the Eternatus fight (which looked cool given that it did more than hover and screech) and right before the Championship fight was a good decision. The contrast between Leon’s frustration with getting the dreaded 3 shakes with the Pokéball and how Victor got it while having the sun shine soon afterwards is a nice way to show the upcoming shift to the Championship title. While I find the build up to the Darkest Day to be pretty underwhelming, I do like that it’s the climax for both Leon and the MC before they step down from/become Champion.

This really makes me wish we’d have gotten a Galar anime over Journeys.

Btw did anyone see the Pikachu in the stands that had the hats of both Victor & Gloria?

elrato

This was pretty weak. No stand out moments animation-wise, mostly a dry repeat of what we saw happen in the game already. Closest to fun in this was seeing a Polteageist drinking soda in the audience. Then again the writing in SwSh is so weak that you couldn't really expect much unless they told a brand new story like Twilight Wings did.

LazySpy

Kimty
This was pretty weak. No stand out moments animation-wise, mostly a dry repeat of what we saw happen in the game already. Closest to fun in this was seeing a Polteageist drinking soda in the audience. Then again the writing in SwSh is so weak that you couldn't really expect much unless they told a brand new story like Twilight Wings did.
Well, hey, at least Leon's depression is built on logicall progression and doesn't rely on him making nonsensicall decisions because him being able to endure body trauma somehow means he'd make bad choices that go against his character.

Last edited: