• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Evolutions: Series of shorts

Red and Blue

I absolutely love this animation. If the ever do a Legends miniseries please animate it with that style. I didn't even mind the Grey skies at the beginning since it's done better here than in the main series

elrato

Well, hey, at least Leon's depression is built on logicall progression and doesn't rely on him making nonsensicall decisions because him being able to endure body trauma somehow means he'd make bad choices that go against his character.
I don't particularly know what you are refering to with that second part of your post. Can you explain to me?

Kungfu-Bear

It wasn't easy to find this topic somehow. My thoughts on Episode #01: The Champion:

Pros:
+ Decent animation, Generations-level
+ Good facial expressions, demonstrating emotions and issues without having to use words
+ Charizard has a badass look here just like in Origins, very intimidating
+ Interaction between Charizard and Leon was decent (although kinda lazy or rushed idk), especially when Zard cheered him up
+ Just like in Twilight Wings, they showed a facet of Leon that I didn't expect to know (he seems lacking confidence before attempting to defend his title against Victor because of how Victor was able to handle Eternatus while Leon could not do so)

Neutrals:
+- Black Victor lol

Cons:
- Soundtrack is just not so good, sounds like some generic western background music. It doesn't provoke any emotion
- A little weird art, Leon for instance looks 10 years older here. What's wrong with his noise?
- Charizard with it's official size
- Is Leon really "the greatest Pokémon Champion Galar has known"? (official statement) Wasn't it Mustard?
- They basically just animated the battle scene against Eternatus from Sword & Shield, it didn't bring anything new or thought-provoking

Hope next episodes will do better, I'm hyping some of them.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Honestly, it didn't really wow me. Hope the next one's better.

Animation and music is amazing

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
Not really feeling this one. It was just part of a battle and that's it. I didn't feel engaged at all.
This series looks like it was made by the western side of TPCi with animation from OLM and I don't know how to feel about it. Not a fan of the Goldfarb music.

The thing that surprised me the most was how the animation credits looked like an average Journeys episode by one of the OLM teams. I was expecting some bigger names but it was all series regulars.

EDIT: Hated the designs.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
The thing that surprised me the most was how the animation credits looked like an average Journeys episode by one of the OLM teams. I was expecting some bigger names but it was all series regulars.
I guess this is why it seems they haven't shown up in the main anime for a while. Now I wonder if Iwane has also been working on this. I'm hoping for some Maenami scenes too

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
This first episode was actually sort of lazy. It went by too fast, and I can't help thinking it was mostly about showing Leon looking hot while depressed or defeated.

Also, the art style happened to make Leon's Charizard like a more stylized version of anime!Kiawe's Grandpazard while the rest of the Pokemon...are left in their cute anime designs. It kind of clashes hard with the serious art style for the humans.

Case in point:

index.php

Are we sure Hop didn't steal Goh's Cinderace from another dimension? Wasn't there some sort of way to make the bunny looks stylish than just tossing the anime art style and call it a day?

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
This was just the end of the game only with scenes of Leon being depressed. Nobody cares about him, stop forcing him on us and focus on Marnie and Bede in something already! -_-

Copying the games isn't necessarily bad if it's something already done or the main anime will seemingly never touch(Zinnia :/ ) but we literally had the Eternatus arc not even a year ago! Just feels repetitive...