• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Evolutions: Series of shorts

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Watched this episode 5 hours ago when it was 24 September where I am aka my birthday!
And what better way to celebrate from Pokemon's side then a Evolutions episode focusing on Alola and that too on BEST GIRL Lillie!!!
Okay I immensey enjoyed this short, this was beautifully animated and the character designs were gorgeous. Lillie's voice was really good and her entire story shown here was so good, heart wrenching and a perfect encapsulation of Lusamine and Lillie's complex storyline from the games. Lillie is such a strong and unique character and it was shown here perfectly!! Selene being hidden was funny but ultimately nothing I cared about. The battle between Necrozma and Lunala was top tier and Lillie's last badass look was insanely.....badass. All in all I love this moment from the games and seeing it animated was a treat. Mannnnn I really wish Alola got more episodes, every other region has atleast 4 while Alola has 1
Also, with the main anime and now this, we have Lillie petting Nebby in both forms of animation as a Solgaleo and Lunala <3

My only gripe and complaint about the episode is well....it isnt longer. Knowing how these shorts go I expected it to end at a cliffhanger but I reallllly wish it ended at Ultra Necrozma in that city then here.... I really wish we got to see the URS animated and Lillie going to that city with Solgaleo to combat Necrozma but at the same time I guess the episode length would be stretched too much and this episode wanted to be faithful to the games while still focusing on Lillie! The next part is all Selene so Ill accept it

All in all, better than the last episode, beautiful and an amazing bday gift <3

Remix2

As someone with a narcissistic and emotionally abusive mother, it meant so much to me when GameFreak tackled that theme in the Sun and Moon games. When I realized that the anime was clearly going to cower out of showing off Lusamine's abusive side, I was done. That was the perfect opportunity for the writers to touch on some heavier themes, especially when considering that children are the main victims of this form of abuse. No, the show didn't have to be pure darkness and depression, but it would be so nice if they had the courage to show some of the harder parts of being a child. A lack of autonomy for example, especially for someone like Lillie who lacks the strength and independence of a trainer. Instead, the SM anime chose for Lusamine to be a workaholic, Lillie to be afraid of Pokemon, and for Gladion to be edgy for *reasons*.

I genuinely enjoyed this 8 minute short more than the entirety of the Sun and Moon anime. My only gripes are how short it is and that they did not do the OG Lusamine/Nihilego battle, although I understand that would be harder when considering the time constraints. I would kill for 20 minute episodes of these, even if they came out once a month or every two weeks. In fact, I'd prefer if the anime did that format. 2 high quality episodes every month instead of wasting time and energy on fillers every other week or so, but we all know that ain't gonna happen anytime soon. I know that my opinion on this subject won't be well received here but there aren't too many places to voice my thoughts. I was just so disappointed with how the anime did Lillie's character, that I just dropped SM until the league and went back and watched the Necrozma arc. It felt like GameFreak represented me, but the anime would rather go through the "rainbows and sunshine" route. Seeing the sudden tone shift from and XY to SM was jarring.
IMO the AF Arc deserves the brotherhood treatment since the game version was so much better then the generic one we got from the anime.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
As someone with a narcissistic and emotionally abusive mother, it meant so much to me when GameFreak tackled that theme in the Sun and Moon games. When I realized that the anime was clearly going to cower out of showing off Lusamine's abusive side, I was done. That was the perfect opportunity for the writers to touch on some heavier themes, especially when considering that children are the main victims of this form of abuse. No, the show didn't have to be pure darkness and depression, but it would be so nice if they had the courage to show some of the harder parts of being a child. A lack of autonomy for example, especially for someone like Lillie who lacks the strength and independence of a trainer. Instead, the SM anime chose for Lusamine to be a workaholic, Lillie to be afraid of Pokemon, and for Gladion to be edgy for *reasons*.

I genuinely enjoyed this 8 minute short more than the entirety of the Sun and Moon anime. My only gripes are how short it is and that they did not do the OG Lusamine/Nihilego battle, although I understand that would be harder when considering the time constraints. I would kill for 20 minute episodes of these, even if they came out once a month or every two weeks. In fact, I'd prefer if the anime did that format. 2 high quality episodes every month instead of wasting time and energy on fillers every other week or so, but we all know that ain't gonna happen anytime soon. I know that my opinion on this subject won't be well received here but there aren't too many places to voice my thoughts. I was just so disappointed with how the anime did Lillie's character, that I just dropped SM until the league and went back and watched the Necrozma arc. It felt like GameFreak represented me, but the anime would rather go through the "rainbows and sunshine" route. Seeing the sudden tone shift from and XY to SM was jarring.
The SM games kind of back tracked on the topic and had Lillie lovingly go back to her mother in the end and the SM games only told us about what might have made Lusamine a nutjob, instead of showing us.

Her turnaround came out of nowhere and Lillie was going to leave her support system to bail her mom out of a chemical mess she is in?!

Don't you think that's a screwed up conclusion?

The anime still showed Lusamine a lousy mother, gave us a reason to care that our heroes are trying to save her and a lot of episodes focusing on the Aether Family afterwards is some wholesome stuff.

Evolution was focusing on the Ultra games, so the Nihilego stuff was going to be out regardless, but it still show cased a LOT of things that was going on with Lusamine even in Ultra. (Voice acting and better animation can do that.)

Remix2

Also grumza also deserves the brotherhood treatment because his background from the game should have been in the anime.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Also grumza also deserves the brotherhood treatment because his background from the game should have been in the anime.
But on the other hand, we got to see Guzma stand on his own as an actual villain. (Small scale as it is.)

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
I found the dubbed Evolutions episodes, but does anyone know where I can find the subbed versions? I refuse to watch the dub.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I found the dubbed Evolutions episodes, but does anyone know where I can find the subbed versions? I refuse to watch the dub.

Just out of curiousity, why?

Teravolt

masdog

The dub, with the exception of Iris’ and Meowth’s voices, is atrocious.
They have a different set of VAs for Evolution. It’s not using the regular anime voices.

Teravolt

They have a different set of VAs for Evolution. It’s not using the regular anime voices.
Still. I’d rather listen to the sub.

Remix2

But on the other hand, we got to see Guzma stand on his own as an actual villain. (Small scale as it is.)
I do like grumza was a stand alone villain instead of a right hand man, but I just wish his motivation was better in the anime other then he lost that one time to kukui.
By brotherhood i’m assuming you’re talking about fullmetal alchemist brotherhood?
yes

masdog

I do like grumza was a stand alone villain instead of a right hand man, but I just wish his motivation was better in the anime other then he lost that one time to kukui.
I think he lost to Kukui more than one time. As in…he could never beat Kukui.