• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Evolutions: Series of shorts

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
People say this was rushed, when in truth this is the real Pokemon experience. One-shotting Lysandre with Xerneas is faithful to the source material.

It's so funny that Serena's face is totally visible but Calem's isn't. This is the Player's Curse at work.

Anyhow, this could have had some more stuff in it, though.

Last edited:

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
It was enjoyable. I guess I didn't enjoy it quite as much because I haven't played to that point in XY yet. But I don't have any major issues with it.

I'm OK with the only battle scene being Xerneas OHKOing a Mega. These are more character-driven stories, so the battles should take a back seat to other storytelling.
It was ok, but I couldn’t get over how ugly they made Diantha look. It was the same problem I had with Cheryl & Cynthia in Generations when they made them look too sexy
Yeah. I'm not a fan of the art-style there. It feels like they went out of their way to make her look old-but-trying-to-look-young. And it just comes off...weird.
They didn’t even get appearance right though. Rival serena has a ponytail and no hat.
I think they went for the appearance that most people would recognize.
She's...

She's a movie star

How many popular female movie stars aren't drop-dead gorgeous everywhere they go because if they weren't people wouldn't watch their movies?
A lot of stars go out in public without makeup. They don't need it to go grocery shopping, drop the kids off at school, or run to Starbucks.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

Red and Blue

Like the previous episode it was fine for what it was. Though I think I enjoyed the Generations Lysandre episode from a few years ago a lot more.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Yeah. I'm not a fan of the art-style there. It feels like they went out of their way to make her look old-but-trying-to-look-young. And it just comes off...weird.
I think for me it was mainly because of the lips. They felt a little off-putting on Diantha specifically since she’s alsways drawn with (what looks like) a small mouth, but it felt as if they slapped a large pair of lips on her to make her look like Joan Rivers

Last edited:

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Am I the only one bothered by Diantha's overly dolled-up/Moe-face appearance? She had a perfect character design in XY, why was there any need to add anything extra to that?

Hell, even Generations had a decent version.

800px-Diantha_PG.png
Well, she is supposed to be a famous Actress as well, so it doesn't really look that odd on her

Kungfu-Bear

About The Visionary
(+) Serena looked dope in this artstyle
(+) I actually like the "faceless" protagonists, it's a nice touch of impersonality indicating that it's the playable character
(+) Nice visuals

(-) Diantha's face is kinda off
(-) This episode should have explained Lysandre's motives and intentions better and more thoroughly. I thought more complete exposition of Lysandre's thoughts would have helped the episode not feel so drawn out IMO.

Tbh, if this is how Evolutions is going to continue, I may actually prefer Generations. There’s a lot of seconds dragged out in these three episodes, and it doesn’t really feel like we’re getting that much more content per installment than we were in Generations, even though they were shorter episodes. They're adapting bits of the game story but the episodes are drawn out too much to fulfill that purpose, so they just feel longer than need to be and more boring than should be. I feel Generations was a lot more condensed. I hope OLM brings something new to the adapted stories in the upcoming episodes.

RetroPokeFan

Well, what do you know?

An Evolutions episode I can say is my favourite as of now and an Evolutions episode that isn't too bad with the VA for once aside from Anthea and Concordia who sound really stiff.

Shame Chris Hackney only has one whole line as N because I could see him being a good fit with more dialogue.

Speaking of which:

Cast -

Ghetsis - Armen Taylor
N - Chris Hackney
Alder - Andrew Eales
Anthea/Young N - Brittany Lauda
Concordia - Dani Artaud