• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Evolutions: Series of shorts

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
What the original BW saga should’ve been. Too bad reboots of anime sagas are out of the question.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Finally an animated adaptation that pays respect to Team Plasma and lets Hilda/Touko appear for once. Man if only the anime had kept the Plasma storyline like it originally was, like they had a chance to pit Ash in another ideological clash and yet it went to waste

pardusco

"The oppression of Poké Balls."
They seriously need to stop blue-balling me with this stuff! This was the best Evolutions short they have released so far, which isn't surprising when considering how good the Unova story is. I loved how they showed off events that we know occurred in the games, but were not there to witness. Ghetsis adopting N, N befriending the legendary dragon, and Alder battling N.

This is also the only Evolutions short so far in which the protagonist's face can be seen clearly. It's cool how they chose Hilda as the protag and Zekrom as the dragon, rather than Hilbert and Reshiram.

It is such a shame that we will likely never get a reboot of a Unova anime. I think it would be the best game story to retell in an animated format. Unova got done so dirty in the anime :'(

Pokemon Power

What the original BW saga should’ve been. Too bad reboots of anime sagas are out of the question.
Finally an animated adaptation that pays respect to Team Plasma and lets Hilda/Touko appear for once. Man if only the anime had kept the Plasma storyline like it originally was, like they had a chance to pit Ash in another ideological clash and yet it went to waste
They seriously need to stop blue-balling me with this stuff! This was the best Evolutions short they have released so far, which isn't surprising when considering how good the Unova story is. I loved how they showed off events that we know occurred in the games, but were not there to witness. Ghetsis adopting N, N befriending the legendary dragon, and Alder battling N.

This is also the only Evolutions short so far in which the protagonist's face can be seen clearly. It's cool how they chose Hilda as the protag and Zekrom as the dragon, rather than Hilbert and Reshiram.

It is such a shame that we will likely never get a reboot of a Unova anime. I think it would be the best game story to retell in an animated format. Unova got done so dirty in the anime :'(
Blame the 2011 quake and tsunami.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Ghetsis is such a whatever character that I can’t help but not care whenever he shows up. Did like that they showed the intro to BW with younger N in the forest and him being crowned as Plasma’s king. Kind of wish we saw Hilda & N interact a bit. N’s body language really sells his image as a misguided outsider well. Oveall ok episode but this and the Kalos one were a step down from the Alola & Galar episodes.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
This was easily the best one so far. It gave a deeper look into the characters like the galar and kalos one, and had a good action set piece like the alolan one.

I do wonder if they just forgot to shadow hilda’s face at the earlier part or something, since she gets the same old no face treatment when she faces ghetsis and N.

Ignition

I'd argue this is a step-up from the utterly downgraded Alola episode, the Galar one was eish too since Twilight Wings did everything it set out to do better.
Not sure how the Alola one was downgraded. All of these episodes suffer from being extremely tight on time but the first 2 handled it the best imo. Twilight Wings focused on a separate part of Leon’s character compared to Evolutions (as well as having the benefit of having multiple episodes as opposed to Evolution’s 1 per region) so not seeing how it did it better.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Bad parents work as great villains in such a way that no kind of "I will destroy the world" egocentric maniacs will be able to match.

Best episode so far (not that it was possible to drop below the Kalos episode)

Also, Hilda rep! I guess it'll be Lucas, May, Ethan, and maybe Leaf if the pattern continues.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
This episode actually wasn't bad like the previous two, to the point that makes someone wonder why they need to obscure Hilda's face when we actually almost got a good shot of her face at the start.

Oh, and just for fun, here is a bit more of backstory when N defeated Alder and why the defeat was legitimate.

Technically it was also due to the announcement of BW2.
And overall writing incompetence.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
And across the Internet, one could hear the collective screams of "OMG HILDAAAAHH!!1!"

Go figure the longest Evolutions short yet is the best. And always a pleasure to get more Team Plasma. And hey, they actually DID something Alder this time!

Between this and Generations, the B2W2 Promo short, and even the Gotcha music video, I REALLY wish we could get an AU series for Isshu...

Last edited:

pardusco

"The oppression of Poké Balls."
And across the Internet, one could hear the collective screams of "OMG HILDAAAAHH!!1!"

Go figure the longest Evolutions short yet is the best. And always a pleasure to get more Team Plasma. And hey, they actually DID something Alder this time!

Between this and Generations, the B2W2 Promo short, and even the Gotcha music video, I REALLY wish we could get an AU series for Isshu...
I'm holding out for the gen 5 remakes sometime in the distant future. I feel like Unova has the only plot from the games that could be copy and pasted into a animated format successfully.

Ignition

Rewatching it I somewhat take back what I said. Still feels a bit weaker than Alola & Galar’s (would’ve take a B2W2 centered around Iris becoming Champion instead) but it’s still solid and a step up from Kalos’s.

Nice detail is if you look at the scene with N in his room, you can see Rare Candies on the ramp. You can also find one in the exact same spot in game.

Love the Team Plasma storyline. Awesome episode.