• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Evolutions: Series of shorts

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Man, those Starly were out for BLOOD!

I am not used to serious Barry, or his voice (Erik Kimerer fits him better in Masters), or his sudden fixation to beat his dad when he never said anything like that...or ever before the Battle Tower.

As you can tell, this is an OLM production due to giving Torterra the middle finger over Empoleon and Infernape.

Wish it was that easy to just walk into the Battle Tower and fight Palmer right away.

BARRY!!!

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Yeah...after the Isshu episode, this is a step down for several reasons...

I would deal with the shorter length if it weren't for the pacing issues. Especially since the battles were a bunch of OHKOs. THIS is why characters tell Pokemon to dodge in the TV Show, folks! Turn based battles ONLY work in a video game (and even then games aren't using them as much as they used to).

Likewise, Barry being a stiff and obsessed with defeating his dad just doesn't mesh. I was all for him being depicted different after the Show turned made him an obnoxious comic relief idiot loser (and the English Dub made things worse)...but going from one extreme to another might not have been such a good idea...

I just hope and pray to Arceus they do our girl better next week. After all these year rotting in the Not-Animated Gulag, Zinnia deserves better...

I bet his battle in this is gonna be a copy paste from Pokémon origins

Hell, one the concept paintings even has Mega-Blastoise... [sick]

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Meh.
Certainly better than the Galar one but a massive step down in comparison to the Unova one. I don't know why but I thought today was Zinnia's day, guess the remakes confused me...

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Underwhelming episode. The episode had pacing issues, and the cuts from the present to the past felt odd, poorly timed, and ultimately disconnected from the story they were trying to tell.

I get where they were trying to go with this, and I actually like the idea. But the execution really dragged this one down.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
An unpopular opinion, but the fact they made the boring hyperactive at all times Barry, toned down as they focused on his relationship with his dad and his motives for being a trainer and his story after beaten by Jupiter, makes him actually interesting for once and a POV I'm happy to see
Honestly, Generations covered Sinnoh pretty well too along with DP anime. We had the heatran plot done, a SoL old chateau horror story, Team Galactic in Platinum, there wasn't really anything much. This imo felt like a perfect tease for BDSP as well
The character designs and animations was GORGEOUS here, like really Barry and Lucas looked so good and the battle against Palmer was amazing. Also Jupiter looked really, really hot, esp when she beat Barry, girlboss right there
I liked how it's a go through of sinnohs journey (When Cyrus was using Dialga to distort time the animation then too was stunning) from a POV of a character who was quite boring to me in the games, giving him actual depth as we explore his relationship against Palmer.