• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon 'fainting' in 6th generation

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Nearly all fighting types got epic animations, psychic and ghost types are good as well.

Like many, I think Archeops' fainting animation is nothing short of hilarious. Hes flapping on for dear life. Its the only one that is distinctly stupid, most of the rest are fine. I like some of the ghost types fainting though eg. Aegislash

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Like many, I think Archeops' fainting animation is nothing short of hilarious. Hes flapping on for dear life. Its the only one that is distinctly stupid,

I find Aurorus' to be particularly hilarious. It just keels over. Talk about stupid!

Dragonair7

Feelin' the heat?
Yeah but Amuara is adorable so...
Klefki looks hilarious though. Way to drop the ball...er..keys.
I don't like how Ferrothorn has a spinning animation in BW, but is completely stoic in gen. 6. When it faints, it does nothing!

I feel bad when some of the pokemon faint.
Like Pikachu's cry make me sad, and I feel guilty when one of my own pokemon faint. I wanna go and give them a hug

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
When Houndour faints, it looks like it would say " I'm sorry that i let you down". It looks kinda sad, it looks like he's disappoinment on itself.

fitzy909

Just another guy
When Houndour faints, it looks like it would say " I'm sorry that i let you down". It looks kinda sad, it looks like he's disappoinment on itself.

It does and every time one faints it makes me feel bad for it fainting.

Tonguetyd

Funny how Swinub and Gulpin just stop moving completely, then shrink.
Looks like they're trying to escape with Minimize.

SKyLineR32

Master Weasel
I feel bad when some of the pokemon faint.
Like Pikachu's cry make me sad, and I feel guilty when one of my own pokemon faint. I wanna go and give them a hug

Yeah, the fact that we can actually see our Pokemon flinch in pain and pass out makes watching them get hurt a little hard at times, especially when a battle isn't going your way.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I love the fainting animations in Gen VI...it makes the game a lot more realistic and immersive to me. I feel guilty, too, whenever certain Pokemon faint and it looks like they feel sorry that they disappointed their trainer. Are some of the cries more drawn-out, too? It seems to me that Aurorus's cry is painful when it faints.

I like how they made the Pokemon have their own fainting animations. It gives them more personality, you know?

I Like Pie!

Smile smile smile!
Mr. Mime. Oh you little fairy. You are so adorable. Never have I enjoyed knocking out a Pokémon more. That hilarious fainting animation!

I think they did a GREAT job with this! However, some of the animations (This is a little off topic here), but when Metagross comes in, it comes in, hitting the ground like an inch above the ground....on air. But I think that many of the pokemon have awesome animations now. I don't really catch many of them.

Quantum1024

Flaming Death
Like many, I think Archeops' fainting animation is nothing short of hilarious. Hes flapping on for dear life. Its the only one that is distinctly stupid, most of the rest are fine. I like some of the ghost types fainting though eg. Aegislash

Not that he isn't already flapping for his dear life while not unconscious.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
To all of you who think the animations for the Pokémon and how they faint is new, I hate to break it to you all, but it's nothing new.

They also do that stuff in both of the Pokémon Stadium games, Pokémon Colosseum, Pokémon XD and Pokémon Battle Revolution.

It does look cool though I will admit that, but don't assume it's revolutionary or something that hasn't been done before, because the truth is it's not.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I got to admit, Game Freak really did an impressive of making the fainting animations unique for each pokemon in x/y.

Game Freak did an impressive job at everything in XY. Battle animations, fainting animations, the Poké-Aime minigame, it just clicks this gen. You can tell they palette-swapped a few (especially with the birds and the dragons), but overall I'm still blown away. And the game's been out for nearly six months!

Thank you Game Freak for all your hard work!

WaterTypeWarrior

The fainting animations in XY really are fantastic and some of them are kinda heart rending. But no fainting animation ever will make me feel worse for a Pokemon than Togepi in Colosseum and XD. The poor thing starts crying and tries to run off as it gets called back to its ball. It's like its lost all faith in the goodness of the world and feels completely betrayed by those it trusted and considered friends.

I mean... just... you poor thing... How could I ever attack such an innocent being? I feel so dirty... I'm worse than Cipher...