• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Fan Presents the Alola Pokémon League

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
A Mythical that will probably barely be activated one ep before the league, and likely has no experience battling. Lana is the most battle oriented main girl this series, Lillie is more similar to Serena where she only battles if she has to.

Not to mention Shiron's literally the weakest Pokemon on the cast, after Poipole but he's gone so....

Mallow would destroy Lillie

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Not to mention Shiron's literally the weakest Pokemon on the cast, after Poipole but he's gone so....

Mallow would destroy Lillie
Lillie's got both an Ice Stone and a the Icium-Z. Snowy can evolve at any time to become stronger, and Subzero Slammer is super effective against both of Mallow's Pokemon, and if Shaymin gets a Gracidea to change forms, Snowy will be even more effective against it. And, as technically the main girl, she'll most likely win at least one battle, and Mallow seems her most likely opponent.

wellwellwells

Lillie's got both an Ice Stone and a the Icium-Z. Snowy can evolve at any time to become stronger, and Subzero Slammer is super effective against both of Mallow's Pokemon, and if Shaymin gets a Gracidea to change forms, Snowy will be even more effective against it. And, as technically the main girl, she'll most likely win at least one battle, and Mallow seems her most likely opponent.

And she could also learn Freeze Dry to counter Lana.

DatsRight

They seem to be trying to see how far they can have the girls get away with 'falling upward' this series, get loads of power boosts and conveniences and almost systematically avoid showing them do ANY training or developed battling (as in against an opponent that isn't the equivalent of an inanimate punching bag). It stands out against Kiawe who has had to utilise trial and error and expand his style and tactics intricately with each of his episodes otherwise he lost, while the girls just seem to skip all that. No learning defensive techniques, no learning offensive for that matter. Hell Mallow's barely learned how to GIVE COMMANDS in battle, Tsareena and Shaymin mostly just do their own thing.

I could say this might come back to haunt them in the league, but the show has NEVER had a trainer NOT be good at battling by the end of their run, even Serena was just abruptly fluent and confident in battle strategies in her last battle despite doing only relatively better experience wise. Also it feels like this series is systematically avoiding getting the girls be in any situation they'd get their ass kicked, even if they HAD to lose for once, I get the feeling they'd want them to look as strong or brief a loser as possible.

If the girls are pit against each other, I can see it being a case of whose plot armour will run out first. At least two of them will have to ultimately sell a hit and struggle and, dare I say it, GET KO-ED, no matter how much they exaggerate their experience level here (unless they pull a Serena and get thrown out of the fight prematurely without having to actually lose).

Last edited:

Kintaro

Banned
The writers themselves are hyping Kiawe and Lana up more in the episodes themselves than the other 3, that alone tells you they'll get further in the league.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The writers themselves are hyping Kiawe and Lana up more in the episodes themselves than the other 3, that alone tells you they'll get further in the league.
Yeah, especially considering that the two of them got their Z-Rings very early in the saga while it took 110+ episodes for Lillie, Soph, and Mallow to get theirs.

DatsRight

And yet Lana still hasn't done one proper competitive battle. Kiawe has at least fought Brock and train sparred with Ash, along with a few antagonist battles that WEREN'T spam curbstomps or DEM boost plot devices and offered legit development in terms of battle style and prowess, not to mention was established as somewhat competent from the start of the series. Lana just seems to have skipped all that.

p96822

Evolve me please
And yet Lana still hasn't done one proper competitive battle. Kiawe has at least fought Brock and train sparred with Ash, along with a few antagonist battles that WEREN'T spam curbstomps or DEM boost plot devices and offered legit development in terms of battle style and prowess, not to mention was established as somewhat competent from the start of the series. Lana just seems to have skipped all that.

Even though Kaiwe battle Brock and Ash that doesn't mean that's he strong. He lost most of his battle and only won his battles by learning a new move by rematches.

Last edited:

DatsRight

Even though Kaiwe battle Brock an Ash that doesn't mean that's he strong. He lost most of his battle and won his battles by learning a new move.

The difference is that Kiawe learned said new move BEFORE the match, and still had to go in there with a developed strategy. It wasn't the old formula where once they got the boost the battle was over and no agency was really required anymore.

p96822

Evolve me please
The difference is that Kiawe learned said new move BEFORE the match, and still had to go in there with a developed strategy. It wasn't the old formula where once they got the boost the battle was over and no agency was really required anymore.

I wouldn't say that he has a strategy, but him just using the new move and that's basically it. Shell Smash doesn't come back in his battle with Brock and because Marowak was detracted by the music that made lose another match. In a way Kaiwe never won a match until he gets his rematch.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Kaki will likely make it further in the competition than the other companion characters, although I'd love to be proven wrong and instead see Maamane or Mao make it farther than him since that would be a pleasant surprise.

DatsRight

I wouldn't say that he has a strategy, but him just using the new move and that's basically it. Shell Smash doesn't come back in his battle with Brock and because Marowak was detracted by the music that made lose another match. In a way Kaiwe never won a match until he gets his rematch.

But that's the thing. We saw his fallibility, his weak spots as a battler like his over reliance on defensive strategies and how he overcome them. There was trial and error involved.

With the others they've mostly avoided any battle they can't win easily, so have never had to adjust or develop their competence level despite being even more limited in skills and versatility than Kiawe originally was. I think only Sophocles has even officially lost a battle and unlike Kiawe he never went back in with an improved approach.

Making them suddenly good battlers out of nowhere now when Ash and Kiawe had to work and go through trial and error to get to how they are now would feel cheap, like they skipped over any hard work and were just inherently good because the plot wanted them to be.

It'd be almost like switching it around and saying battling is just that easy crap anyone can master, and Ash and Kiawe were incompetent enough that they had to work extra hard just to be halfway good at it when anyone else can learn the ropes in a couple passive attempts.

Last edited:

p96822

Evolve me please
But that's the thing. We saw his fallibility, his weak spots as a battler like his over reliance on defensive strategies and how he overcome them. There was trial and error involved.

With the others they've mostly avoided any battle they can't win easily, so have never had to adjust or develop their competence level despite being even more limited in skills and versatility than Kiawe originally was. I think only Sophocles has even officially lost a battle and unlike Kiawe he never went back in with an improved approach.

Making them suddenly good battlers out of nowhere now when Ash and Kiawe had to work and go through trial and error to get to how they are now would feel cheap, like they skipped over any hard work and were just inherently good because the plot wanted them to be.

It'd be almost like switching it around and saying battling is just that easy crap anyone can master, and Ash and Kiawe were incompetent enough that they had to work extra hard just to be halfway good at it when anyone else can learn the ropes in a couple passive attempts.

No that’s not it. I found Kaiwe failures makes him less impressive then his successes

ShadowForce720

Not really because, it's not like there just suddenly going to beat Ash or Kiawe in an actual battle, could they each get at least 1 win in the league, sure because since it's open to everyone there are going to be varying people of different skill levels, however they will most likely lose if they face Ash, Kiawe, Royal Masked, Guzma, Gladion, Ilima, and Hau.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I could see something like this:

Round 1: 1 vs 1: Mallow, Sophocles, and Illima are out

Round 2: 2 vs 2: Lillie, Lana, and Guzma are out

Round 3: 3 vs 3: Hau and Kiawe are out

Semi Final: Ash vs Gladion

Final: Ash vs Professor Kukui

Leonhart

Imagineer
Given Ilima's overwhelming popularity and his much hyped talents, I would be stunned if he were to lose in the first round of the Alola League. Stranger things have happened, but I'd expect him to at least make it to the Top 8 before being eliminated, preferably by Satoshi.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Given Ilima's overwhelming popularity and his much hyped talents, I would be stunned if he were to lose in the first round of the Alola League. Stranger things have happened, but I'd expect him to at least make it to the Top 8 before being eliminated, preferably by Satoshi.
Illima isn’t that amazing, he’s a typical well-loved bishounen style character who was hyped due to having a celebrity seiyuu in the form of the red ranger from Tensai Sentai Goseiger hence his talent-archetype and little cheer squad in his debut episodes. There’s no reason to think he’ll present a massive challenge at the league and couldn’t get eliminated round one. He’s hardly tied to Satoshi rival-wise anyway and I can’t see the writers passing up an Eevee/Eevee duel.

nuzamaki90

The way I see it all the trainers that lack 3 Pokémon are going to hit the chopping block in the first or second round. I don’t expect Ash to battle any of the classmates besides Kiawe, and in regards to the other competitors, he’s definitely going to have a go at Gladion, Hau, and maybe even Team Rocket.

Regardless, I’m positive the finals will be Ash VS Masked Royal. Ash might win, seeing how in the games Kukui says being the Champ of a League he created is pretty lame, but they might forget all about that and have the Masked Royal win anyways.

I don’t really care for this League and not excited one bit. What I am excited for is Ash and Tapu Koko’s rematch which I hope happens after this.