• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Fan Presents the Alola Pokémon League

Leonhart

Imagineer
Seems like a lot of people are assuming that the League will have matches that involve more than three Pokemon, but given how different this League is from previous ones, I wouldn't be surprised if there are no full six-on-six battles and we just get one-on-one or three-on-three matches, instead. The fact that no one that we know is competing thus far has a confirmed full team strengthens this idea.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Seems like a lot of people are assuming that the League will have matches that involve more than three Pokemon, but given how different this League is from previous ones, I wouldn't be surprised if there are no full six-on-six battles and we just get one-on-one or three-on-three matches, instead. The fact that no one that we know is competing thus far has a confirmed full team strengthens this idea.
I'd still bet on one full battle happening. Probably between either Gladion and Ash, or Hau and Ash.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
BTW, something funny happened, there's this web AI where you can type anything and it'll try to give you a story, I typed "The alola league winner", and it got me:
The alola league winner's main theme is "Falling in love with the sea." He's the hero and heroine. A beautiful, confident, very pretty guy. All around a great character. He might be the only one that can win.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
If he ends up becoming the Champion, he would have to lose the title before the end of the saga so that he can go to Galar.

Why? We've never seen this happen before. The closest game precedent is Red/Lance, but the championship status was never clarified in GSC or the PWT. Red and Blue's Battle Legend status could be unrelated to the shuffle between RBY and GSC.

Word doesn't travel very fast in the Pokemon World, so to me it would be totally believable that Galarians wouldn't know Alola exists or that it even has a Pokemon League. I'd assume Ash was making it all up, and without his Alolan team he has no way to back it up.

Not to mention Ash hasn't bragged about his prior accomplishments since...Sinnoh? That haughtiness has been ironed out of his personality.

DatsRight

I'm wondering if team battles will be a thing for some parts of the league. A lot of the SM teams revolve around duos with lots of synergy and some of their movesets are more practical alongside a team mate (eg. Shaymin's Aromatherapy).

p96822

Evolve me please
I'm wondering if team battles will be a thing for some parts of the league. A lot of the SM teams revolve around duos with lots of synergy and some of their movesets are more practical alongside a team mate (eg. Shaymin's Aromatherapy).

Aromatherapy is not really that great of the move when stats is not really a common thing in the anime

Leonhart

Imagineer
DatsRight said:

Team battles would at least allow the Alola League's rounds to go by quicker by lumping several characters together and getting the preliminary stuff out of the way to make room for the big shots like Satoshi, Gladio, Hau, and whoever else we're meant to seriously care about.

Kintaro

Banned
I'm starting to get the feeling all the SM companions competing in the league was a mistake. It should have been just Kiawe at the most, and maybe Lana. The other 3 really have no reason to be entering and aren't really battlers so I don't see the point.

DatsRight

Team battles would at least allow the Alola League's rounds to go by quicker by lumping several characters together and getting the preliminary stuff out of the way to make room for the big shots like Satoshi, Gladio, Hau, and whoever else we're meant to seriously care about.

Especially since nearly every character in SM has Pokemon teams of two, even potential contestants not confirmed yet like Faba, Acerola and Samson Oak have two confirmed Pokemon each to make adding them in for a quick match convenient. Even the ones who have more than two often have a focus on duo chemistries to play on this (eg. Rowlet and Meltan, Turtonator and Marowak, Lycanroc and Torracat).

Admittedly Lillie and James risk getting screwed over if this happened, though Lillie will likely get Magearna and James could use one of his reserves or Meowth I guess.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Bortgreen said:
Hau's absence since his debut episode is veeery suspicious...

I worry that he might not even compete at the Alola League, or that if he does he might not last long similar to how Kengo failed miserably at the Shinou Grand Festival.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen

Team battles sound like a good idea but if Lana, Mallow and Lillie get stuck in a group, that would be too predictable. I'd love to see the SuMo cast split into two groups to battle each other though, maybe Ash, Kiawe and Lillie against Lana, Mallow and Sophocles.

I worry that he might not even compete at the Alola League, or that if he does he might not last long similar to how Kengo failed miserably at the Shinou Grand Festival.

I think he'll make it far or at least until he can fight against Ash.

DatsRight

Team battles sound like a good idea but if Lana, Mallow and Lillie get stuck in a group, that would be too predictable. I'd love to see the SuMo cast split into two groups to battle each other though, maybe Ash, Kiawe and Lillie against Lana, Mallow and Sophocles.

Oh wait no I got that wrong. I meant DOUBLE battles, not team battles. Sorry guys.

As in each battler goes in individually but uses their two Pokemon at once.

DatsRight

Double battles are a good idea for me, also, Lillie as show strategy in this kind of battle.

It would also make it easier to even out experience levels as well, since the non battlers would likely have an easier time thinking up tactics with both their Pokemon at hand and could combine their power.

Mallow using Tsareena as brute force and Shaymin as a healer whenever she gets taken out could make her a feasible threat for example. Sophocles could use Vikavolt for offensive attacks but Togedemaru to tank a lot of stuff due to being a Steel type with Lightning Rod.

Kintaro

Banned
In any other saga I'd be excited about Ash's companions entering the league, but given this is SM where Ash's companions aren't really battlers besides Kiawe, they all only have like 2 or so pokemon each, and SM's battles in general are lackluster, it's really not as exciting as it could be.

Imagine Misty/Brock, May, Dawn, Clemont, Cilan, etc. all competing in a league with Ash. We could get to see some good battles with characters with a number of pokemon to use and we can see how far they had all come since the beginning of the series. Even though they'd all lose eventually, it'd be fun to see. The SM companions just don't have that build up.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
This league is not exciting because...

- There's no tension.
- Everyone is besties with everyone.
- Anyone and their grandma can enter, which means you need zero effort to even get a chance to enter.
- Battles have been handled really weird this season, to the point Torracat hasn't participated in a single Grand Trial.

If you'd ask me, this is a combination of Don Tourneys where everyone gets to enter, with the absolute lack of tension of Serena's performances mixed in (her rivals were so friendly and not jerks to her). The result is just glorified battles shown on TV.