• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Fan Presents the Alola Pokémon League

PreschoolerFromNowhere

Can you give me a good reason to replace someone who was been a protagonist in the long running anime for 20+ years that already 1000+ episodes?

If next protagonist are just a kid who become a trainer, traveling around region, battle gym, battle league, stop bad guy and aiming to be stronger trainer in the world, there's no point to change him after his 20 years right? If the writter change him when anime move from Kanto to Johto, it should be fine to changing protagonist every time anime move to new region but by now Ash is more like something that will stick around as long the Pokemon series are not dead, i might even leave a letter for my grandson to keep tracking how long this will last when i'm older too, yeah...i'm sure it's that long...

It something you want to blame, you should blame the writter that not that enogh gut to change him early, now we reach to the point where they can't just replace him anymore...

Pokemon feel more like Doraemon, Shin-chan or Chibi-Maruko where you can't replace the main character because it become a mascot of the anime itself now...

Red and Blue

So which eight trainers will survive pass the 16 rounds?

Ash, Gladion, Hau, and Guzma are obvious choices but it's a bit hard to determine the other four. I'm hoping at least Lillie and Kiawe advance

ShadowForce720

Ash, Gladion, Hau, and Guzma are obvious choices but it's a bit hard to determine the other four. I'm hoping at least Lillie and Kiawe advance

I think Kiawe could make it into the Top 8, but I'm not so sure about Lillie, like I know you don't want her to get knocked out in the Top 16 because you want her to get a win, but look at it this way at this point unless Lillie gets Magearna or Clefable during the league then she is only going to have one pokemon being Snowy the problem with this is the fact that if she makes it into the Top 8 and still only has 1 pokemon that is going to force top 8 matches to be a 1vs1 even though all the other characters in the top 8 will likely have more then one pokemon they won't be have to have matches in top 8 that require more then one pokemon because of Lillie only having 1 pokemon forcing the matches to be a 1vs1.

So I'm not sure if Lillie should make it into Top 8 or that I would want her to get to the Top 8 if it's going to cause all the Top 8 matches to be 1vs1.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I'm highly expecting Jessie to face off against Ash in one more battle to truly conclude the Mimikyu and Pikachu face off... meaning the Rocket Gang (or at least Jessie) is surely making it to the Top 16 if not Top 8. What that means for James going forward as he only has 1 Pokemon is unknown, but I expect them to rope Meowth and Stuffel/Bewear into this as well.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Kiawe for sure. Acerola too, but somebody else will take her out, not Ash.
Top 16 allows for Ash to battle 4 trainers; Gladion, Hau, Guzma, and Kiawe have all had build up

There's really no need for Lillie to make it, seeing how she only has Shiron.
I'd love it if Gladion kicks Lillie out, Kiawe humiliates Lana, and Guzma destroys Ilima in revenge for Tupp

I'm highly expecting Jessie to face off against Ash in one more battle to truly conclude the Mimikyu and Pikachu face off... meaning the Rocket Gang (or at least Jessie) is surely making it to the Top 16 if not Top 8. What that means for James going forward as he only has 1 Pokemon is unknown, but I expect them to rope Meowth and Stuffel/Bewear into this as well.

I don't see much need for closure on that, seeing how it's more likely Mimikyu's going to be staying

Dream Lad

Banned
Can you give me a good reason to replace someone who was been a protagonist in the long running anime for 20+ years that already 1000+ episodes? Pokemon feel more like Doraemon, Shin-chan or Chibi-Maruko where you can't replace the main character because it become a mascot of the anime itself now...

What do you consider Ash's journey? Is it cyclic or is there supposed to be an ending? If it's the latter, it becomes very difficult to justify the writers' lack of loyalty to their own protagonist by having him constantly come up short.

Most long-term fans acknowledge that Original Series --> Diamond & Pearl had an overlying story regarding Ash's personality growth that corresponded with his improvements as a trainer (especially at the leagues). Best Wishes kind of burned that, but XY was again seen as further progression. If Ash by chance wins this Alola League, then it's really setting up Swords & Shield to be a possible finale, which would correspond to the 25th anniversary of the anime.

I don't even think Ash has to go away either. AU versions of Ash have now shown up in films. They could even remake the entire anime with a new Ash. Or make it Ash's kid. Even without Ash, the show would survive just fine IMO. Give the main character either a Pikachu, Charmander, Froakie, Riolu, or Eevee and set them on their way. People care more about the Pokemon than Ash.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

I think Kiawe could make it into the Top 8, but I'm not so sure about Lillie, like I know you don't want her to get knocked out in the Top 16 because you want her to get a win, but look at it this way at this point unless Lillie gets Magearna or Clefable during the league then she is only going to have one pokemon being Snowy the problem with this is the fact that if she makes it into the Top 8 and still only has 1 pokemon that is going to force top 8 matches to be a 1vs1 even though all the other characters in the top 8 will likely have more then one pokemon they won't be have to have matches in top 8 that require more then one pokemon because of Lillie only having 1 pokemon forcing the matches to be a 1vs1.

So I'm not sure if Lillie should make it into Top 8 or that I would want her to get to the Top 8 if it's going to cause all the Top 8 matches to be 1vs1.
She could activate Magearna between episodes in the league. It was listed in Pokefan implying she'll use it at some point

I dunno about that. Pikachu already proved itself against Mimikyu in the thrift store. I'm still think Illima will be Ash's first opponent to see Pikachu and Eevee face off for LGPE reasons

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I don't see much need for closure on that, seeing how it's more likely Mimikyu's going to be staying
Closure or not... Mimikyu is one of the most popular Alola Region Pokemon, there's no way it's not going out fighting against Pikachu

I dunno about that. Pikachu already proved itself against Mimikyu in the thrift store. I'm still think Illima will be Ash's first opponent to see Pikachu and Eevee face off for LGPE reasons
Nah, it still was as angry as ever when they met up again at the Pikachu Valley

Red and Blue

Closure or not... Mimikyu is one of the most popular Alola Region Pokemon, there's no way it's not going out fighting against Pikachu

Nah, it still was as angry as ever when they met up again at the Pikachu Valley
Okay but what's the point? Jessie isnt beating Ash so there isnt much suspense there. It would just be a rehash. If anything I think she is more likely to face Acerola.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Also with the last episode, as much as enjoy Lycanroc Midnight, I need Ash's to shut it down hard. It will be such a pleasurable experience lol. It's shown to have taken out a blastoise and now taken out a Golurk, it seems to do well against Type Disadvantages...

Pikachu vs Silvally would be much better than Lycanroc vs Silvally imo also.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Okay but what's the point? Jessie isnt beating Ash so there isnt much suspense there. It would just be a rehash. If anything I think she is more likely to face Acerola.

Then again what is the point Jessie fighting Acerola, I mean sure you say for the Mimikyu vs Mimikyu fight but there really isn't any suspense because Acerola's Mimikyu is a ghost which seems to mean that it can't inflict damage to other pokemon and it can't take damage from other pokemon.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
This league actually has a relatively good excuse for Ash to be knocked out by some guy from Galar.

This league has no qualifications, no barriers to entry. It's easy for foreigners to just get a plane ticket, bring 6 Pokemon, participate, and walk away tournament champion.

Red and Blue

Then again what is the point Jessie fighting Acerola, I mean sure you say for the Mimikyu vs Mimikyu fight but there really isn't any suspense because Acerola's Mimikyu is a ghost which seems to mean that it can't inflict damage to other pokemon and it can't take damage from other pokemon.
Well the general consensus is that Acerola will lose at some point despite her Mimikyu's seemingly immunity. The suspense could be to see if Jessie could somehow counter it

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Well the general consensus is that Acerola will lose at some point despite her Mimikyu's seemingly immunity. The suspense could be to see if Jessie could somehow counter it
Tbf if her Mimikyu just has to stay alive until it's part of the top 16, that's all it has to do. Otherwise she could use other pokemon like Gengar in the actual matches where she needs to do damage.

ShadowForce720

This league actually has a relatively good excuse for Ash to be knocked out by some guy from Galar.

This league has no qualifications, no barriers to entry. It's easy for foreigners to just get a plane ticket, bring 6 Pokemon, participate, and walk away tournament champion.

The problem with that idea is that a lot of the top 16 slots are pretty much already filled, I mean looking at the roster chances are if anyone knocks out Ash it's probably going to be a known character at this point, so at this point if your really think a character from Galar is going to show up and knocked out Ash your probably going to be disappointed. Actually if anything this league can't have a random person just knocked out Ash and win the league do the fact that the winner of league is going to be fighting the Masked Royal, which the fight with the Masked Royal is going to happen and is going to be shown because otherwise there would be no reason to have a fight with the Masked Royal be a prize for winning the league if it's not even going to be shown.

So the person who wins the league has to be someone the audience actually cares about it would enjoy seeing fight the Masked Royal. So chances are the winner of the league is going to probably be Ash, Guzma, Gladion, or Hau.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Jessie's gonna end up disqualified due to using moves on the Trainer's rather than the Pokemon. On that note, which of the TRio is going to be using the Z-Ring since they share one between them?

ShadowForce720

Jessie's gonna end up disqualified due to using moves on the Trainer's rather than the Pokemon. On that note, which of the TRio is going to be using the Z-Ring since they share one between them?

Since it is the top 16 I'm presuming that not all the battles are probably going to be happening at the same time so I would imagine they would just have Jessie's and James's matches take place at different times so that once one finishes their match they give the Z-Power ring to the other.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Since it is the top 16 I'm presuming that not all the battles are probably going to be happening at the same time so I would imagine they would just have Jessie's and James's matches take place at different times so that once one finishes their match they give the Z-Power ring to the other.
Yeah, but how they gonna share it during the preliminary round?