• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Fan Presents the Alola Pokémon League

dman_dustin

It's still a cop-out excuse for them to be competent in the league. There's no catharsis showing off how they improved in something COMPLETELY OFFSCREEN. They surely could have shown at least ONE battle for each of them beforehand.

They're not going to be "competent" outside of holding their own against their opponents. Except for maybe Lana, Mallow, Sophocles, and Lillie are going to be knocked out pretty easily.

At best they'll take out some random nobody or maybe Team Rocket (to showcase their respective Z-moves).

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Guzma participating in a league is all kinds of wrong. Then again, this isn't really a real anime league and more like a Clubsplosion kind of deal.

I expect perfect A student Ilima to win it all. (Can I say it's just weird to have two Eevee trainers at the same time, though.)

D

Deleted member 384931

Guzma participating in a league is all kinds of wrong. Then again, this isn't really a real anime league and more like a Clubsplosion kind of deal.

I expect perfect A student Ilima to win it all. (Can I say it's just weird to have two Eevee trainers at the same time, though.)
If Ilma participated in the Kalos League yes

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Lana's a "proactive battler"? Mallow "raised" her Bounsweet into a Tsareena? Given how much glorified bull plop is going on in this promo I have a bad feeling how this is gonna go down.

Next, they're going to say Kiawe's Turtonator is big and reliable.

If Ilma participated in the Kalos League yes
I'm not sure I understand the point of this reply.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The Alola League being a glorified Don George tournament-like event was somewhat expected after what was hinted before, but I'm still not that thrilled with the news since I was hoping that only Satoshi and Kaki would compete.

Leonhart

Imagineer
GarchompChain said:
. This is going to be worse than BW isn't it....

Honestly, this League seems slightly worse to me since at least the Isshu League had people like Virgil who was competent, and even Kotetsu was fairly skilled when he wasn't being a goofball. But Satoshi's classmates other than Kaki will likely make the League less intense since they're not very good battlers.

DatsRight

Next, they're going to say Kiawe's Turtonator is big and reliable.

In fairness they at least bothered showing Turtonator battle well pretty early on. There was even some transitioning when comparing his first and most recent training spars with Pikachu due to his speed and tactical increase. It wouldn't be cheap to have him give Ash's Pokemon a hard time.

Hmm, one other curious detail I noticed, Sandy is listed above Brionne, and is the only secondary to be listed above the trainer's signature.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Obviously Ash will just let everyone borrow his Pokemon reserves to get the 6v6 battles. He has enough of them to share.

DatsRight

I.....actually wouldn't mind that so much, but the main problem still exists that the others still don't have any experience besides jobber bad guys that never really challenged or forced a good display out of them. You can give an amateur the powers of a god and it feels meaningless if they still haven't bothered to learn how to use it properly.

diakyu

All my money is on Hau taking it.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
This scan also just seems like it may not be what the league is exactly, it just seems like they're doing a breakdown of the trainers now who have shown interest in competing in the league combined with new info that they have on the upcoming episodes that have been released, but no nothing more about what's coming after these episodes. I'm really thinking that we will have more changes that will show themselves with new episodes being announced before the league and this is just more hype for it.

Jeal

Come on, Ash and Kiawe actually WORKED to become good battlers. Don't have them outshone by some complacent sheets of cardboard that didn't remotely try the entire series. You already stretched it with Serena suddenly being hyper competent at the end of XYZ but in the league, the actual professional battle tournament??? With ZERO official battles beforehand???

I just getting the worrying feeling they'll do what they did with Serena but WORSE, just randomly making them Ash's level with no build up at all just so they end on a high and it looks like they 'developed' throughout the series.
Again? For the thousandth time, Serena did nothing amazing in this battle. All she did was defend herself and managed to hit a blow that practically did nothing in Pikachu. The basics of a beginner trainer. Ash was easy on her, he could have defeated her in less than 30 seconds if he wanted to.

Kintaro

Banned
I love how we're having skilled trainers like Guzma, Gladion, Ash, Hau, and Kiawe...vs the other classmates.

Like if Lillie, Mallow and Sopcholes at least don't all lose their first rounds, I don't know what. Lana will probably make it a bit far given the hype she's getting, but all the others have much weaker pokemon. Gladion/Hau/Guzma alone would destroy them.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I'm starting to hope either a past champion, or Galar's champion enters this in disguise, wrecks everyone in their path and takes down Kakui for this affront to what a league is.

DatsRight

Again? For the thousandth time, Serena did nothing amazing in this battle. All she did was defend herself and managed to hit a blow that practically did nothing in Pikachu. The basics of a beginner trainer. Ash was easy on her, he could have defeated her in less than 30 seconds if he wanted to.

It's still a HUGE upgrade from her battle style the rest of the series beforehand, where she pretty just spammed basic attacks the entire time and when that didn't work relied on plot armour or the match being called off. Braixen NEVER used that 'stick fu' combat in any previous battle, largely because she never needed to.

Sure it was a training spar but she was still putting up WAY more advanced defensive techniques that she NEVER used in a previous match and was just being made to be far more tactical and persistent. It felt like they either exaggerated her skills just to let her end on a high note or she was supposed to reach that level but they just couldn't be bothered developing her AT ALL until that very last battle. A whole series of TR spam curbstomps apparently made her a smart and resilient battler. Pah.

This is my issue with the SM non-battlers. Only Lillie at a stretch has shown she can be tactical with good resources, the others haven't had ANY real battle experience or transition into using proper strategies, they've just been given more and more power so they can continue spamming jobbers like Serena did, and they've only done a handful of those as well. Suddenly making them as smart and tactical as Ash during the league would feel like a cop-out, even if they did earn all these upcoming boosts, there was ZERO display of them learning and having to get better USING them. How can a trainer like Mallow that has never been in a battle developed enough that she had to withstand ONE HIT, let alone be forced to learn complex strategies that aren't just spamming attacks, be considered "experienced"?