• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Fan Presents the Alola Pokémon League

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
I'm betting on Samson Oak participating and winning with Komala and Vulpix

DatsRight

The problem is it feels like a 'no-win' situation. They either convey the non-battlers' experience realistically and thus we get half the league's matches being uneventful curbstomps, or they randomly make them hyper competent battlers, which would feel more cheap than entertaining and undermine Ash and Kiawe actually WORKING for their experience the entire series.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
When this league has Ash lose to a total idiotic trainer in which he had an obvious advantage to win (3 vs 1) but ends up losing the battle due to a DEM evolution and somehow not using Attract then you can rank this league at that level of bad like Unova. But what do I know! This league has not started yet so I won't criticize it until the end like I did with the Kalos League (yes even after its awful start, I waited until the end to judge it).

This scan also just seems like it may not be what the league is exactly, it just seems like they're doing a breakdown of the trainers now who have shown interest in competing in the league combined with new info that they have on the upcoming episodes that have been released, but no nothing more about what's coming after these episodes. I'm really thinking that we will have more changes that will show themselves with new episodes being announced before the league and this is just more hype for it.
I really hope that's the case, otherwise this League is going to be so underwhelming. There's a lot more characters that they can and SHOULD use. Guzma, Gladion, Hau and Ilima are most likely all Ash's rivals and we won't see the classmates battling them (thought Gladion vs. Lillie or Guzma vs. Sophocles would be welcome).

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Slightly better than Unova's league (only because it will surely have some interesting...albeit short battles).

But slightly worse than Kanto's league (only because it doesn't ask anyone to do any real effort to even enter, even a freaking baby can enter).

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The only good thing about this article
"Will he and Ash face in the finals?!" - Kiawe's description
Please have Kiawe be the one to boot Ash out if anyone. Apart from Guzma and Gladion, he's the one person who can do it without it being stupid or forced. But Gladion winning would just be the whole Alain thing all over again, where Ash never got to best him and always lost.
Kukui would just be a total asshole if he beat Ash, crushing his student's dream

I'm starting to hope either a past champion, or Galar's champion enters this in disguise, wrecks everyone in their path and takes down Kakui for this affront to what a league is.

Lance arresting Kukui for this travesty of a League would be awesome!

Jeal

It's still a HUGE upgrade from her battle style the rest of the series beforehand, where she pretty just spammed basic attacks the entire time and when that didn't work relied on plot armour or the match being called off. Braixen NEVER used that 'stick fu' combat in any previous battle, largely because she never needed to.
Obviously, Braixen just battled officially two times after evolution, vs Aria and vs Jingoro. In the former, the battle was interrupted after the evolution. In the latter, her stick was broken and the battle was interrupted after Braixen hitted Gallade with Fire Blast. She had already shown basic skills since XY80. She never was in Ash's level. Ash was easy on her.

DatsRight

Obviously, Braixen just battled officially two times after evolution, vs Aria and vs Jingoro. In the former, the battle was interrupted after the evolution. In the latter, her stick was broken and the battle was interrupted after Braixen hitted Gallade with Fire Blast. She had already shown basic skills since XY80. She never was in Ash's level. Ash was easy on her.

It sticks out because it was a very defensive heavy spar, and Serena had NEVER learned good defensive tactics. She's ALWAYS been in curbstomps or had battles cut off before she could lose the upper hand. The first case there was Braixen on a 'post evolution rush' curb stomping her opponents and then the match getting called off JUST as they were about to retaliate, while the latter had a TR interruption in between so they had to start another far more basic battle. It would make sense if the attempt against Ash was more basic and showing them adjusting, but Serena and Braixen randomly looked completely and perfectly fluent and improvising and defending despite ZERO experience in that regard. This may look like nitpicking but tons of battlers have had limelight concerning having to devise over improving their weak spots (eg. Kiawe's over reliance on tanking) while Serena was just made competent at whim. Even if she still wasn't Ash's level she had advanced instantly through far less effort than he had.

This is generally a problem that comes with the anime trying to dilute things to just the 'badass' winning moments for the twerps. To actually improve and gain substance they HAVE to be on the losing end sometimes, they have to be forced to improvise and truthfully they have to outright LOSE a match to demonstrate weak spots and maintain some sense of reasonable fallibility. Trying to 'skip past' all that because they want to keep the twerps on a high just doesn't work because they can't develop by ALWAYS being on the giving end of a match.

Sometimes I feel like someone in charge post-BW put the kibosh on the girls getting roughed up too much, hence them nearly all being non-battlers who conveniently still get plenty jobber limelight where they almost never take damage themselves. It would explain why most of the non-battle goals tend to be poorly conceived and more like an excuse to keep them out of the battling seriously. They still want them to look strong like the others, but they want to skip over all that tedious development and fallibility.

Last edited:

Jeal

It sticks out because it was a very defensive heavy spar, and Serena had NEVER learned good defensive tactics. She's ALWAYS been in curbstomps or had battles cut off before she could lose the upper hand. The first case there was Braixen on a 'post evolution rush' curb stomping her opponents and then the match getting called off JUST as they were about to retaliate, while the latter had a TR interruption in between so they had to start another far more basic battle. It would make sense if the attempt against Ash was more basic and showing them adjusting, but Serena and Braixen randomly looked completely and perfectly fluent and improvising and defending despite ZERO experience in that regard. This may look like nitpicking but tons of battlers have had limelight concerning having to devise over improving their weak spots (eg. Kiawe's over reliance on tanking) while Serena was just made competent at whim.
Dude, stop to be delusional. After the evolution, Braixen only attacked once before the battle was interrupted, this is not ''curbstomping the opponent''. Stop talking as if Serena had been an elite level 4 trainer in this battle, she did nothing but the basics she had done before

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Lance arresting Kukui for this travesty of a League would be awesome!

I don't think they'd go that far, Lance beating Kakui and explaining to him that a league needs qualifications in order to well "be a league" would be good enough, perhaps even calling him out on forsaking Alola's island challenges which pretty much are the "Gyms" of the region just for the sake of having a "league", (Also making Kakui a hypocrite, because again doing that makes him just as bad as Guzma who gave up) and given that it seems like the whole Lana Kyogre situation is coming to pass, wouldn't it be interesting if Lance did fight Kakui or Masked Royal and whooped him good, making him realize that trainers need to earn the privilege to be in a league.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
The anime has showed there's no real league authority, really.

If there was, Clay and Skyla would have lost their jobs a looooooong time ago...or wouldn't have been accepted as Gym Leaders.
what about goodshow?

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I'd like to believe there is a higher authority (like the champion league) but since Alola never had gyms and leagues before, obviously no one cared, and so Kukui self appointed himself and ended up making this garbage league.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
The one thing I can say for certain is that this League has a 100% chance 0f being more satisfying than the DP League.