• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Fan Presents the Alola Pokémon League

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

Revolver Furious Dragon

"Pokemon League Victory! Gladio's Ultimate Match!"

Or fight the masked royal! Gaogaens flaming spirit.

Get everyone arguing about whether ash's torracat will evolve or if it's talking about kukuis incineroar

Leonhart

Imagineer
Now that the Alola League is winding down, I think I can confidently say that it's been a roller coaster ride in both good ways and bad ways. I didn't think that the major League battles were as good this time around as in previous Leagues, and it was the smaller less hyped ones that I enjoyed the most such as Guzma versus Suiren and Musashi versus Kojirou.

Master Pikachu 11

Now that the Alola League is winding down, I think I can confidently say that it's been a roller coaster ride in both good ways and bad ways. I didn't think that the major League battles were as good this time around as in previous Leagues, and it was the smaller less hyped ones that I enjoyed the most such as Guzma versus Suiren and Musashi versus Kojirou.
I felt that this league was a little better then Kalos, simply because we are going to see most of Ash’s Pokémon actually have a spotlight in their battles unlike with Noivern and Goodra. We got to see some characters that we actually know battle and not be so much of taking the focus away from the battle like they did with Alain vs Trevor, while adding the point less Ash vs Furfrou trainer to the same episode and could have been in the episode before the league not during. Obviously it could have been better if there were full battles, but at least Ash is going to get an evolution before his final match and both his mom and professor Oak have come to watch him battle, which didn’t happen in the Kalos league.

D

Deleted member 384931

Some battles were good, some less good. The finals have to surprise me.
There was much talking in some battles.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Honestly outside of the preliminaries, Musashi VS Kojiro, and the fakeout specifically in Satoshi VS Hau (the rest of the battle was okay, but the fakeout was ugh), I'd say this League's battles have ranged from decent to pretty great. And yes, that even includes the literal joke battle with Sauboh. What can I say... It was an amusing joke.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
This has been a great league, though not perfect. I love the variety in battles and how many characters were involved. This is what I missed in previous leagues. Kalos felt like it was just rushing to Alain vs Ash, as if that was all that mattered, with Sawyer in the mix too.

That said, some of these battles were definitely trying to stretch things out more by adding too much conversation or lingering too long on some cheering shots etc, taking some of the drive out of it.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I’ve actually really liked this League. Some battles were straight up jokes, but even then I’ve liked some of them for the character moments and development they’ve provided (Jessie vs. James being the biggest example). The more serious and important battles have been pretty good; Kiawe vs. Gladion and Guzma vs. Ash were very fun to watch.

I think if definitely benefited from being longer; the Kalos League was better in terms of battles but way too rushed. However, it’s obvious they were stretching some of the battles out too long here, with all the unnecessary padding and repetitive dialogue.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
This league probably ranks average, probably tied with the Hoenn league. It's definitely better than the Unova and Kanto leagues imo
Being better than the Unova League isn't much of an achievement. The Kanto League had the excuse of being first at least.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
For some reason many of this league's battles (especially Ash vs Faba, Guzma vs Ilima, and Ash vs Guzma) remind me of Pokespe. Though if there's one thing I must complain about aside from the things everyone has said already, I hate that the battlefield is completely plain in all of the fights (not even a grass battlefield at times to make it look more varied), especially considering SM has made some great uses of battlefields to enhance choreography at times (the Kanto gyms, Pikachu vs Mimikyu, Ash vs Gladion at Poni Island, heck, even Ash vs Hapu had some)

DatsRight

I think Alola's sneaky benefit is that rather than having loads of offscreen battles with unknown competitors, it used those extra slots to give other characters development moments and screen time, and about the same point things started to get into focus in other leagues, the battles became more serious with only the pro battlers remaining.

The con is that the smaller teams are consistent even in the semi finals, though there's always a few Pokemon that ended up jobbers in full team battles anyway. It may have been better having quarter finals be 2 v 2 and semi finals 3 v 3, though the pacing of each battle did still work as is.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
This league has been really lackluster. I hate how they made the League more then the generic 6-7 episodes but 3 episodes dedicated to 1 round of 1 vs 1 battles? This felt like that 2nd Battle Club tournament all over again. I think this is why people don’t consider it a real League since we are so used to the previous League setups and this one had 1 vs 1 battles until the semi’s where they added 1 more pokemon.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
This league was charming, it was in a league of its own. You can’t really compare it to past leagues in the series because the Alola League’s appeal is in its widespread focus and integrity toward the cast versus just a bunch of Satoshi v. (Rival) showdowns. The league offered an array of focus toward a colorful cast. Guzma, Mao, Suiren, Gladion, Hau, Lillie, Kaki, Mamane and Kojirou all got sweet and heartfelt moments through this league’s aim toward showcasing Alola’s place in the world of Pokemon. It fulfilled and showcased Kukui’s desires and wishes well enough.

Thus far my favorite moments are Kaki acknowledging Gladion as his “rival,” Mamane growing more confident battling, Lillie showcasing her battle growth to her brother and Suiren acknowledging though Guzma’s methods were cruel that he didn’t do anything wrong? She acknowledged him as a stronger trainer and that was really a good and mature loss for her even if Ashirene got beaten badly. This league wasn’t lacking in Pokemon focus as Amajo, Mukuroh, Gusokumusha, Hidoide, Pikachu, Bakugames, Meltan, all received solid character moments so far.

I only ask Nyaheat settle the score with Gaogaen at this point plus Satoshi has to debut Dynamic Full Flame, right? I’m hoping the cat gets the ultimate character moment of the league for the Pokemon but Pikachu tripping and defeating Gosukumusha’s diamond and armor then the samurai bug overriding its natural cowardice in Emergency Exit for its trainer’s sake might be hard to top. If Nyaheat does finish off Gaogaen I wonder how that’ll happen. Obviously Revenge will do a lot of good plus Flame Charge’s speed was enough to even with Darkiest Lariat and leave singe last time they fought so who knows?

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Well since torracat is likely to be used in the masked royal battle it makes sense to show it off there.

Somewhat fitting since ash was with a young kukui when he got it

Meh, would have been cooler seeing him unleash it against the best classmate. And the one that should have won the league, Kiawe