• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Fan Presents the Alola Pokémon League

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
oZTPU1B.jpg

An Alola League is going to be held!!
A FULL CHECK OF POKÉMON AND PARTNER'S CAPABILITIES!

The Alola Pokémon League is a grand scale battle tournament that will determine the ultimate Pokémon & Partner! We've looked into the friends and Pokémon that have sets their aim on entering the league, as well as their capabilities!

The Z-Ring is the key to victory!
The Z-Ring is a tool that lets you use the super-powerful one-shot moves called "Z-Moves". Only trainers whose capabilities have been approved of have these.

CHECK No. 1: SATOSHI
Satoshi has fully cleared the Alola region's Island Pilgrimage, and has mastered numerous Z-Moves as well. He's also aiming to win the tournament, and his capabilities are top class!
PIKACHU: Satoshi's best partner, who has made its way through lots of battles alongside him!
MOKUROH: It sleeps all the time, but it really is a gutsy Pokémon that truly delivers when it counts!
LUGARUGAN (DUSK FORM): Trainer hard with Satoshi in order to become a strong Pokémon!
NYAHEAT: Competes in terms of strength with Lugarugan, whom it sees as its rival.
MELTAN: It's tiny, and its true capabilities are unknown. Its Flash Cannon is super powerful!

Z-MOVES SATOSHI CAN USE:
ULTRA DASH ATTACK: Mokuroh, Pikachu, etc
WORLD'S END FALL: Lugarugan (Dusk Form)
SPARKING GIGAVOLT: Pikachu
BLOOM SHINE EXTRA: Mokuroh
RADIAL EDGE STORM: Lugarugan (Dusk Form)
TRANCENDENT SCREW BARRAGE: Pikachu

CHECK No. 2: KAKI
A skilled Trainer who has been able to use Z-Moves since before he met Satoshi. Is there a chance he and Satoshi will have their rival showdown in the Pokémon League finals?!
BAKUGAMES: Fights with super powerful Fire moves! Cares a lot about its friends and companions.
GARAGARA (ALOLAN FORM): An extremely sore loser that has a one-sided rivalry with Bakugames.
LIZARDON: Not only can it fly with Kaki on its back, it's also a reliable battle partner of his.

Z-MOVES KAKI CAN USE:
DYNAMIC FULL FLAME: Bakugames, Garagara and Lizardon
FINAL DIVE CRASH: Lizardon

CHECK No. 3: MĀMANE
His partners are two Electric type Pokémon. Will he be able to use his calculation skills to win his way through the Pokémon League, which is filled with tough opponents for him?!
TOGEDEMARU: We expect it to give us a surprising (!?) show at the league with its spiky body and its Electric type moves!
KUWAGANNON: The evolved form of the Dendimushi he got from Satoshi!

HE CAN USE Z-MOVES AS WELL?
HE'LL OBTAIN A BUG-Z?!
Believe it or not, the first prize in the Kuwagannon Race is a Bug-Z! Make sure to keep an eye out for what Z-Move he'll become able to use!

iVmfIJB.jpg

CHECK No. 4: SUIREN
This proactive Pokémon battler and her Osyamari are a perfect team! Will she make big waves from the Alolan sea and win her way through the tournament?
SHORE (SUIREN'S EIEVUI): Shore is extremely curious and mischievous. Will it be an active battler as well?
OSYAMARI: Osyamari and Suiren have gradually grown stronger together. Will it evolve again?!

SOMETHING HAPPENS TO OSYAMARI IN THE EPISODE THAT AIRS MAY 5TH?! (airdate and time may vary depending on region)

Z-MOVES SUIREN CAN USE:
SUPER AQUA TORNADO: Osyamari has been able to use this Z-Move ever since it was an Ashimari!

CHECK No. 5: MAO
She's definitely skilled, considering she raised her Amakaji all the way to an Amajo, but will she pass as a rival during the tournament as well?! Keep an eye out for the powers the mythical Pokémon Shaymin hides!
AMAJO: Specializes in kicking moves, like "Trop Kick" and "Stomp".
SHAYMIN: We don't know how powerful a battler it is yet, but there's no doubt everyone's really excited to see what it's capable of!

MAO GAINS NEW POWERS IN THE EPISODE THAT AIRS MAY 12TH?! (airdate and time may vary depending on region)

CHECK No. 6: LILIE
Lilie became unable to touch Pokémon after getting involved with an Ultra Beast, but has grown a lot since then! Will she be able to get her first victory?!
SNOWBALL (LILIE'S ALOLAN ROKON): Lilie's precious partner, which she's taken care of since it was an egg!

SHE OBTAINED A Z-RING & BEFRIENDED A MAGEARNA?!
Having obtained the Z-Ring and Magearna her father left behind, she heads for the Pokémon League!

THERE ARE OTHERS AS WELL! PAY ATTENTION TO THESE TRAINERS:
We're going to present 4 Trainers Satoshi and the others have met so far that you should pay extra attention to:
GLADIO: His partners are Silvady, Blacky and Lugarugan. Lilie's brother, and a highly skilled Trainer that's even able to use Z-Moves!
*Silvady can change types by having its Memory changed! What kind of battle will it give us?
ILIMA: A senior student at the Pokémon School. Extremely popular, even has his own fan club!
*Eievui uses a Z-Move that borrows and releases the powers of its evolved forms! This chased off the entire Skull Gang!
GUZMA: The Skull Gang's boss! It appears he holds a grudge against Professor Kukui, and he plans to stop the Pokémon League from being held.
*He once battled Satoshi's Pikachu. The battle ended in a draw, but he got to show us how skilled he was.
HAU: The grandson of Island King Hala. He became Satoshi's friend after battling him.
*(text is too cut off to read)

PROFESSOR KUKUI HOSTS THE POKÉMON LEAGUE!
There are no Pokémon Gyms in the Alola region, so Professor Kukui has prepared a place for Trainers to fight.
Thanks to the cooperation of the Aether Foundation, a gigantic stadium is currently being constructed!

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
So all as expected. No 6 vs 6 battles, Mallow gets her Z Ring in that cooking episode, Brionne evolves and Lillie gets a Magearna before the league. So seems like 10 trainers overall, so basically a mini battle tournament being labeled as a grand scale league. Anyway, probably the episode after the latest will be Lillie getting Magearna, maybe a filler or two, and then league. So maybe end July or early August.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Um, you linked the same image twice.

Also, Sophocles' Z-Ring is the Poni Island type. All Islands are represented.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
@Dephender
Just let you know, the second image is the same image. Can you fix it?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Completely unfair to poor Torracat Brionne evolved first. -.- No defending that, there's no way you can....

Poor Torracat doesn't even have a z-move to use in the League :(

TheScentedApple

I'm annoyed there's going to be no 6v6 battles, it felt like maybe Poipole could have come back but I guess not :/ And is this confirmation that Mallow and Lillie and can use Shaymin and Magearna respectively??

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I'm annoyed there's going to be no 6v6 battles, it felt like maybe Poipole could have come back but I guess not :/ And is this confirmation that Mallow and Lillie and can use Shaymin and Magearna respectively??

Unless Magearna is activated in-between Mallow's next focus episode and the League, no.

Even if it's inactive, it's still technically hers.

Though I wonder why Mallow doesn't have a Z-Ring on her artwork like Sophocles does. I guess it's because Sophocles is getting his this week and that's not really much of a spoiler?

nickdt

Lol. Good way to kill the hype for the next few episodes, Pokefan. Whats the point in watching the episiodes if we already know what will happen.

Mallow obtains new Powers, so she gets both the Psychinium Z and Oranguru (Powers is the keyword, if she only obtains Psychinium its a Power, not Powers).

So... Ash has Meltan, Mallow has Shaymin and Lillie has Magearna. Just wait and see Lana getting Kyogre.

Nothing about Ryuki or Kahili, that is interesting, same as Team Rocket not being mentioned. Might we get a surprise for the TRio.

Last edited:

JC317

...I mean, if Sophocles obtains a Buginium Z, then why are you still asking us what Z Move he'll be able to use?

It's not like Sophocles will be able to do anything other than Savage Spin-Out, unless the anime decides to let him out of all characters to apply actual strategy and use a status move in conjunction with his Z Crystal...

TheScentedApple

...I mean, if Sophocles obtains a Buginium Z, then why are you still asking us what Z Move he'll be able to use?

It's not like Sophocles will be able to do anything other than Savage Spin-Out, unless the anime decides to let him out of all characters to apply actual strategy and use a status move in conjunction with his Z Crystal...
Sophacles would make sense to use this though, he may not be the best battler but he is one of the smarter classmates alongside Lillie is he not?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Vikavolt doesn't have an attacking Bug move right now. That's really the only reason we are questioning what move he'll use.

JC317

Sophacles would make sense to use this though, he may not be the best battler but he is one of the smarter classmates alongside Lillie is he not?

To be fair, I'm not saying Sophocles isn't smart enough to do that, but more that I don't think the writers would choose to do a Z status move over an actual Z move.

After all, has the anime even established that you can power up status moves into Z status moves?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Completely unfair to poor Torracat Brionne evolved first.

I seem to recall back during sinnoh, a lot of people got ticked off that Monferno evolved into Infernape before Grotle became Torterra, because of the fact Grotle had evolved from Turtwig first between them.

Just because their revealing changes for the others doesn't necessarly mean Ash can't get some too.

Of course the emphasis on certain pokemon (like Gladion's team) really makes me wonder if anyone is going to have six pokemon going into this, wouldn't surprise me if no one does though.

Also, I would not want to be Sophocles, Guzma is probably going to gun for him for getting the bugium-Z

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I seem to recall back during sinnoh, a lot of people got ticked off that Monferno evolved into Infernape before Grotle became Torterra, because of the fact Grotle had evolved from Turtwig first between them.

Just because their revealing changes for the others doesn't necessarly mean Ash can't get some too.

Of course the emphasis on certain pokemon (like Gladion's team) really makes me wonder if anyone is going to have six pokemon going into this, wouldn't surprise me if no one does though.

Also, I would not want to be Sophocles, Guzma is probably going to gun for him for getting the bugium-Z

Yeah but Monferno earned that, Brionne's done even less than Brock's Mudkip did. Literally nothing

Kintaro

Banned
Since they're actually telling us each character has at least 2 pokemon, I imagine the battles won't be 1 vs 1 for the obvious reason that only one pokemon per each character could be showcased then. I mean why bother to now show they all have at least 2+ pokemon now?

p96822

Evolve me please
Oh great, They could have waited until like September to announce this, but now sounds like a really bad time.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Hmm, no mention of a potential Ninetales before the league for Lillie..

Honestly a little underwhelming for a league scan, but I guess it's nice to have confirmation for Soph's z-ring, Brionne evolving, and Mao getting something random.