• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Fan Presents the Alola Pokémon League

Henry's Journey

So all as expected. No 6 vs 6 battles, Mallow gets her Z Ring in that cooking episode, Brionne evolves and Lillie gets a Magearna before the league. So seems like 10 trainers overall, so basically a mini battle tournament being labeled as a grand scale league. Anyway, probably the episode after the latest will be Lillie getting Magearna, maybe a filler or two, and then league. So maybe end July or early August.

Umm, I don't know if I'm not reading it well but the magazine says that these 10 are the competitors we should pay attention NOT that they're the only ones participating, the league won't be only 10 trainers from Alola, I mean...

Henry's Journey

Ok, I still have hype for the league even if there's no 6 vs 6 battles, if the Alola League is kind of an upgrade of a Don Tournament it will be fun, it still could turn out like the Unova league trainwreck tho but I hope they pull it off.

The biggest mystery is who will win, maybe Ash has a chance of becoming Alola's first champion? or will it go to Gladion/Guzma?

D

Deleted member 384931

So everyone is going to win with Z-moves? Bah, boring league!
I am impressed they bring Ilma back

Last edited by a moderator:

Jangobadass

Surprise!
Ugh. This League's going to be a mess. Probably short too.

I never thought they'd stoop so low as to have people who are barely even trainers in a League...
Hell, NO ONE has a full team this saga!

This is even going to be more of a formality than the Kalos League. Even then it had some legit trainers (even if some of them sucked), cool battles, great animation, and Team Flare. Even the Isshu rivals were better trainers than these kids.

The fact they're telling us about it so soon feels like it's going to happen earlier than usual...

Also, a kind of unfair they didn't mention the TRio participating. Do the SM writers just HATE the them for some reason? o_O

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
The league may end up decent, but I expect the worst. Also RIP 6vs6 battles, was one of the reasons to look forward to the leagues, now even 3vs3 battles are hardly doable, looking over Lillie's, Lana's and Sophocle's teams. I expect one with Kiawe and Hau, the only one who actually should participate at all.

If the battles are on the same quality as the recent ones, then chances are good that this may become the new worst league.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I wonder why MR wasn't mentioned, if he's a "prize battle" then ash is almost guaranteed to win

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
Ugh. This League's going to be a mess. Probably short too.

I never thought they'd stoop so low as to have people who are barely even trainers in a League...
Hell, NO ONE has a full team this saga!

This is even going to be more of a formality than the Kalos League. Even then it had some legit trainers (even if some of them sucked), cool battles, great animation, and Team Flare. Even the Isshu rivals were better trainers than these kids.

The fact they're telling us about it so soon feels like it's going to happen earlier than usual...

Also, a kind of unfair they didn't mention the TRio participating. Do the SM writers just HATE the them for some reason? o_O

I certainly wouldn’t blame them if they did, considering how useless and completely and utterly pointless those three are...

D

Deleted member 384931

I wonder why MR wasn't mentioned, if he's a "prize battle" then ash is almost guaranteed to win
Or like Hau in the games
Lol feels like SM can be over for you. I dont really blame you. It is worse if the scans even spoil things for episodes.

DatsRight

Lana's a "proactive battler"? Mallow "raised" her Bounsweet into a Tsareena? Given how much glorified bull plop is going on in this promo I have a bad feeling how this is gonna go down.

Come on, Ash and Kiawe actually WORKED to become good battlers. Don't have them outshone by some complacent sheets of cardboard that didn't remotely try the entire series. You already stretched it with Serena suddenly being hyper competent at the end of XYZ but in the league, the actual professional battle tournament??? With ZERO official battles beforehand???

And no mentioning of Team Rocket. I think I'd almost prefer them in the league over the non-battlers. They've at least had more displays of battle competence.

DatsRight

It would be great to use this league as a stepping stone to have a competent female companion participate in a future league since all the classmates are allowed to enter.

I just getting the worrying feeling they'll do what they did with Serena but WORSE, just randomly making them Ash's level with no build up at all just so they end on a high and it looks like they 'developed' throughout the series. If they wanted a competent female battler they should have had them learn the ropes throughout the show like everyone else, or even just establish one of them as an experienced battler in the first place. Making one just inherently good without any of the trial and error and hard work (heaven forbid a cute widdle girl LOSE a battle in the modern episodes) just feels incredibly cheap and almost positive discrimination.

It'd be especially sad if the first female "dream smasher" was a complete farce, like no girl could really defeat Ash on their own equal merit and effort.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Lana's a "proactive battler"? Mallow "raised" her Bounsweet into a Tsareena? Given how much glorified bull plop is going on in this promo I have a bad feeling how this is gonna go down.

Come on, Ash and Kiawe actually WORKED to become good battlers. Don't have them outshone by some complacent sheets of cardboard that didn't remotely try the entire series. You already stretched it with Serena suddenly being hyper competent at the end of XYZ but in the league, the actual professional battle tournament??? With ZERO official battles beforehand???

And no mentioning of Team Rocket. I think I'd almost prefer them in the league over the non-battlers. They've at least had more displays of battle competence.
Bruh, last gen they claimed Noivern was reliable and I’m sure in BW they probably talked about how great Cameron was. Don’t take these things seriously lol

D

Deleted member 384931

It quite hard to get excited for the aloha league especially given how poor the quality is for battle this series.
And not to mention that the classmates didnt fight (much)

DatsRight

And not to mention that the classmates didnt fight (much)

Kiawe did okay in spite of compressing his development time. I actually like his team and they bothered to show him fine tuning them to keep up with Ash. It's just everyone else hasn't even had a proper trainer battle.

Some of the little character notes for the Pokemon I have to admit make me smile, especially noting Lycanroc and Torracat's rivalry and Marowak's one sided rivalry with Turtonator.

Wonder what the little ambiguity thing going on with Togedemaru's quote is though? Is she finally gonna get a move change before the league?

dman_dustin

Let's actually wait to see what happens before making assumptions.

I still find it weird that Torracat doesn't have its own Z-move, and it apparently can't even use Normalium-Z anymore even if it could. So I'm pretty sure Torracat will be getting something soon (AKA before the league).

I just don't think they're going to reveal everything, in Pokemon Fan, they already revealed a lot, DO they need to also reveal every single thing about the league and the characters involved in the league, or can they hold back and wait for some more surprises.

I mean pretty much everyone has at least 2 Pokemon (assuming Lillie gets to use Magearna in the league) except for right now of Guzma, and Hau, are they really only going to have 1 Pokemon each?

I'm sure they left A LOT of information out.

Kiawe did okay in spite of compressing his development time. I actually like his team and they bothered to show him fine tuning them to keep up with Ash. It's just everyone else hasn't even had a proper trainer battle.

No but in the episodes they make it clear (or heavily imply) that they train at least half (just a guess) as much as Kiawe and Ash, or basicaly whenever Kukui has the class train their Pokemon or practice their moves, or battle their classmates, they are eager to do so, but we just never see it, because episodes aren't hours long and it isn't the focus of the episode.

DatsRight

No but in the episodes they make it clear (or heavily imply) that they train at least half (just a guess) as much as Kiawe and Ash, or basicaly whenever Kukui has the class train their Pokemon or practice their moves, or battle their classmates, they are eager to do so, but we just never see it, because episodes aren't hours long and it isn't the focus of the episode.

It's still a cop-out excuse for them to be competent in the league. There's no catharsis showing off how they improved in something COMPLETELY OFFSCREEN. They surely could have shown at least ONE battle for each of them beforehand.