• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Fan Presents the Alola Pokémon League

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
That's disrespectful. You should only call someone out if they're deliberately twisting facts or misrepresenting the truth to sound right. At that point, the post ceases to be mere opinion and becomes trolling for drama.

Forums are a place to discuss, not a shanty to circle jerk. It takes courage to voice an overwhelmingly unpopular opinion when there's username accountability.

That's disrespectful. You should only call someone out if they're deliberately twisting facts or misrepresenting the truth to sound right. At that point, the post ceases to be mere opinion and becomes trolling for drama.

Forums are a place to discuss, not a shanty to circle jerk. It takes courage to voice an overwhelmingly unpopular opinion when there's username accountability.
What about presenting absolutely no facts that underwrite their opinion?

D

Deleted member 384931

A pokemon forum cant be peaceful The pokemon one is poisonous and toxic. Everyone wants that othersr know that their character is the best like Alain vs Paul. Or they are fighting over shippings

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I think the real travesty of this reveal is Ash got 2 starters and neither of them fully evolved... what a waste all because Rowlet was somehow too marketable and Torrecat happen to fit Ash's style better than Incineroar. I guess having a Special Lycanroc should have been the giveaway, but man that's a step down from how well they portrayed his Sinnoh team.

While opinions are opinions, they can still be wrong...

DatsRight

Meh, I'm fine with unevolved Pokemon if they get a good display. I actually almost have a favouritism towards competent unevolved Pokemon since often they're the best of both worlds and fully evolved Pokemon tend to lose their personality with odd exceptions (Lycanroc thankfully being one of them).

The bigger problem with Torracat is how few battles he's got. Training and personality development have been just fine.

Evolution is cheap in the anime anyway, what benefit has Bounsweet fully evolving done for Mallow as a character exactly? It does next to nothing.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Ash's pokemon could still evolve before or during the league.

Just because Lana's Brionne is probably going to evolve doesn't mean Ash's pokemon still can't.
How dare you be entirely reasonable on an internet forum.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Ash's pokemon could still evolve before or during the league.

Just because Lana's Brionne is probably going to evolve doesn't mean Ash's pokemon still can't.
Why would they dead give away that Brionne is evolving in the Kyogre episode, which people had debates about happening since it would take away from the Kyogre moment... yet not even give so much as a hint about Ash's Pokemon whatsoever? Even Togedemaru and Shaymin got hints of being better battlers then we give them credit for since they rarely battle at all in the first place.

Based on Torrecat's description, it's actual rival is Ash's Lycanroc, which it matches in power and skill... meaning for that rivalry to make any sense, it's not evolving at all

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Why would they dead give away that Brionne is evolving in the Kyogre episode, which people had debates about happening since it would take away from the Kyogre moment... yet not even give so much as a hint about Ash's Pokemon whatsoever? Even Togedemaru and Shaymin got hints of being better battlers then we give them credit for since they rarely battle at all in the first place.

Based on Torrecat's description, it's actual rival is Ash's Lycanroc, which it matches in power and skill... meaning for that rivalry to make any sense, it's not evolving at all

Yes but all that stuff is happening in KNOWN episodes.
Apart from Magearna getting awakened, but that was obvious

SatoSereFan224888

I hope to god Ash wins. I think he got screwed out of winning the Kalos League. Besides, I think he's the only trainer worthy of winning the Alola League, although you can make a case for Gladion to be just as worthy.

dman_dustin

Why would they dead give away that Brionne is evolving in the Kyogre episode, which people had debates about happening since it would take away from the Kyogre moment...
Not sure why that matters. The only reason the Kyogre episode would exist is to evolve Brionne if its evolving, the episode isn't about Kyogre its a Lana episode, which is precisely what most people thought, even implying Lana catching Kyogre, if not Kyogre than Primarina and it explicitly states something happens to Brionne, so I don't even know how the argument of "evolution would ruin Kyogre's appearance" would even remotely be valid. Sure "one" might like Kyogre far more than Lana evolving her Brionne, but that's not relevant to the actual process of them making an episode. You have to ask, if THEY care about Kyogre more than evolving Brionne, and I would argue at the moment that NO, no they don't.

yet not even give so much as a hint about Ash's Pokemon whatsoever? Even Togedemaru and Shaymin got hints of being better battlers then we give them credit for since they rarely battle at all in the first place.

While it could be a coincidence, it should be noted Pokemon Fan doesn't exactly reveal anything that we as fans couldn't speculate or guess based on the information WE have access to, the reason they gave hints to these Pokemon is because we as audience members KNOW that certain episodes are coming out.

But outside of league generally (which we were already told about), there's NOTHING in Pokemon Fan that suggest ANYTHING beyond the Kaki Z move episode (likely, since its Z-move related and even then that's just speculation) it doesn't even reveal Lillie will use Magearna in the Pokemon league other than information we already know about and that she obtained Magearna her father left behind.

It also doesn't expressly state what Mallow is even getting since Sophocles has a Z-ring while Mallow doesn't, but Mallow also doesn't appear to have any new Pokemon either, but she is supposed to get something in her episode with Tapu Koko and Oranguru.

So why would Pokemon Fan reveal anything beyond what we already have let alone anything in regards to Ash's Pokemon when according to the episode titles and summaries, the last Ash focused episode was his "gym battle" with Ryuki? And yet we have about 6 weeks without any mention of anything happening to Ash.

I highly doubt Meltan is Ash's ONLY power up he receives before the league (not counting new Pokemon attacks). It would be unfair to Ash if the only power up Ash gets before the league, is a Pokemon that can barely use any Pokemon attacks (and is simply strong enough to somehow participate in the league). Everyone else is getting new Pokemon as well as Z-moves. I do agree that yes Ash is MORE advantaged then his classmates, but I find it hard to believe that Meltan was Ash's last "power up" especially if we consider Gladion/Hau might have some power ups, I just don't think "Meltan" really fits here except for maybe being good against Lillie's Vulpix or potential "Ninetales" for being completely super effective against it (especially ALOLAN Ninetales).

Kintaro

Banned
Ash is already confirmed to get Incineroar based on that character sketch that hasn't happened in the anime yet. The one with Ash, Mallow and Rowlett all overlooking Incineroar lying down on the grass in front of them. He'll probably evolve right before the league started.

Meltan might not evolve, but if the writers want to showcase it's evolution before the gen ends it'd make sense to do so.

Red and Blue

Ash is already confirmed to get Incineroar based on that character sketch that hasn't happened in the anime yet. The one with Ash, Mallow and Rowlett all overlooking Incineroar lying down on the grass in front of them. He'll probably evolve right before the league started.

Meltan might not evolve, but if the writers want to showcase it's evolution before the gen ends it'd make sense to do so.
But that sketch had nothing to do with the anime. It was related to the games

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

Based on Torrecat's description, it's actual rival is Ash's Lycanroc, which it matches in power and skill...
meaning for that rivalry to make any sense, it's not evolving at all
Let's not take pokefan decriptions too seriously, they're just there to hype things up (just look at my current status), and anyways they're more sparring partners, and power-wise those aren't really much of an indicator (or you could say torracat=rowlet at the time of SM84)

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Besides, I think he's the only trainer worthy of winning the Alola League, although you can make a case for Gladion to be just as worthy.

Honestly, the only point Alola always made it's anything it's possible. I don't think Ash will win simply because it's tradition. Obviously there's a first time to everything, but I don't think it'll be now.

I highly doubt Meltan is Ash's ONLY power up he receives before the league (not counting new Pokemon attacks). It would be unfair to Ash if the only power up Ash gets before the league, is a Pokemon that can barely use any Pokemon attacks (and is simply strong enough to somehow participate in the league). Everyone else is getting new Pokemon as well as Z-moves. I do agree that yes Ash is MORE advantaged then his classmates, but I find it hard to believe that Meltan was Ash's last "power up" especially if we consider Gladion/Hau might have some power ups, I just don't think "Meltan" really fits here except for maybe being good against Lillie's Vulpix or potential "Ninetales" for being completely super effective against it (especially ALOLAN Ninetales).

Ash already have more z-crystals than all his classmates and 5 usable pokemon. While I think he's done for Z-crystals and another evolution could still be on table to him, he's the last character who actually need some boost. Assuming everyone will have a z-ring by the league time, if only to don't job fast at the first round, the classmates and Hau are the only ones getting power ups. Despite the fact Ash could use new tricks against Gladion and/or Guzma, but I prefer a new improvised move than simply depends on z-moves (it could not happen, anyway).