• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Fan Presents the Alola Pokémon League

D

Deleted member 384931

It's important to note Kukui isn't on the scan of league competitors. I figured he wouldn't be because he's essentially the champion ala Cynthia/Diantha, etc.
And Ash or anyone else has to beat it.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Not like the Z Crystals are the main way for Pokemon to get focus. See Rowlet getting some minor focus on its tendency to slack, Lycanroc learning how to use its Blaze Infernape knockoff red eye mode (?) as an advantage and not as a detriment, & Torracat’s was mastering Fire Fang & Flame Charge

Paul showcased Torterra but that didn’t stop Ash from getting one.

I'll turn it around and use that same logic on you.

Ash and Oshawott trained on not relying entirely on it's scalchops on keeping its eyes open when using Aqua Jet. Oshawott also had focus with his rivalry with Piplup and even learned Hydro Pump in that arc.

Also typically when his starters learn one of the strongest moves their own type they don't evolve further.

Bulbasaur (Solarbeam)
Squirtle & Oshawott (Hydro Pump)
Snivy (Leaf Storm)

(Paul had Torterra but that was his Pikachu in terms of being a 3 league veteran, if anything Electivire was his Sinnoh main)

It's important to note Kukui isn't on the scan of league competitors. I figured he wouldn't be because he's essentially the champion ala Cynthia/Diantha, etc.

How can he be the Champion if there hasn't been a league yet?

I wouldn't take the scan as 100%. Besides even in the opening it showed Masked Royal vs Ash. Openings are not 100% either.

I wouldn't rule out Kukui yet.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Not like the Z Crystals are the main way for Pokemon to get focus. See Rowlet getting some minor focus on its tendency to slack, Lycanroc learning how to use its Blaze Infernape knockoff red eye mode (?) as an advantage and not as a detriment, & Torracat’s was mastering Fire Fang & Flame Charge

Paul showcased Torterra but that didn’t stop Ash from getting one.
Paul's torterra (and gliscor for that matter) stopped having any battle appearances after ash got his so unless you think braviary will pull off an electrivire, there's very little chance for torracat to evolve

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I'll turn it around and use that same logic on you.

Ash and Oshawott trained on not relying entirely on it's scalchops on keeping its eyes open when using Aqua Jet. Oshawott also had focus with his rivalry with Piplup and even learned Hydro Pump in that arc.

Also typically when his starters learn one of the strongest moves their own type they don't evolve further.

Bulbasaur (Solarbeam)
Squirtle & Oshawott (Hydro Pump)
Snivy (Leaf Storm)

(Paul had Torterra but that was his Pikachu in terms of being a 3 league veteran, if anything Electivire was his Sinnoh main)

How can he be the Champion if there hasn't been a league yet?

I wouldn't take the scan as 100%. Besides even in the opening it showed Masked Royal vs Ash. Openings are not 100% either.

I wouldn't rule out Kukui yet.
So what exactly are you trying to prove with Oshawott? When Kintaro said Torracat got focus, you replied with “Get focus? It can’t even use any of Ash’s current Z Crystals” so I showed how none of his team had their focus revolved around a Z Crystal. How does Oshawott disprove that?

4 examples isn’t typically.

Paul's torterra (and gliscor for that matter) stopped having any battle appearances after ash got his so unless you think braviary will pull off an electrivire, there's very little chance for torracat to evolve
The opening showed Pikachu vs Incineroar not Torracat/Incineroar vs Incineroar.

D

Deleted member 384931

I wonder how to opening ceremony will go. Special guests?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Something else I want to bring up: at the end of the latest Masked Royale episode, he told Ash he wanted to battle Torracat. Every other battle that appeared in the opening has happened except Incineroar vs Torracat. While it’s possible this could be saved for the League, I doubt it. Even when that does happen, what does Torracat get out of it? Another move sounds redundant especially considering the fact that it rarely battles. I see that battle being like Lana’s Brionne: Torracat proves itself to Incineroar and gets the Incinium Z afterwards

Kintaro

Banned
If we take the scan at face value, Kukui isn't entering, Jessie/James aren't, and Misty/Brock aren't coming back again. I don't see why they would "hide" them competing when they even told us Guzma, Llima (who hasn't been seen in over a year), Gladion and Hau will be competing, so they're likely not in it.

dman_dustin

Wait... what are you trying to get at here? We only truly know Lana is getting Primarina in that episode because of this information... beforehand it was only a guess and only one guy even believed that would happen. You're saying it yourself, the discussion was is Lana really gonna capture Kyogre, who is the focus of that episode.

But it wasn't the only discussion, some people did wonder if perhaps Lana was going to get something. It wasn't just Kyogre. I was just pointing out regardless why would anyone care about Kyogre being in the episode, if the episode was set up to be about Primarina. Whether its fans denying Primarina would happen OR a magazine revealing the big twist of the episode. They aren't just going to talk about "Kyogre" when ultimately at best Kyogre will only be the catalyst in which Brionne evolves and "OOOH a legendary appears" It was the same exact thing with Fletchinder (Talonflame) and Noibat (Noivern), those legendaries appeared, but no one cared about them as much because we knew they were just catalysts to evolving Ash's Pokemon. So when the episode title was revealed, sure you could make the argument they are giving Kyogre to Lana to be ridiculous, or if you made the assumption it was a power up episode, that would mean an evolution or maybe a Z-crystal. Given that it was Kyogre though, it seems more obvious it would've been an evolution than a Z-crystal, because unless "Eevee" learned something new that resulted in a new Z-crystal, it would be bizarre it would be related to Kyogre (fishing), and Brionne already has a Z-crystal (two of them in fact if it evolves). So yes, but the magazine isn't going to shy away revealing

My point of that statement was why would they reveal that Brionne is evolving, yet not even hint that one of Ash's Pokemon is going to?
Because WE KNOW about the episode (the fans). Like I said it could be a coincidence, but like I said it doesn't even REMOTELY reveal anything beyond the Z-move training camp episode if even that, more like the Mallow episode.

I mean sure you could argue it reveals Ilmia, and that's not something that was "obvious" but it's not like that's argument breaking since it barely reveals anything different than what we know, like him having a special Z-crystal Eevee and being a top class student, nothing new.

Why even reveal this at all in the first place if it's gonna change drastically? The teams are all set for the companions, each of them are going to have 2 Pokemon, with the exception being Kiawe with 3, as Lillie's description does indicate that Magearna will be in Lillie's possesion for the league as well as Mallow using Shaymin to fight too. Apart from that though, if the league isn't happening within a 2-5 episode gap after our last revealed episode, why even have this article come out yet? I'm not as up to date on how frequently Pokemon Fan releases stuff, be it monthly or bi-monthly (or an even bigger gap) but it just seems silly to me that would reveal anything about the league this early unless its coming much sooner then we anticipated. Maybe Meltan's description does hint at it evolving, but that's the only one with a semblance of a hint.

Ash vs Clemont was revealed MONTHS before the episode actually came out. The Pokemon league would obviously be the MOST important thing that's happening in the tail end of 7th generation, so of course they would focus on it, this early, and here's the thing, they didn't even reveal any new episodes, if the league hasn't happened by the time there's the next Pokemon Fan, OBVIOUSLY then they are going to talk about the episodes in question. All Pokemon Fan did was talk about episodes we already know about and what to expect of the league, but they DIDN'T reveal everything, and I'm not sure why anyone would think they'd reveal everything.

As for Lillie, but it doesn't reveal ANY episode in which Magearna is active, it doesn't say look out for the episode that airs on xxxxxx, does it? Lillie can't use an inactive Magearna, so she can take it to the league, but it's not going to do anything except sit there looking dead.

So if they aren't going to reveal the date of the Magearna episode to look forward to, why the hell would they reveal anything about Ash's Pokemon which would presumably come after said episode?

Again it could be a coincidence, but as I said, Pokemon Fan did not explicitly mention any new information that explicitly points to any specific airdate beyond the Mallow episode (maybe the Kiawe training camp episode, but I'm at a loss as to when Sophocles gets a Z-ring).

I also should point out it only implies Mallow gets a power up in the Tapu Koko / Oranguru episode, we still have NO IDEA what it is, since she's not wearing a Z-ring in the Pokemon Fan shots while Sophocles is (and he doesn't have one now) and it doesn't say she gets a new Pokemon either. And none of her Pokemon can evolve, if we even count Shaymin. It could get a form change, but it would be weird if she got a Gracidea.

Now one final thing, it doesn't necessarily have to be a coincidence, Pokemon fan not revealing anything beyond the episode we fans already know about, it could be planned, Pokemon Fan only covering the episodes that it will cover, while the next Pokemon Fan will cover the next BATCH of episodes, and that might be reason enough.

It could also be as simple as the producers of the Anime, strictly prohibiting Pokemon Fan from revealing anything else. Like the Magearna episode or anything happening with Ash's Pokemon. Presuming they already know about that to even begin with.

Magearna could've been speculation since the episode that already aired, but still I should again point out, Magearna is still inactive. So I don't know what to tell you beyond that.

EDIT: WOW I really don't like that it adds an end quote tag when you forget to properly close one. I was absolutely confused for a moment why my post was ruined, despite me fixing it multiple times, would've figured a later end quote tag would've fixed some of it.....nope.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
But it wasn't the only discussion, some people did wonder if perhaps Lana was going to get something. It wasn't just Kyogre. I was just pointing out regardless why would anyone care about Kyogre being in the episode, if the episode was set up to be about Primarina. Whether its fans denying Primarina would happen OR a magazine revealing the big twist of the episode. They aren't just going to talk about "Kyogre" when ultimately at best Kyogre will only be the catalyst in which Brionne evolves and "OOOH a legendary appears" It was the same exact thing with Fletchinder (Talonflame) and Noibat (Noivern), those legendaries appeared, but no one cared about them as much because we knew they were just catalysts to evolving Ash's Pokemon. So when the episode title was revealed, sure you could make the argument they are giving Kyogre to Lana to be ridiculous, or if you made the assumption it was a power up episode, that would mean an evolution or maybe a Z-crystal. Given that it was Kyogre though, it seems more obvious it would've been an evolution than a Z-crystal, because unless "Eevee" learned something new that resulted in a new Z-crystal, it would be bizarre it would be related to Kyogre (fishing), and Brionne already has a Z-crystal (two of them in fact if it evolves). So yes, but the magazine isn't going to shy away revealing

Because WE KNOW about the episode (the fans). Like I said it could be a coincidence, but like I said it doesn't even REMOTELY reveal anything beyond the Z-move training camp episode if even that, more like the Mallow episode.

I mean sure you could argue it reveals Ilmia, and that's not something that was "obvious" but it's not like that's argument breaking since it barely reveals anything different than what we know, like him having a special Z-crystal Eevee and being a top class student, nothing new.

Ash vs Clemont was revealed MONTHS before the episode actually came out. The Pokemon league would obviously be the MOST important thing that's happening in the tail end of 7th generation, so of course they would focus on it, this early, and here's the thing, they didn't even reveal any new episodes, if the league hasn't happened by the time there's the next Pokemon Fan, OBVIOUSLY then they are going to talk about the episodes in question. All Pokemon Fan did was talk about episodes we already know about and what to expect of the league, but they DIDN'T reveal everything, and I'm not sure why anyone would think they'd reveal everything.

As for Lillie, but it doesn't reveal ANY episode in which Magearna is active, it doesn't say look out for the episode that airs on xxxxxx, does it? Lillie can't use an inactive Magearna, so she can take it to the league, but it's not going to do anything except sit there looking dead.

So if they aren't going to reveal the date of the Magearna episode to look forward to, why the hell would they reveal anything about Ash's Pokemon which would presumably come after said episode?

Again it could be a coincidence, but as I said, Pokemon Fan did not explicitly mention any new information that explicitly points to any specific airdate beyond the Mallow episode (maybe the Kiawe training camp episode, but I'm at a loss as to when Sophocles gets a Z-ring).

I also should point out it only implies Mallow gets a power up in the Tapu Koko / Oranguru episode, we still have NO IDEA what it is, since she's not wearing a Z-ring in the Pokemon Fan shots while Sophocles is (and he doesn't have one now) and it doesn't say she gets a new Pokemon either. And none of her Pokemon can evolve, if we even count Shaymin. It could get a form change, but it would be weird if she got a Gracidea.

Now one final thing, it doesn't necessarily have to be a coincidence, Pokemon fan not revealing anything beyond the episode we fans already know about, it could be planned, Pokemon Fan only covering the episodes that it will cover, while the next Pokemon Fan will cover the next BATCH of episodes, and that might be reason enough.

It could also be as simple as the producers of the Anime, strictly prohibiting Pokemon Fan from revealing anything else. Like the Magearna episode or anything happening with Ash's Pokemon. Presuming they already know about that to even begin with.

Magearna could've been speculation since the episode that already aired, but still I should again point out, Magearna is still inactive. So I don't know what to tell you beyond that.

EDIT: WOW I really don't like that it adds an end quote tag when you forget to properly close one. I was absolutely confused for a moment why my post was ruined, despite me fixing it multiple times, would've figured a later end quote tag would've fixed some of it.....nope.
sophocles got his z-ring today

D

Deleted member 384931

If Satoshi would win this "league" (I rather call it a tournament) will it feel as a real victory? I mean the most classmates arent on the level of the most Kalos partcipants (except rivals) or even Barry or Conway in Sinnoh. We have Gladion, Hau and Guzma (I do not really count Kiawe or Ilma as main rivals) but will they have the level Paul,Sawyer or Alain had at the league? And if the "league" does not have a full six-on-six battle (what they had since the Orange Islands), will we see their full potential?

OPINION: I dont understand why people say that Kalos didnt show much battles. They showed us TWO full six-on-six battles. I have a feeling that this "league" will be short.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
If Satoshi would win this "league" (I rather call it a tournament) will it feel as a real victory? I mean the most classmates arent on the level of the most Kalos partcipants (except rivals) or even Barry or Conway in Sinnoh. We have Gladion, Hau and Guzma (I do not really count Kiawe or Ilma as main rivals) but will they have the level Paul,Sawyer or Alain had at the league? And if the "league" does not have a full six-on-six battle (what they had since the Orange Islands), will we see their full potential?

OPINION: I dont understand why people say that Kalos didnt show much battles. They showed us TWO full six-on-six battles. I have a feeling that this "league" will be short.
Yeah, it was 2 battles over 4 episodes though. Also, since I prefer Charizard Y over Charizard X, kinda mad it didn't get to show off its power.

D

Deleted member 384931

Yeah, it was 2 battles over 4 episodes though. Also, since I prefer Charizard Y over Charizard X, kinda mad it didn't get to show off its power.
I just want to excitement of the Kalos League, the use of reserves like the Sinnoh League.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I just want to excitement of the Kalos League, the use of reserves like the Sinnoh League.
Yeah, I've gotta give Sinnoh points for using reserves, but that's as far as I'm willing to compliment it. And Kalos did have some of the greatest battles, especially Ash and Sawyer's match.

DatsRight

I don't mind the new premise for Alola's league, but including all the cast just seems to contradict what they built up to the whole series. And even with SM filled with loads of 'epic fail' humour, I still don't think they'd be cynical in their humour enough to have a protagonist still poor at battling so late in their run, this promo already reeks of glorification.

I just get the worrying feeling we're anticipating for which companion ends up "the guy that outdone Ash Ketchum in their first official match".

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I wonder how to opening ceremony will go. Special guests?
Barely. Probably the Kahunas and Lusamine, but nothing more.

I miss when the Pokemon League President was a constant presence every league. He didn't do much, but he passed the sense of the thing being official and big.

I don't mind the new premise for Alola's league, but including all the cast just seems to contradict what they built up to the whole series. And even with SM filled with loads of 'epic fail' humour, I still don't think they'd be cynical in their humour enough to have a protagonist still poor at battling so late in their run, this promo already reeks of glorification.

I just get the worrying feeling we're anticipating for which companion ends up "the guy that outdone Ash Ketchum in their first official match".

Bar Kiawe, the companions barely have any goal that imply battles and training and, frankly, SM was a great juggling about what to do with them when they aren't battle oriented (as Kiawe) or have a relevant plot (as Lillie). I find stupid and rushed, but I think that's the writers' way to give them something to do aside merely be a presence in the league cheering for Ash. I expect something at least better than Lillie's, Soph's, Lana's and Mallow's "gym matches" at Cerulean.

Eh, judging for the things in SM, I wouldn't be surprised if even Mallow of all of them give Ash the boot.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Woah hang on hang on hang on

Didn't the games basically not mention anything about some requirement of having to complete all the trial to enter the Alola League (as in some dude checking your notebook thingy to see if you got all the stamps like previous games checking your badge count)? Isn't allowing anyone to enter this Pokemon League basically same thing!

DatsRight

Bar Kiawe, the companions barely have any goal that imply battles and training and, frankly, SM was a great juggling about what to do with them when they aren't battle oriented (as Kiawe) or have a relevant plot (as Lillie). I find stupid and rushed, but I think that's the writers' way to give them something to do aside merely be a presence in the league cheering for Ash. I expect something at least better than Lillie's, Soph's, Lana's and Mallow's "gym matches" at Cerulean.

Eh, judging for the things in SM, I wouldn't be surprised if even Mallow of all of them give Ash the boot.

I don't mind how the companions were not battling, I think Sophocles and most of Lillie's episodes were pretty good in finding alternative story ideas for the characters, but now they're battling in the main tournament, and I get the feeling they're gonna make them all randomly strong and clever battlers with no build up, which looks really off considering they made arcs with Ash and Kiawe having to learn all the ropes and just generally getting squashed like bugs at challenges only the non-battlers were experienced with. They should have just kept to the 'everyone is good/bad at different things' premise that SM had a unique vibe with instead of having that last second "look how badass they are now" shill for everyone, which risks looking really forced and cheap and tipping the balance in the cast dynamic.